Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

With a little help.. I think this could work.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With a little help.. I think this could work.

I think cars will be turning into much more then what we think of today. I think a freestyle kind of car scene is going to pop up soon... I really really do and I want every part of it. I say this because you've all seen that new ken block video... not to mention hes on ski mountains and jumping 171 ft and doing things related from motocross to freestyle motocross but in a car... So I figured id make a suggestion.

Does anyone know of any place where maybe we could get our own little private autocross or something along those lines?

I was thinking about it today and thought there must be someone out there that knows of an open parking lot or some place where we could all just have a ton of fun in our cars. Ya know? Kind of like those guys on the forums that had a TON of fun on the salt.

There's a MASSSSIVE lot in my town that actually never even gets used anymore. Its about 200 yards long.. maybe even 300. Maybe if I talked to the owners of the lot they would let us take it for a day.....

If we had permission from the owners of the property... would this be legal? does anyone know?

Please don't flame... It's just an innocent suggestion. Something new has to start somewhere lol

This isn't a spur of the moment immature post either like i see sometimes lol... I have been thinking about it all day and I really would like to get something started. I'm going to stick with this even if I'm gonna be doing it by myself lol
Old Nov 13, 2008, 09:02 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it is legal as long as the owners give permission. Most owner, smart owners, only ask that they are waived of liability. I know i looked into doing a car show at work and they said it would be fine except we would have to waive liability. The problem is getting insurance for a private event is pretty expensive and can offset worth sometimes.

The other problem is if the owners waive liability someone has to take liability, meaning you. So you are responsible if anything happens. This is why most organized, sanctioned and insured parties/group organize these types of events.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

I'd love to have a place where we can do that also, but I doubt the owner would give permission for something like this because he's most likely going to be liable for any damages or injuries that could result from it.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

I'm going to look into this. I think the cost of insuring an event like this would be well worth of the amount of fun we could have. Even if I were to have each person chip in a little.. I'm not looking to make profit off something like this or anything... I'm just looking to have a ton of fun doing something I know I'd love doing. Hell, I think I'll put in for a giant lump of the cost and ask for just a small amount of help. lol

I'm gonna keep this thread updated even if no one is really interested lol
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

you most likely will run into liability/insurance problems, but best of luck...
Old Nov 13, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Do a hill climb, problem solved.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

If you build it, they will come....
Old Nov 13, 2008, 04:25 PM

Sounds like a pretty good idea. I'd look into the insurance and such. Make sure the owner notifies the cop that it is private property and you are going to be doing it or once they hear tires shredding, they'll come in packs; I also live in MA so I know what cops do.

I'm sure the owner would like documentation he's not liable for ANYTHING and you would be liable for any damage to his property other than tire marks.

But, all that said, I'd go for it. Ask and set up a day.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eVosmAs2006ix
If you build it, they will come....
+1
Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:03 AM

ummmm im guilty of illegaly going in to the mall parking lot at 2am an doing flatspins an crazy stufff. not a good idea though, deff would be nice to have a legal alternative.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 01:16 PM

I know in CT we already have 2 autocross organization and they pretty much just get permission from the lot owners and we all sign a waiver when we attend.

www.cartct.com if you want more info on them.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

you could just sign up with bmwcca which already has events at devens, in your town a lot during the summer time...