Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Need advice on EVO IX Headlight & Gauges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need advice on EVO IX Headlight & Gauges

Hi Guys,
I own an evo IX, I want to replace my headlamp bulbs with xenon bulbs. Any idea if the evo IX MR xenon bulbs will fit and how much they cost?
Else any other suggestions on which replacement xenon bulbs I can get?
I also wanna install the three gauge cluster that comes in an MR in the exact same location in my IX, anyone done it and has an idea on the costs?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the bulbs should fit but i dont know about the costs...also, If I were you I wouldn't get the OEM MR gauges because they arent really accurate and unless you can read BAR on the fly they will be pretty useless..i would get different gauges llike Defi's . I have the BF amber imperials and they are nice gauges and work very well
Old Feb 21, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Before you go happy with installing the Xenon bulbs you should look into the wiring adaptors.
I think the bulbs run around 40-60$.

The adaptor keeps it from frying your wires because of all the excess watts going through for the xenon bulbs.
There was a post about this earlier.

I think the wire adaptor runs like 20$.It'll pay for itself in the long run though.

Once the Xenon's are in place though it should look sweet
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

42 designs triple gauge pod w/ stewart warner gauges that have interior color matched LED's look amazing where the radio was. A friend of mine has this setup with the radio relocated and it looks great
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

For HIDs you need a conversion kit (ballasts, ignitors, bulbs, and sometimes base adapters). HIDs (Xenons) are rateed for less watts than halogen headlights (35W vs 55+W), the ebay "Xenons" with higher wattages are simple blue-colored halogen bulbs which require higher current draws and can cause damage to your stock wiring harnesses.

HID conversions are excellent for increading your visibility and they also look great, kits can be had on this board from $250 and up. My Evo came stock with HIDs but i also converted my fog lights to HIDs (albeit, yellow) and the difference is overwhelming.

I got my kit from another member who is a distributor. I am very happy with is product, pricing, ship time and customer service...if you are interested, PM "lookslikeanevo"

As for gauges, stewart warner + 42 draft designs is a great combination like "the tox" mentioned. You should definitely search on these topics to give yourself a better idea of peoples' opinions and experiences.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks alot guys, this is really useful info