Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Exh mani temps

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoustin
I have my EGT post turbo because I find it more useful to be able to see how all cylinders are doing. One a stock frame setup you can only see the temp of two cylinders unless you run a second probe. I was asking those questions to see if anyone was running a two probe setup.

I don't use EGT for tuning, merely as a health check. If I see temps lower than normal I know I've lost a cylinder or something is potentially wrong.
1 and 4 are the hottest most people go with cylinder 1 when installing the egt probe
Old Oct 2, 2018, 04:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by kikiturbo
Ideally you would have 4 of them, one in each runner... that way you can check your fuelling ballance. Post turbo EGT is pretty useless as the turbo will lower the temp a lot..
Yes but having 4 gauges is not realistic save the extreme 99% setups. I know turbos lower EGTs, it's a form of energy conversion (thermal to kinetic) but only watching 1 cylinder doesn't tell you if there's a problem with the other 3.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 269 Likes on 207 Posts
yes but 1 post turbo EGT tells nothing really... better just have some sort of automatic wide band based alarm..
I dont have the egt gauge.. just log it for tuning purposes.. And that is really the only reason to have 4 EGT probes.. to see if the fueling in the individual cylinders is balanced.. Having 4 widebands is difficult due to the corrections you have to make because of the increased manifold pressure..
Old Oct 28, 2018, 04:07 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Update:

Cant say how this stuff would work on the inside ,as intended, but it's holding up well on the exterior. Been daily driving and doing pump gas tunes. Looks as good as the day I sprayed it. Not bad.