Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

World Record Breaking Meet - Location

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
World Record Breaking Meet - Location

Hey whatsup guys? My name is Mick from Pottsville PA, and many of you know me from my "Engine Build By Mick" Thread. I would like to help lead the charge to beat the World Record for an Evo meet. The record right now is set at 250, and based on the original post in the General Section, the Northeast had the most interest.

This thread is ONLY for discussing the possible location to have the meet. Please do not post up on this thread anything but ideas on where we can have 250+ Evos meet. Once we have a decent list we will vote on the location.

October is almost over and winter is around the corner so right now the plan is to have this meet in the Spring/Summer of 2009. We have plenty of time to prepare and plan. The first step is to find a location and then we can work on the date.

I really think we can make this work guys, and I know it's going to take a lot of hard work, but if we help each other out we can break a world record.

Below will be the summary of the potential event locations based on your input of this thread. I will leave it open for suggestions until DECEMBER 1, 2008, which will give us enough time to gather our thoughts on here and leave plenty time to plan before the actual event day. Each potential event location will be added to the list and I will update the summary every day.

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD BREAKING MEET LOCATIONS (As of October 25, 2008)

1. E-Town Shootout (NJ)
2. Liberty State Park (?)
3. Floyd Bennet Field (Brooklyn NY)
4. Heckshire State Park (Long Island NY)
5. Citizens Bank Park (Philly PA)
6. OCMD
7. Robert Moses State Park (Long Island NY)

Last edited by mick82907; Oct 26, 2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: update
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

has to be at a track?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
no it doesnt have to be a track. Just has to be big enough to fit 250+ evo's
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

No it does not have to be only at a track. Think of other places that would hold 250 + cars. Also keep in mind that for an event this size we will need some type of insurance because you can't just take over an area with the amount of vehicles we plan on bringing.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:24 AM
Former Sponsor

We live in Daytona Bch. it would be nice if we could get it to happen at the famous Daytona International speedway....Spring Break nationals weekend Imagine all cruising around the speedway....then heading to the beach for the famous bikini competition
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

only place i can think of is Floyd Bennett field. Its an unused airport and its open to public
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

there should be alot of places in NJ or PA that should hold that many car
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mick82907
Hey whatsup guys? My name is Mick from Pottsville PA, and many of you know me from my "Engine Build By Mick" Thread.

To keep this thread on topic, I'll have to also suggest the Daytona International Speedway...logistics for getting a meet together there should be no problem at all.

Last edited by avengerhed; Oct 22, 2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you guys haven't spoken about the most important thing. How do you plan on getting more than 250 Evo's and why would anyone drive long hours just to satisfy your request. You need to plan a reason for people doing this. For example contact Guiness world book or records, or see if there is some record that we can break. Like Biggest car meet of the same car. or something. If this can't be done because it doesn't qualify for a reason through Guiness. Then have an event that people would want to go to.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh and i would pick something in the midwest.. It's in the middle of everything. Honestly.. having DSM shootout should be enough reason. If doubt you'll get a bigger crowd than them.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
I think you guys haven't spoken about the most important thing. How do you plan on getting more than 250 Evo's and why would anyone drive long hours just to satisfy your request. You need to plan a reason for people doing this. For example contact Guiness world book or records, or see if there is some record that we can break. Like Biggest car meet of the same car. or something. If this can't be done because it doesn't qualify for a reason through Guiness. Then have an event that people would want to go to.
The intent is to break a world record and those details will be covered at a later date. I am just trying to lay the ground work. I agree with your comment above. I would like to see us get vendors for the event to sponsor awards and have a evo car show. But its hard to contact a vendor and get those details nailed down before you know of a date and location. I appreciate your thoughts, and thanks for thinking ahead
Old Oct 22, 2008, 07:07 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about Thunderbolt Raceway...its not too far away, and I'm sure they can handle a large number of Evos. But you guys should find out what the criteria is for breaking the record. I dont want to see all this planning go to waste when one rule is not met.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill

I'm pretty sure we arn't going to break a world record for the same kind of cars at a meet. I remember watching a video about a Subie meet in the UK that was done in memory of Colin McRae last year or this year, something like that. I believe they had over 1000 subies. But they were all sorts of subies, wrx's, RS's, STi's, whatever. Maybe you could get something for "just" Evo's but I don't know.

Just my .02 on that.

As far as place, I don't honestly know but I would suggest something where there is more to it than walking around the differnt cars, a track or some other venue would be nice.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Any one of the Stadiums in Philly def had adequate amount of parking for a meet this size.. We should do it there..
Old Oct 22, 2008, 08:44 AM
Account Disabled

this wont work lol people from the south want it in the south people from the north in the north etc try a regional thing maybe

Quick Reply: World Record Breaking Meet - Location