Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Bike riders...

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bike riders...

Well I decided I am going to pick up a bike in the mean time while I search for the perfect evo. I want a sports bike.. GSXR, R1, R6.. (only bike names I know LOL)..ect. It is going to be my first bike, so I dont want to spend over 4-5k on it. I dont mind if its used, as long as it looks good. So my question is, which bike should I go for, and what year, to match the price (or lower) that I want to spend.

While I was cruising in this nice *** wheather today, I saw dozens of bike riders, and there could be nothing better than cruising in this wonderful wheather!

Thanks guys
Old May 15, 2008, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

First bike would look for used Gsxr-750 not to small and not to big...........600 you will grow out of fast.............and wish you got something bigger...............or do what i did just buy big and wont want to sell in 2 months for something bigger
Old May 15, 2008, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude dont get something like any of the bikes you mentioned. For someone who hasnt owned a street bike before you should look for a bike with less power and i bike that you wont be too pissed if and when you drop it or lay it down. You need a beginer bike.
Old May 15, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mistaken
Dude dont get something like any of the bikes you mentioned. For someone who hasnt owned a street bike before you should look for a bike with less power and i bike that you wont be too pissed if and when you drop it or lay it down. You need a beginer bike.
No no my friend. I have drove every one of the bikes I mentioned. I just have never owned one. I have already went through driving school, and am going to advanced at the end of the month, so im not to worried about tthat aspect, but thanks for your concern
Old May 15, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GSX-R 750 +1 great starter bike!! prices very on year and condition but should be able to find one. the reason its a good bike is becuase its just about the right size for any rider, its not super tall and have an insane amount of power. if you get a 600 you will end up regretting it later well at least if you like going fast=) goodluck!!! and ride safe.
Old May 15, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OtownEvo
First bike would look for used Gsxr-750 not to small and not to big...........600 you will grow out of fast.............and wish you got something bigger...............or do what i did just buy big and wont want to sell in 2 months for something bigger
Thanks bud
Old May 15, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alloutDSM
GSX-R 750 +1 great starter bike!! prices very on year and condition but should be able to find one. the reason its a good bike is becuase its just about the right size for any rider, its not super tall and have an insane amount of power. if you get a 600 you will end up regretting it later well at least if you like going fast=) goodluck!!! and ride safe.
That is the only thing im worried about, is the size. I am 6'5" over 300 pounds, but I carry it well so no one would guess. But When I rode on my friends bike i fit just fine, but it was over a year ago!
Old May 15, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

oops i just noticed this is in the NW section, i made it in the gen. now. So mod please delete this!
Old May 15, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

I've owned 2 bikes a 05r6 and now a 07r1, I would stick to a 600cc bike.. you wont outgrow the bike as most people on the road today never bring their bikes to the limit much like the cars half of the people on this forum own..

If you are a experienced rider I would think about getting a bike over a 600cc but if your still pretty new to the whole thing I would stick with something around that ballpark as it will last you at least a few summer's before you feel you've "Grown out of it" just my .02 from my experience.
Old May 15, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

you will never out grow a 600. Trust me I own one...... and if you would like you can buy it for 7,500 and it will do 165 mph.......... if you can rail coners at 3 time the speed limit and ride the F out of it go for a liter bike. But you will never out ride a 600 in the turns on a liter bike.
Old May 15, 2008, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

I have been riding bikes since i was 12 years old....no not the Huffy ....but i think since you are a first time rider, go with something that you can learn on and wont hurt the pocket when you make dumb rookie mistakes and drop the bike. I recommend a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. It looks great, it fast and its a great bike. The cost out the door is $3900. The platform been around forever and there are thousands of mods you can do to make is stupid fast. Its also great on gas milage....60mpg!?! After you get done with it, keep it or give it to you wife or g/f and then get a 600. Most people don't even use the full potential of a 600. But if you want to get the 600 and dont care about spending a bit more money, get a CBR 600RR or Kawasaki ZX-6R. I dont care too much for the Gixxer since i have owned about 2 of them in the past, i am kind a sick of it but still a great bike. The Yamaha R6 is also a great bike but way over priced and its a handfull to ride in the street since it all top end. Make a good decision and ride safe.
Old May 15, 2008, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by importjake00
Well I decided I am going to pick up a bike in the mean time while I search for the perfect evo. I want a sports bike.. GSXR, R1, R6.. (only bike names I know LOL)..ect. It is going to be my first bike, so I dont want to spend over 4-5k on it. I dont mind if its used, as long as it looks good. So my question is, which bike should I go for, and what year, to match the price (or lower) that I want to spend.

While I was cruising in this nice *** wheather today, I saw dozens of bike riders, and there could be nothing better than cruising in this wonderful wheather!

Thanks guys
get a used Ducati Monster 800. hooligan bikes much more fun AND cheaper on insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 15, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

a used ninja 500 is a good beater bike also as well as the old honda interceptors. a used triumph 595 wouldn't be bad either.
Old May 15, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

I love Ducati or Aprilla... but im think im going get yahama R6 or Suzuki GSX-R 600... ethier...

then someday 1000cc on Aprilla or Ducati
Old May 15, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^baller alert. Didn't you say you wanted a big boat? What about that Duramax to haul it with. Thought you said you were buying HTA35R and coilovers too. Aren't you starting your own business too. Where you getting all your money...hustlin? I want in