Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Help me pick out a new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me pick out a new exhaust

Recently I've just got another ticket for Modified Exhaust. I have the Espelir JGT-500 exhaust.

I'm basically looking for a quieter, stock looking exhaust that is just as free flowing as my Espelir right now.

I've done some searching on the forums already, But I want to see what quiet, stock looking exhaust evo owners in Washington have.

I can't afford more exhaust tickets lol

And if someone happens to have an exhaust that fits that criteria for sell, I'll be more than happy to take that off your hands
Old Jun 6, 2009, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Where did you get ticketed?

Where did you get ticketed? What agency got you?
Old Jun 7, 2009, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NWEvoViii
Recently I've just got another ticket for Modified Exhaust. I have the Espelir JGT-500 exhaust.

I'm basically looking for a quieter, stock looking exhaust that is just as free flowing as my Espelir right now.

I've done some searching on the forums already, But I want to see what quiet, stock looking exhaust evo owners in Washington have.

I can't afford more exhaust tickets lol

And if someone happens to have an exhaust that fits that criteria for sell, I'll be more than happy to take that off your hands
just do a qtp style downpipe with a stock exhaust..... when you see a cop flip a switch and quiet it goes......
Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoCop
Where did you get ticketed? What agency got you?
I got the ticket in Olympia and I'm not exactly too sure on what you mean by agency, But I got pulled over by the Washington State Patrol if that's what you mean.

Originally Posted by xturdfergusonx
just do a qtp style downpipe with a stock exhaust..... when you see a cop flip a switch and quiet it goes......
I'm trying to just switch out my catback exhaust and I've seen to misplaced my stock muffler lol. Also, I didn't see the cop, I just pulled on the freeway and got pulled over in less than a minute jumping on the on ramp. That's a good idea though.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Werid.. I never got pulled over in olympia and many among WSP.. Snice im Deaf and Yes i know how loud is my Exhaust...
Old Jun 8, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

I have a stock TBE I could sell for cheap, if interested. I just took pictures and will post them up later.

*edit - hanahi, didn't you get pulled over and let the cop know you were deaf and then he let you go once he realized you were? Thought that was Olympia for some reason.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

You should get a ETS 3.5" Exhaust.

Probably one of the most quite exhaust I have heard..
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
I have a stock TBE I could sell for cheap, if interested. I just took pictures and will post them up later.

*edit - hanahi, didn't you get pulled over and let the cop know you were deaf and then he let you go once he realized you were? Thought that was Olympia for some reason.

Not really.. i dont play deaf card at first.. till i try to talk them and they asked me if im deaf.. then i say yes.. or Night time is wrost.. beacuse Cops always use lightflash spot on my face and hard to see cop talkin or readlip..

Today i went work in morning.. there WSP behid me all way freeway and i keep my RPM at 4000pm at 4 gear between 60 to 65mph.. haha.. he didnt pulled me over for loud exhaust..., by way i use DC sport Downpipe/test pipe combo and TRUST TI catback... Straight exhaust.. yummmy
by way i got pulled over on saturday 3am for speeding 80 in 60 in 405 belleuve area.. lol.. He let me go warning
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
Not really.. i dont play deaf card at first.. till i try to talk them and they asked me if im deaf.. then i say yes.. or Night time is wrost.. beacuse Cops always use lightflash spot on my face and hard to see cop talkin or readlip..

Today i went work in morning.. there WSP behid me all way freeway and i keep my RPM at 4000pm at 4 gear between 60 to 65mph.. haha.. he didnt pulled me over for loud exhaust..., by way i use DC sport Downpipe/test pipe combo and TRUST TI catback... Straight exhaust.. yummmy
by way i got pulled over on saturday 3am for speeding 80 in 60 in 405 belleuve area.. lol.. He let me go warning
I call bullsh*t. Who would ****ing do that? Are you trying to get pulled over?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Regional sections dont count towards you're fifty
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

80 in a 60 and he warned you? WTF?! I think I have gotten all of 2 warnings in my life compared to the baker's dozen or so of tickets (thankfully they are all either old and have dropped off or were fought/won).

*edit - btw, I finally got pics up OP, if you are interested in a stock, low miles TBE or anything else: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...ums-parts.html
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that

First of all Hana, you better stay out of Eastern WA with that set-up as a deaf card aint gonna help you over here. Unfortunately the way the law reads currently if you have an exhaust (ANY exhaust) that in the officer's opinion is modified or too loud they can cite you. It's always gonna be the luck of the draw. I have currently been cited for modified exhaust 3 times here in Tri-Cities area (eastern washington) and have gotten the two I have fought dismissed. I urge any and all to contact Senator Jerome Delvin with your concerns on this matter as in 2006 the law was changed removing the 95dB limit. I have contacted him personally and he's aware of out plight so pelt him w/ emails, etc. I also urge all to contact SEMA about the bogus exhaust law here. Anyways, enough soapbox. BTW, I currently run a custom Kaizenspeed 3" TB w/ HKS Carbon/Ti muffler and high flow cat. Since I seem to draw so much attention from local Law Enforcement (WSP & Kennewick Police Department) I have installed a silencer and have a Sound Performance boost activated cut-out going in when I install the new HTA3586 . (As soon as Brad over at RLZ Engineering actually gets me my head for the build). If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I however would recommend whatever you choose tuck it in high and tight and don't make it too shiny or rock a large diameter tip. I know it sucks but it's something we are going to have to deal with unless we do something about it.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Get an APS exhaust. May be a little $$$, but well worth it!!!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Ever though the the apexi world sport2? very quiet exhaust.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RRE Stealth Exhaust!!!!

Quick Reply: Help me pick out a new exhaust