Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Graphite Gray MR's Rare?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Graphite Gray MR's Rare?

So one of the cars I was looking at trading in my Evo for is a Viper and the salesman guy has been calling and calling saying he'll give me what I want on the MR ( his last offer to me on it was $35,500) . He "has to have it" He said he's got 3-4 people on a waiting list wanting him to look for the new MR's in graphite gray with low miles on it. He said he can't find the Graphite Grays anywhere. Is this dude on crack? Has anyone heard about the Graphite Gray MR's being so hot?
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well let me put it this way, you're probably not gonna get a better offer than $35,500 for a trade-in, so whether or not this guy is having trouble finding gray MR's doesn't change the fact that you should go for it if you really want that Viper.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 03:11 PM

Damn... a viper? If you let me ride in your Viper, you can ride in my 350z!
Old Apr 22, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

why haven't you traded it in yet?!? that's more than what I paid for my gg evo ix mr new with 7 miles on it.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

money wise its a good deal. Carwise its a different crack, weed
Old Apr 23, 2006, 12:49 AM

My car is in the shop having the frame put back to normal and everything is gutted out of it ( I took her tree huggin' as seen in a previous thread). I won't get the car back until May 10th. I'm just looking to see what's available for when I get the her back. She will have a perfectly clean title. It is by far the best trade in value compared to any other dealership I've gone to and he might even up the price he pay me for it. I only paid 35,000 for it but it's got a lot more money in mods. I wouldn't sell it for anything less then 38,000 with what she has on her now. I'm just wondering if there's any truth to what he is saying about it being hard to find an 06 graphite gray MR and if people are willing to spend alot of money on them.

Oh and thanks Flippin. We'll see!
Old Apr 23, 2006, 02:48 AM

The viper is an expensive untamed beast. I had one; besides nice straight line performance I hated it. You will regret buying it unless u need help picking up women. Z06 or 997 S are much better in every aspect.

Keep your graphite evo or sell it (nice price) and buy a newer evo. its unmatched for daily driving pleasures.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 08:24 AM

Well I definatly don't need to worry about the women factor .
My BF already has a new Z06 coming, so for me it was really between the Viper ( he really wants one) and a new C6. Thanks for your help guys! I'm guessing this dude must be on crack then. i'll see how much I can get him to buy the Evo for. If it's enough we'll go from there.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 08:28 AM

Sell, and don't look back.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zoom
My car is in the shop having the frame put back to normal and everything is gutted out of it ( I took her tree huggin' as seen in a previous thread). I won't get the car back until May 10th. I'm just looking to see what's available for when I get the her back. She will have a perfectly clean title. It is by far the best trade in value compared to any other dealership I've gone to and he might even up the price he pay me for it. I only paid 35,000 for it but it's got a lot more money in mods. I wouldn't sell it for anything less then 38,000 with what she has on her now. I'm just wondering if there's any truth to what he is saying about it being hard to find an 06 graphite gray MR and if people are willing to spend alot of money on them.

Oh and thanks Flippin. We'll see!
38K you Drunk!
Old Apr 23, 2006, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

lol, mods decrease the value of a car, not the other way around. You're better off parting out your mods and selling the MR back stock at the price the dealer is giving you. I feel sorry for the people that the dealer is going to rip off. I could easily see the guy charging them 45k or something outrageous.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, here's the answer to your question:

GG is the most common color on MRs. I don't know the numbers for 06, but in 05 when the GG color was introduced, HALF of the 1000 MRs in the US were made in GG. The other half were split between white, silver, and red. So no, the GG MR is not rare.

Also, there's no way he'd pay you 35.5k when people can buy brand new ones for less with no miles. Secondly, you saying you'd not sell it for less than 38k shows you really have no idea what you're talking about. Your car is LESS VALUABLE with mods than it is stock. People don't pay MORE than the new price for a used and abused, modded car.

LASTLY, IF THE CAR HAS A BENT FRAME IT ISN'T WORTH MUCH MORE THAN 20K!!! I can't believe you think the car is worth anywhere close to its original value if it's been wrecked to the point of bending the frame. I'm assuming the salesman doesn't know it's been nearly totalled. It will show up on CarFax, but if you don't reveal all the damage, I foresee a lawsuit.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
LASTLY, IF THE CAR HAS A BENT FRAME IT ISN'T WORTH MUCH MORE THAN 20K!!! I can't believe you think the car is worth anywhere close to its original value if it's been wrecked to the point of bending the frame. I'm assuming the salesman doesn't know it's been nearly totalled. It will show up on CarFax, but if you don't reveal all the damage, I foresee a lawsuit.
I dont believe her frame was bent. Most of the damage was on the side structure. Huge difference. Yes, I agree that her car was messed up, but it is mostly sheet metal damage. And to that note, it does'nt hurt the value to the car at all. And the carfax thing is bogus. I am so tired of hearing that. I hear that almost every day about diminished value. I hate diminished value. A lot of people believe what salesmen tell them about frame damage and all that. I am a certified body tech, and repair and replace frames every day. It doesnt hurt the value at all as long as it was fixed corectly. What hurts the value is when a car has a bad repair. The car wont be safe. I am sure that the shop zoom is having fix her car is doing a nice job. Unless it is Leifs. But that is an entirely different subject.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jaymzz
It doesnt hurt the value at all as long as it was fixed corectly.
Not sure where you get that from. You can argue all day long that it is as good as new when repaired correctly. But the value of the car is entirely based on what the buyer is willing to pay. And nearly every buyer will be willing to pay less for a car with body work than one untouched from the factory.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Wow ... only 500 made is a good number

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well, here's the answer to your question:

GG is the most common color on MRs. I don't know the numbers for 06, but in 05 when the GG color was introduced, HALF of the 1000 MRs in the US were made in GG. The other half were split between white, silver, and red. So no, the GG MR is not rare.

Also, there's no way he'd pay you 35.5k when people can buy brand new ones for less with no miles. Secondly, you saying you'd not sell it for less than 38k shows you really have no idea what you're talking about. Your car is LESS VALUABLE with mods than it is stock. People don't pay MORE than the new price for a used and abused, modded car.

Quick Reply: Graphite Gray MR's Rare?