Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.
View Poll Results: Should we create a sub-forum for New England?
Yes
71.43%
No
28.57%
Doesn\\\'t matter either way
0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Any interest in a New England Sub-Forum?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2004, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any interest in a New England Sub-Forum?

I think the NorthEast forum is a little to wide-spread to serve the New England community fully. I hang out on NASIOC and focaljet alot and see their New England forums are pretty active doing events and g2g. I think we've got the community to do the same and a sub-forum of the North East forum particularly for New England would make it possible.

When I'm speaking of New England, I mean RI, MA, CT, NH, ME and VT.

I realize the board gods would have to approve it and make it happen, so this is just to gauge interest.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 04:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't bother. I asked them to split this forum up a week or two ago. They shot me down immediately. The mods like it the way it is and do not want to change.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

I think if we can prove what the overall interest is they might change their minds. It's worth a shot. If not there are other alternatives, I'm just trying what I think would work best for everyone first.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

I think it's a bad idea... personally, I think the guys from NJ add a lot to this forum and it would be pretty empty without them. Perhaps it only seems too big because we're all very far from the center (personally, as of Saturday, our new home will be just minutes from NH).

Anyway, we're not so active that splitting it is necessary, and if you're not too active, then there's little reason to split it as it will only decrease activity. I have a feeling I'll end up trying to keep tabs on both Northeast and New England forums if that happens. I've made too many friends in the northeast, though outside of New England to stop watching for interesting things around there.
-N
Old Mar 24, 2004, 05:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by neilscully
I have a feeling I'll end up trying to keep tabs on both Northeast and New England forums if that happen.
Exactly the problem, as I was told.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

I'm from pittsfield MA, I'm down!
Old Mar 25, 2004, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

I think it would be a great idea, yes the nj,ny,pa section adds a ton, but that is the point of starting a New England Sub Forum, I hate fishing through everything in this forum just to find NE stuff. Whats so hard about looking at 2 different forums anyways.

I also think that if we started a NE section then if would slowly gain more and more popularity with the New Englanders. I stayed away from this forum for a while because most everything was a ways away, and a New England Forum would of been perfect.

I really would like a New England Section :-)
Old Mar 25, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There should be a tri-state forum as well.........

ERIK
Old Mar 25, 2004, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

man.... New England is the northeast lol... stop crying about New Englands small population... Why fix it if its not broken.. Im with the Mods on this one

"Tha Kid"
Old Mar 25, 2004, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

I guess I didn't express my point very well, either that or a lot of folks just don't get it.

No one is crying about New England having a small population, I don't believe the population is small, what I believe is evom is not supporting the population properly and we are loosing folks who would be active members to other sites.

I'm trying to making evom better, not worse.

Thanks for your opinions even if you think it's a bad idea, but trying to insult just makes matter worse.
Old Mar 29, 2004, 06:55 PM

I would like to see it happen. Look at the NASIOC New England forum and there tends to be a group of people that converse and get together a bit more due to the fact it is based out of New England. I'm all for it. I like to read about the other areas of the country and see all the picures of what is going on but I would also like to see some more local talk and get togethers that I can participate with. I think it makes it a little bit more fun when you see pictures, meets, and people that you've met and hung out with.
Old Apr 1, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Anubis
I would like to see it happen. Look at the NASIOC New England forum and there tends to be a group of people that converse and get together a bit more due to the fact it is based out of New England. I'm all for it. I like to read about the other areas of the country and see all the picures of what is going on but I would also like to see some more local talk and get togethers that I can participate with. I think it makes it a little bit more fun when you see pictures, meets, and people that you've met and hung out with.
Yeah, that's all cool and all, but I really don't think breaking off into a New England forum is going to improve that. If you want more meets, start organizing one. Post it in the northeast and I'm sure you'll get some response. Moreover, I'll bet several people at least that show up to the meet will be from states that aren't in New England.
-N