Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

autoX in quebec?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2004, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
autoX in quebec?

Anyone here knows of autoX events in eastern Canada or even here in Quebec? Any known organisation involved in this? I went to the SCCA site and they don't cover Canada... which is weird since they do GT and Touring events up here.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't know about auto-x...but why screw around with cone dodging

Come to the BMW Club of Quebec's track events! We're running a bunch of driver's schools this year. There's one at the end of June at Mecaglisse, one at Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant in July, and two tentative dates at the new Calabogie facility in August and Sept. There's another Tremblant event in August that will be hosted by the BMW CCA Boston Chapter, but BMW Club of Quebec members have a special invitation (we got them their date, introduced them to the track, and have co-hosted in the past...so they're paying us back by giving our members priority registation).

All schools give you lots of hours of track-time with one-to-one instruction plus classroom sessions, instructor rides, banquet dinner, and even a t-shirt.

Look at this thread for more info: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=74195

Emre
Old Apr 14, 2004, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

I have never dogged track racing, but it is amazing to me how easy it is for track jocks to dog out auto-x.

Old Apr 14, 2004, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Kyperion
I have never dogged track racing, but it is amazing to me how easy it is for track jocks to dog out auto-x.

Don't take it so seriously! It was meant in good fun

By the way, since I posted that last message, I remembered a club called LAPS. I think they have a website. They run Solo 2 events in and around Quebec, IIRC.

Emre
Old Apr 18, 2004, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks, I found it!!!

http://www.laps.ca
Old Apr 18, 2004, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Kayaalp
I don't know about auto-x...but why screw around with cone dodging

Come to the BMW Club of Quebec's track events! We're running a bunch of driver's schools this year. There's one at the end of June at Mecaglisse, one at Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant in July, and two tentative dates at the new Calabogie facility in August and Sept. There's another Tremblant event in August that will be hosted by the BMW CCA Boston Chapter, but BMW Club of Quebec members have a special invitation (we got them their date, introduced them to the track, and have co-hosted in the past...so they're paying us back by giving our members priority registation).

All schools give you lots of hours of track-time with one-to-one instruction plus classroom sessions, instructor rides, banquet dinner, and even a t-shirt.

Look at this thread for more info: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=74195

Emre
Well, I haven't got that much money to go play with you guys... and I heard that the Solo II fees are okay though. So I'll go and dodge cones this year... maybe next year I can afford track time!
Old Apr 29, 2004, 08:16 PM

http://www.cadl.qc.ca/
Old Apr 30, 2004, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks axDriver! This is a bit far from here (I'm in Sherbrooke) but it might be fun once or twice a year... I might give it a try this summer.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 07:08 PM

Here's another Quebe club...
http://www.clubdelta.ca/

And what seems to be something like the governing body in Quebec for motorsports,
http://www.autoquebec.ca/

Sorry that I can't be more definite .. I'm not really sure how the Quebec motorsports world is structured. In Ontario we have a number of clubs running their own series, plus the Regional series which makes stops at different club events.
In ontario the main site is http://www.solo2ontario.com/

There's also another website you might want to check out:
http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/
that place tends to have news and event calendars from across the country.

Hope you get out at least once this year .. it's a lot of fun!

I haven't seen any Lancers competing in Ontario yet, but the season is just getting started.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by axdriver
Here's another Quebe club...

Hope you get out at least once this year .. it's a lot of fun!

I haven't seen any Lancers competing in Ontario yet, but the season is just getting started.

I sure hope I do at least one Solo event with the Ralliart... and I'd also like to find a track event that suits my budget (as in WAY LESS THAN 500$). Got kids to feed aside from my car enthusiasm...

I think the Lancer is up to the task. I've ordered Pirelli PZero Neros to be mounted next week... those should make good Solo tires for me (considering I can't afford real racing rubber). Now if the driver could be half as good, maybe we'd stand a chance...

By the way, what are the engine specs on that Protege MP3 of yours??? If I remember correctly, it wasn't the base engine...

Thanks again for some precious links... I'll be investigating this weekend.
Old May 1, 2004, 07:07 PM

My engine's much different from the normal Protege 2.0L only 10 more HP. Very little power! It still does an amazingly good job of spinning the inside wheel without an LSD installed though.

If you want to get track time, look for "lapping days" held by local clubs instead of Solo ( Solo 1 / Time Trial ) events or driving scools. They are usually more in the $100-$200 range and you usally get lots of track time because it's just open lapping.

Maybe Quebec doesn't have as many affordable tracks as Ontario. We have Shannonville, the Mosport Development track, and Toronto Motorsports Park (Cayuga). Shannonville especially tends to be cheap because you can rent it out weeknights from 5-9pm and get a really good deal.
Old May 2, 2004, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by axdriver
My engine's much different from the normal Protege 2.0L only 10 more HP. Very little power! It still does an amazingly good job of spinning the inside wheel without an LSD installed though.

If you want to get track time, look for "lapping days" held by local clubs instead of Solo ( Solo 1 / Time Trial ) events or driving scools. They are usually more in the $100-$200 range and you usally get lots of track time because it's just open lapping.

Maybe Quebec doesn't have as many affordable tracks as Ontario. We have Shannonville, the Mosport Development track, and Toronto Motorsports Park (Cayuga). Shannonville especially tends to be cheap because you can rent it out weeknights from 5-9pm and get a really good deal.

We also have nice tracks in Quebec... but most of them in the Laurentides (a 250Ks drive). I am still trying to find something closer to home... Mosport is a superb track though! I wish I could go down there with you guys and drive on a legendary track! Have you ever seen the SCCA GT and Sports Car races held there? It's quite a show to see on TV... it must be awesome in person!

I really thought that track time was more expensive... I am now quite confident I'll be able to go out on the track at least once this year! Maybe stay at my bro in Montreal for a couple of days and go to Mont-Tremblant. Maybe my brother would even consider bringing his Quattro along for the ride... but I won't get my hopes up to much... he's not the kinda guy to really get the most out of his car (more of a soccer dad kind of guy).
Old May 2, 2004, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
I sure hope I do at least one Solo event with the Ralliart... and I'd also like to find a track event that suits my budget (as in WAY LESS THAN 500$). Got kids to feed aside from my car enthusiasm...
Well, our club (the BMW Club of Quebec) is hosting Alpine Drift at Mecaglisse at the end of June. That's 2 full days at the track with 1-to-1 instruction plus classroom sessions with a professional race coach for $300. That's about as cheap as it gets.

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
really thought that track time was more expensive... I am now quite confident I'll be able to go out on the track at least once this year! Maybe stay at my bro in Montreal for a couple of days and go to Mont-Tremblant. Maybe my brother would even consider bringing his Quattro along for the ride... but I won't get my hopes up to much... he's not the kinda guy to really get the most out of his car (more of a soccer dad kind of guy).
Again, the BMW Club of Quebec is hosting 2 events at Tremblant this summer (I'm event chair). Cost will be around $500 for the two days. Same deal as Mecaglisse in terms of track time, 1-to-1 instruction, etc.

I'm organizing these events. I have an Evo myself and I REALLY want to see some Mitsu's at our events! Come on guys...

Emre

Last edited by Kayaalp; May 2, 2004 at 04:01 PM.