Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

3.5 days...a new record?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.5 days...a new record?

Sure enough, I go from a "boring family car" to a beastly car I really wanted and, within 3.5 days, I get pulled over. I was out driving at 3-4 am Sunday morning, just putting on some miles, breakin' it in....and got nailed.

The cop was cool, though. He understood (I guess) what I meant by breaking it in and just gave me a warning. Gotta watch that needle when I'm out next time.

Good thing I didn't try the "Honestly Officer, it wasn't me....it was the car," excuse. Something tells me that wouldn't have gone over very well.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
im sure there are people who've gotten multiple tickets on the first day of owning their car lol. you might wanna invest in a radar though
Old Apr 24, 2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by kyoo
im sure there are people who've gotten multiple tickets on the first day of owning their car lol. you might wanna invest in a radar though
Yeah, I just meant a record for me. I've got my eye on a couple of....devices. None that allow speeding with reckless abandon, but that will at least cover you if you're going "a little over."
Old Apr 24, 2011, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Glad you're having fun at least LOL
Old Apr 24, 2011, 06:12 PM

ha well played sir, at least you got a warning
Old Apr 24, 2011, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Get a good radar/laser detector and ROFLMAO next time bacon sends a look your way! I am going on 6 years without a ticket, even if I get one tomorrow, it's cool, it has paid for itself 20x over!

I drive over 100mph daily, and still laugh at the fockers!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kracka
Glad you're having fun at least LOL
Absolutely. I liked my previous Ralliart from 5-6 years ago. But THIS one is just awesome.

Originally Posted by jtbell86
ha well played sir, at least you got a warning
Yep. I figure it was a combination of several factors. 1) I probably wasn't going as much over as I thought (I'm still breaking it in, so I speed up...slow down...speed up, etc.) 2) It was 4 am and the roads were practically deserted; and 3) I got a lil' brown on my nose and didn't try to make up a BS excuse.

Originally Posted by SiliconTek
Get a good radar/laser detector and ROFLMAO next time bacon sends a look your way! I am going on 6 years without a ticket, even if I get one tomorrow, it's cool, it has paid for itself 20x over!

I drive over 100mph daily, and still laugh at the fockers!
Oh. Well if you want to get "technical," I've gone 8 years with no ticket.....at least that's what my driving record says. In reality, however, it's a different story entirely. But yes....let the official radar detector/jammer hunt commence. Because in the words of the Snowman, "the Bandit is ridin' again."

Last edited by Bullett; Apr 24, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:51 PM

got pulled over during the test drive -______-
Old Apr 29, 2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by effmylife
got pulled over during the test drive -______-
You definitely win.

Though I did get stopped 2 days after I made this thread. This time I did get a ticket. (Though it's nothing my lawyer can't handle.)
Old Apr 30, 2011, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

ive had more tickets in the year and a half I've owned my evo than i've had the 12 years of driving before I bought it. Still think its the wing.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by justin81
ive had more tickets in the year and a half I've owned my evo than i've had the 12 years of driving before I bought it. Still think its the wing.
Most likely. Last time I got ticketed before this week was in...'08 or '09. Then I got pulled over one time in that period, with a warning. Now, with the Ralliart, I get pulled over twice in a week. There's definitely a connection.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

going wingless definitely cut down on how often i see cop lights behind me.... i mean, get pulled over.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

I only got 1 ticket in my '04 ralliart and 1 in my '09 ralliart. I think the wing might come off tomorrow

Last edited by justin81; Apr 30, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

I've been pretty lucky and only averaging one ticket about every 18 months. Of course I just take the defensive driving and presto -- it's gone.

As for a record, my buddy got a ticket the day he bought his WRX. It took it out to show it off to a friend and bam! Got popped pulling out of the neighborhood.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_Someday
I've been pretty lucky and only averaging one ticket about every 18 months. Of course I just take the defensive driving and presto -- it's gone.
I've never taken DD. My lawyer either gets the ticket dismissed, or he gets me deferred adjudication. (Deferred is always an option due to the effects of it being the ticket stays off my record.)

Quick Reply: 3.5 days...a new record?