Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Specialized Performance Coating

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by low_psi
So therefore they aren't interested in happy customers who drive Evos?
I never said that, please do not put words in my mouth. EvoM rules regarding negative reviews only apply to EvoM sponsors.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krisiun
There are other people in the local community that in the past have not always delivered what they promised, but people haven't spoken up , so I commend you for doing so, but I still think before you post a rant you would allow them to fix the issue. I thought your Cobb experience would have shown you that most locals will do all they can to make the customer happy.
I don't recall this being a rant. I was just stating the facts and updating with progress. If you take it as a rant, so be it.

I would want to know if anyone had any kind of issue with any service before I spent my time and money. I support BBB and the open style of online reseller ratings. I will always review parts, labor, and services whether they are good or bad. I don't believe that if a company makes amends, the problem shouldn't be disclosed to the community. Good business doesn't always mean perfect business. Which is why I am allowing SPC to fix the problem and not just take it from them and have another shop do the repair.

Last edited by SiliconTek; Aug 23, 2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kracka
There is nothing wrong at all about posting up a truthful review that will be updated as progress is made. He is allowing them to correct the issue but is expressing frustration in their mismanagement of time. The internet nutswinging gets old, it's nice to see someone finally speak the truth rather than the typical:

OMG +1
so-and-so FTW!
etc.
I agree, all I am saying is before he bad mouths a company potentially ruining their reputation, maybe he should get the whole story. Yes SPF isn't a sponsor, but they are a local small business. I would rather support a local business than send parts off to have work done.
Why didn't you pipe up when he slammed Cobb who is a sponsor? All I am saying is don't burn bridges, I would have thought he would have been more careful, considering he had to go back and censor all of his posts in the Cobb thread.

Last edited by krisiun; Aug 23, 2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:12 PM

Not to pile on, but powder coating the barbed hose nipples is a fail. The barbs are rounded over by the coating and won't hold the hose on under pressure.
BTW, areas to be masked off on a part are generally the responsibility of the customer, not the plater/coater.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:20 PM

Cobb is an EvoM sponsor while SPC is not and has no direct ties to the local Evo community.
That has no bearing on the post you quoted. There are multiple local companies that aren't sponsors on EVOM that contribute to the Evo community. It doesn't make a difference, they are here providing a service and trying to be reputable shops, your buddy comes on here, blasts them and then after he gets his way, changes his posts. The bad part is multiple NTEC people have already seen it.
I have had bad experiences in the past, but the companies have done what is right and fixed it. I can understand if Cobb had said screw you, fix it your damn self, but they didn't. SPC is doing the same thing. All I can say is that if I was PTP and knew he was coming with wheels, I would continue to do awesome work, but have a bottle of KY as well because he is going to try and F U in the end.
I have yet to hear him say a good thing about a shop in person or on the forums.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

I agree, all I am saying is before he bad mouths a company potentially ruining their reputation, maybe he should get the whole story. Yes SPF isn't a sponsor, but they are a local small business. I would rather support a local business than send parts off to have work done.
Why didn't you pipe up when he slammed Cobb who is a sponsor? All I am saying is don't burn bridges, I would have thought he would have been more careful, considering he had to go back and censor all of his posts in the Cobb thread.
I do agree with supporting locals and I'm all for finding local businesses that do great work. The problem is, sometimes that can be tricky (NTEC shirts for example). I am sure once the coating is fixed and back in Jose's hands he'll be posting up pictures and completing this thread. This isn't about bashing anyone, it's about getting the truth out there which isn't always 100% positive. As for the Cobb thread, I was out of town on vacation that week and was online little more than to check my email. By the time I was back in town and caught up on the forums that thread had been cleaned up with edited posts.

Originally Posted by EvImVictim
Not to pile on, but powder coating the barbed hose nipples is a fail. The barbs are rounded over by the coating and won't hold the hose on under pressure.
BTW, areas to be masked off on a part are generally the responsibility of the customer, not the plater/coater.
I had my entire MBC coated and it's holding just fine.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

That has no bearing on the post you quoted. There are multiple local companies that aren't sponsors on EVOM that contribute to the Evo community. It doesn't make a difference, they are here providing a service and trying to be reputable shops, your buddy comes on here, blasts them and then after he gets his way, changes his posts. The bad part is multiple NTEC people have already seen it.
I have had bad experiences in the past, but the companies have done what is right and fixed it. I can understand if Cobb had said screw you, fix it your damn self, but they didn't. SPC is doing the same thing. All I can say is that if I was PTP and knew he was coming with wheels, I would continue to do awesome work, but have a bottle of KY as well because he is going to try and F U in the end.
I have yet to hear him say a good thing about a shop in person or on the forums.
I don't get the problem here. Jose made amends with Cobb where both he and they were satisfied with the outcome, why do you continue to bring that up? What is your problem with this thread? As far as I can tell there has been no bashing in this thread, he said the coater screwed up, admitted fault, and offered to fix it. Maybe I am nuts, but that sounds truthful to me and I can fully understand why he is irritated about it! No company is perfect, but it's how they deal with that unhappy customer that is important. SPC seems to be doing a decent job of that thus far which has been made clear already. Again though, these problems could have been avoided had they properly managed time and not waited until the last minute to complete the work which is the other point this thread is trying to get across.

I think your comments toward PTP are completely uncalled for. That is a decision that they as a business need to make in private. If they feel they can't perform a level of work up to his standards then they should discuss with him in private what they are and are not responsible for and then decide if it is a business relationship they want to pursue.

This thread has gotten ridiculous and gone completely off-topic. If anything, all it's doing is preventing other members from mentioning negative experiences in the future which is something I do not want. I want to hear truthful accounts of all transactions whether negative, positive, from sponsors, or non-sponsors. "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all" works well in kindergarten, but not in the real world when we're playing with real money.

Last edited by Kracka; Aug 23, 2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Now, lets all make up and hug...this is the internet and it's supposed to be for entertainment
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't choose to clean up my thread I was told to. Get your facts strait. I still fail to see how I am bad mouthing anyone.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, calm down. In the end I will review what I like and how I like and you can choose to railroad as you are doing. The only negative things I have said about SPC is they didn't communicate well and wasted my time. I am letting them fix it. I don't see how I am trying to F them. I paid for a service and I expect resonable results. How is it that this is F'ing them? And again you show your true colors with your derogatory comments towards other members. What I do with my money and the places I choose to go are my problem, if you don't like it don't read it.

Last edited by SiliconTek; Aug 23, 2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

I wanted that part coated. Actually SPC does a great job of masking things off. They took care of all of the masking on my valve cover.

Last edited by SiliconTek; Aug 23, 2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

I think your comments toward PTP are completely uncalled for. That is a decision that they as a business need to make in private. If they feel they can't perform a level of work up to his standards then they should discuss with him in private what they are and are not responsible for and then decide if it is a business relationship they want to pursue.
I agree. I have already spoken with PTP and they have already informed me of the risk involved in the work I am having done. I really appreciate their straightforwardness, it leaves nothing to be surprised by.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:31 PM

I never said that, please do not put words in my mouth. EvoM rules regarding negative reviews only apply to EvoM sponsors.
What is the point you were making with that statement then? I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, I'm trying to understand what you're saying.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:01 PM

I had my entire MBC coated and it's holding just fine.
And I've had too much to drink and had unprotected sex and didn't get AIDS... getting away with doing it wrong doesn't make it right.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

And I've had too much to drink and had unprotected sex and didn't get AIDS... getting away with doing it wrong doesn't make it right.
Wow. Well hey man, whatever you say! You do what works for you and I'll do what works for me. Cool? My guess is the rubber hose will tear long before it slips off though

Quick Reply: Specialized Performance Coating