Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Good traffic lawyer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I may or may not have deserved a ticket but there is rules for a reason...and there are correct ways about enforcing them. Pacing me from almost 3/4 of a mile away is not going to work...period Saying he had to do 110 to catch me doesn't mean squat towards how fast I was going. If he would have radared me and said hey I caught you at 108mph I would probably suck it up. But saying oh you were probably going over 100 since I had to do 110 to catch you is not the correct way about enforcing the law. Virtually he has no proper evidence to prove my speed limit other than to say I believe he was speeding. Thats why I am fighting it, because I am tired of cops giving you tickets for anything they want because they know they can and most people will just pay them. I didn't mean to come off brash but its just very flustrating to hear "just suck it up" when there is a lot at stake with this ticket.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2 fas 4 u
db sears u did a good job in removing one of the posts so i hope that helps as far as other people reading this dont waste ur time going to the courthouse looking for officers notes because they are not there. officers dont leave notes at a courthouse. the only thing u can do is stay off this thread get a lawyer and explain to him what happened and wish for the best. thats it period. u will only know what the officer is going to say when he comes to court on the day of ur hearing, period this is a traffic court issue nothing else, u cannot compare to criminal court they are different any ways best wishes. side note if u cant get a lawyer, for speeding radar or laser has to be tested for accuracy after use i believe every 48 hours or so make sure he has a non copied paper with original signature, if using his natural abilities also has to be tested for accuracy same thing original signature non copied document and same for pacing is odometer has to be tested for accuracy same thing original non copied. hope this helps. he has to bring these things to court with him, when he presents them u have to make sure what i told u is correct if not the judge will not say anything. dont forget u have to point that out.
You can ask for a copy of the Police report which includes any notes or information he has against you. If the officer did not file a report, your ticket is dropped instantly in court as the Judge has no written record to speak for the officer. Typically you have to give a written request to the court clerk before your appearance.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears87
Well I plan on getting a Lawyer but how exactly do you sobpoena the officer. I really want to get a copy of the report too just to see what he said.
You simply give a written request to the court clerk before your court date requesting the officer to appear against said infraction. Same as requesting his police report.

Forget these haters and 'fess up and pay the man' attitude. I've been thru the court systems probably 75 times since I got my driver's license. Police lie, judges don't care. The 'system' is a broken institute that I would rather give $200 - $300 to a lawyer than $100 to a corrupted political system.

I've personally seen police reports against me with full blatant lies, and judges throw the book at me because of 'past infractions' regardless if I was in the right or wrong time and time again. Hell, I've been pulled over on a Honda Spree scooter and the sherriff tell me, "It looked like you were trying to out run me" On a scooter with a top speed of 28 MPH in a 30 MPH zone... go figure...
Old Nov 1, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

^^Thanks man thats what I was trying to get across. Our judicial system in whack and I would rather pay a laywer $300 anyday over our courts. I am talking to some lawyers tommorow...wish me luck
Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do appreciate what Greg K is saying. People like him make the system apathetic for people like me.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

I hate to bring this back, but any good wreckless attorneys you guys have had good luck with lately? Let me know asap please..

Last edited by importjake00; Aug 29, 2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 05:32 PM
Former Sponsor

didn't your last one do a good job?
Old Aug 29, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

My buddy got a wreckless and used Jeannie Mucklestone and got it dropped. I'd usually recommend Andrew Phipps for a moving violation but I've never had a wreckless and don't know if he is the correct call or not.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
My buddy got a wreckless and used Jeannie Mucklestone and got it dropped. I'd usually recommend Andrew Phipps for a moving violation but I've never had a wreckless and don't know if he is the correct call or not.
Mucklestone is 3K, thats why I am not using her or her brother this time around (used her for my neg 2 last time).
Old Aug 30, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Got it - I wondered if that was the issue. Well Phipps # is 425 688 0787, but I don't know if he does this or what his rates are. His record with me is 100% for speeding tickets and his rates are a little less than Jeannie's in that regard, so hopefully there is a savings up top, too.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks brotha.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

My pleasure - I just hope you get it fixed.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

BTW - I was bored and read back through this moldy-oldy thread. What happened with your ticket, Derek?

I also have to say that "taking responsibility for your actions" (as one poster put it) would literally mean turning yourself in everytime you crossed the speed limit, didn't come to a complete stop, pushed it through a light when in a hurry (maybe you hit red, maybe you hit yellow), etc. Breaking the law doesn't only occur when you are given a ticket.

Hopefully it went well for you, Derek!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Haha well I hired a lawyer which I can't recall the name of. He was terrible and couldn't barely remember my case and charged me $500. I had a deferral and the judge let me use it. So I basically got the ticket deferred with virtually no help from the lawyer (maybe his presence helped who knows). I went a year without a ticket and it went away. Their was a scare in that one year time period but I had good luck on that.

Other than that I don't do as many stupid things like that. I will admit now after the fact doing 150+ on the highway was stupid but at 1am by myself the only person I am going to hurt is me (since the cop obviously couldn't keep up )

For the "do gooders" they can honestly go pound sand. I don't drive it slow and more often than not play around quite a a bit. But their are places you have to know where and when to play around. Thats just the criteria of owning a car like this. If you can honestly own a 400+hp car and drive it the speed limit all the time I really don't know what the point would be. An evo is really not that enjoyable of car to drive unless it's going fast...atleast to me.

GL on your case Jake. Sounds like it might be serious...your area is a haven for cops. Get a good lawyer I guess and do alot of research on similiar cases. It has helped me in my "court" troubles.

Last edited by dbsears; Aug 30, 2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks man, and yeah its pretty serious. But, I made the mistake and will take care of it and hope to god it gets dropped at least to a neg 2.

I'll keep it updated.

Quick Reply: Good traffic lawyer