Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Good traffic lawyer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good traffic lawyer?

Well to make a long story short I got a ticket last night...and it was fairly big Me and my buddy went out to log my car just to make sure the tune is doing good since I added a different downpipe. Anyways we did a 4th gear log then I let off and cruised the speed limit then got on it a little more and then traveled the speed limit for about a mile when I slowly seen lights coming up from behind (atleast 3/4 mile behind) and I got pulled over by an undercover. He said he was doing 110mph and wasn't catching me which is BS. Because I only speed up for a short amount of time then cruised the speed limit in the slow lane. Anyways I got a ticket for 100mph in a 60mph and he said he paced me...WTF. There were no other cars around me for about 3/4 of mile and it was midnight and I dont believe he was nowhere near close enough to pace me. I need to find a lawyer that can get this dropped or do something about this. I cant afford this ticket on my record any way whatsoever. Please help me out guys...who knows an awesome traffic lawyer

Last edited by dbsears; Oct 26, 2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you admit to anything?
Old Oct 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

I will go ahead and make my point. If you did not admit to him that you were speeding, not even in the slightest and he did not radar you the cop has no case. He has the burden of proving you were speeding. He can do this several ways. 1. You admitted to speeding. 2. He had you on radar. 3. Camara 4. He paced you.
Now I know he said he paced you but he did it incorrectly. In order for him to properly pace you he has to have you in his sights, with in a certain distance, and for a certain amount of time. Which you say that he could not of done. You will have to ask him the questions in court, so you ask him questions that will prove that he could of not properly paced you. But if you already admitted that you were speeding at all you have no case and will need a lawyer. Good luck
Old Oct 26, 2007, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I just got hit with a $248 last week (which I am fighting).

We have a list of good traffic lawyers at work...it just depends on how much you want to pay (most on the list average around $200-$300 but have pretty good records).

one of the favourites at work:

http://www.mucklestone.com/

I am using this guy: http://www.obrienlawfirm.net/team_hopkins.html

Ring 'em up and see if they work where you got the ticket....at the very least they can refer you to someone local who they know.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't admit to speeding. He asked me a couple times how fast I was going and I just said I dont know. I barely even talked to him at all. Just asked how he came to the conclusion that I was speeding. It took him almost 30min to give me a ticket.

BTW this is in Kitsap county just to let everyone know and I appreciate everyones help
Old Oct 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears87
I didn't admit to speeding. He asked me a couple times how fast I was going and I just said I dont know. I barely even talked to him at all. Just asked how he came to the conclusion that I was speeding. It took him almost 30min to give me a ticket.

BTW this is in Kitsap county just to let everyone know and I appreciate everyones help
Yeah that's the correct thing to do. For mine there wasn't too much questionning...just took the license came back with the ticket. I was pissed because I was just on the way home from a really crappy week of work and wasn't even doing anything.

Now if he caught me tuning in 3rd, I still would fight it...but at least I would feel then he would have been justified .

Last edited by codgi; Oct 26, 2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Well I feel bad but I do believe the way he went about it was bogus...it could have been worse I just dont think he could prove anything so he just stuck me at what he guesses to be 100mph.

Last edited by dbsears; Oct 26, 2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 09:59 PM

I would give him a call he has helped me in the past and a few of my friends. http://www.aduiandspeedingticketattorney.com/
Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:25 PM

dbsears listen and listen carefully stay off of this internet period. do u really believe that only non cops read these post. do u really believe that nobody would see ur post that has nothing to do with ur situation.. i read ur post and u admit in writing that u was wrong u admit to speeding. i have an evo , and anybody with and evo knows the speed that u do when u are in 4th gear. if u want advice be very general and dont admit to anything especially on this internet. i hope that where u are from in ur sig is not the area that this incident happened, get a lawyer and i wish u luck. if this cop paced u since i dont know the area is it possible he might have lost sight of u for a minute if so it can get dismissed, u have to be in there sight at all times, lets sum this up u admit to speeding, u admit to what time it happened, u admit to where it happened hwy 3 at midnight, no cars there fore how can he lose sight if u are the only one on the rode. and u admit to what gear u were in, and u admit to what county if happened in. good luck get a lawyer .
Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't admitted to anything...I said I did a 4th gear log I never said what MPH I went to. I asked for help locally too...hence the reason why I posted this in the NW section

Last edited by dbsears; Oct 26, 2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

What you are saying about him not pacing you correctly is correct. When I got my major ticket last December, my attorney said that him saying what speed he got to in an attempt to catch you isn't pacing. Your attorney will most likely subpoena the officer, and he will also subpoena your friend as a witness in your case. I'd go to the courthouse later this week, and request the written officer's report so you'll have it when you go see your attorney.

Good luck. Man I hate cops. LOL
Old Oct 27, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks thats a good idea. So I can go to the courthouse and get a copy of the police report? I am very curious to know what he wrote down. I used to have respect for cops but it has dwindled away.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

^^ did you also write down what happened immediately after? You should incase it takes a while to get this into court and you start to forget exactly what happened.

If you get a good lawyer, the first thing they do is get the id off the ticket and ask the police for the officer's report.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Also if you didn't know...

You MUST subpoena the officer if you plan to contest the ticket or else it will be the officer's written word against yours in which case you will lose if your representing yourself. If you get a lawyer im sure they will take care of that... but just FYI

If the officer doesn't show then you can ask the judge to dismiss your case because the officer didn't appear to defend his own traffic ticket.

<--- 101 in a 60

officer said the same thing... I didn't catch up to you till I hit over 100mph... I politely said "sir if you were going over 100mph to catch me that means you were traveling faster than me... how fast was I going when you were pacing me?" He replied with "it took me getting up to 100mph before I caught up with you so that's what I am writing you a ticket for"

<--- never been to court, didn't know washington laws; but I contested anyway... Judge cut the fine in half and I ended up paying $300 bucks anyway.. . better than the $1067 it was going to be (negligent driving 2nd degree + no proof of insurance - ins. dismissed once I showed proof in court)
Old Oct 27, 2007, 06:34 PM

db sears u did a good job in removing one of the posts so i hope that helps as far as other people reading this dont waste ur time going to the courthouse looking for officers notes because they are not there. officers dont leave notes at a courthouse. the only thing u can do is stay off this thread get a lawyer and explain to him what happened and wish for the best. thats it period. u will only know what the officer is going to say when he comes to court on the day of ur hearing, period this is a traffic court issue nothing else, u cannot compare to criminal court they are different any ways best wishes. side note if u cant get a lawyer, for speeding radar or laser has to be tested for accuracy after use i believe every 48 hours or so make sure he has a non copied paper with original signature, if using his natural abilities also has to be tested for accuracy same thing original signature non copied document and same for pacing is odometer has to be tested for accuracy same thing original non copied. hope this helps. he has to bring these things to court with him, when he presents them u have to make sure what i told u is correct if not the judge will not say anything. dont forget u have to point that out.

Quick Reply: Good traffic lawyer