Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

English Racing North End Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^Im down if we finish early.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^I'd be down, except I think I'm going to try and take a Saturday spot actually. It still depends on everything I could be doing pre-tune.

On Saturday for the exhaust install, can you get to my place early? We should be able to finish it up pretty quick and then I could burn down there. The reason is there is a xxx meet I would like to try and make on Sunday, and there are some peeps that will be at the DO on Saturday I'd like to see also.

BTW - this is a catback install, right? I will go check the thread. That reminds me, I gotta get a nice set of ratcheting wrenches that would help big time under there!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

^yes, i can be at your place first thing in the morning. i dont want to get the way of what you have in plans. do you want me to bring breakfast? hahaha please pm me your address and maybe your number.

i also want to check out the meets but that will be after the tune at drift office. as i said before, i will have limited supply of canadian gas. :P but if i get a ride with someone, ill be intersted to check out the meet on saturday as well. thats also depending on the prep work for the next day's tune.

thanks dan.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
^I'd be down, except I think I'm going to try and take a Saturday spot actually. It still depends on everything I could be doing pre-tune.

On Saturday for the exhaust install, can you get to my place early? We should be able to finish it up pretty quick and then I could burn down there. The reason is there is a xxx meet I would like to try and make on Sunday, and there are some peeps that will be at the DO on Saturday I'd like to see also.

BTW - this is a catback install, right? I will go check the thread. That reminds me, I gotta get a nice set of ratcheting wrenches that would help big time under there!
If you do make sure to get a 19mm. That's what I had to use when I did mine, and it usually does NOT come in the kits you can buy. Also, if people are interested in doing installs and what not, I have a decently sized 2 car garage and a large collection of tools, ramps, jack stands, torque wrenches etc.... Also, just for the season, I went and got a 23000 BTU kerosene space heater, so no more cold nights working on cars
Old Dec 2, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Billy, Please add JoshJ to saturday/spot 8 -- EvoX

thanks
Old Dec 2, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by F0RSAKEN
If you do make sure to get a 19mm. That's what I had to use when I did mine, and it usually does NOT come in the kits you can buy. Also, if people are interested in doing installs and what not, I have a decently sized 2 car garage and a large collection of tools, ramps, jack stands, torque wrenches etc.... Also, just for the season, I went and got a 23000 BTU kerosene space heater, so no more cold nights working on cars
Where u located?
I have a single spot with heater/tools/compressor etc. you should invest in a lift and charge shop time!
I would almost pay it just to use a lift on the harder stuff. Not like rolling around on my back isnt fun or nothing!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 02:50 AM
Evolved Member

Aaron or Billy, put me down for a Saturday spot! Aaron put me down for Sunday but I'd rather take one of the later spots on Saturday!

Thanks, Andrew. Agreed on the kits, they usually go to 17mm. I want to say that is what mine took though - a 17mm. The car is on the ramp so I just gotta get under there and check.

My garage space is good with power, compressor, and tools, but I still gotta clean out the empty boxes/goodwill/dump items, and I do need a heater now that winter has hit! I was helping John from Monroe chase down a water leak inside his vehicle and it got really cold as soon as that sun dropped!

Friggin' previous owner attempted to run a wire through the firewall and drilled a hole into the driver's side wheel well! I'm not sure if that was the only area that was leaking but we patched it as best as we could and hopefully it will be good for him.

The wires behind the kick panel looked good and we ran out of time to get the tire off and check the inner well seal. My other fear is that the previous owner drilled more holes elsewhere.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

bump!

so the store i ordered my mbc effed up. i'm still waiting on the heavy spring i need for the hallman manual boost controller pro. it didnt have the heavy spring when i picked it up a couple of weeks ago. i waited until today when i asked for an update on it. they said "hallman forgot to ship it". he said eta now is wednesday, couple of days before i head down to down for the ER tune.

if this doesnt show up, where can i get the spring from?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

I would just try tuning it with the spring thats in it right now, it may work.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

^i searched. it will work but its not going to work on high boost settings.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

^how much boost you hoping to run, and can you define "high boost" per the searching? What mods will you have in time for the dyno day?
Old Dec 5, 2009, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

^im hoping to run higher boost (22? 25? depending on what ER would suggest is best).

actually, there lies another problem. when i installed the aem boost gauge, the max boost it'll read is 10-11. i tried pulling in all gears, various rpm levels. i had shane/john/miguel have a look at it when we were down last weekend. they said that i tapped to the right vacuum line. today i have time to find a boost leak. it could also be the current tune it has now from the previous owner.

as for mods, i will have megan 02 housing, dp, perrin cat, dereks epic cat back, mbc, 255 fuel pump.

here is the link:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...vy-spring.html

Last edited by josel_atr; Dec 5, 2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

^so how much are we expecting to install at my place? The less the better as I want to get to the DO!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What time is everyone planning on showing up on Saturday? I know its first come/first dynoed but I was just wondering if people will be showing up all throughout the day or what. I have to work later in the day so I was probably going to come around 12 or 1 or so. Its only 7 days away
Old Dec 5, 2009, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
^so how much are we expecting to install at my place? The less the better as I want to get to the DO!
just the tbe + 02 housing please please???? i will bring you breakfast (since its too early for a cold corona) what would you like?

i dont want to get into your way so ill get there as early and ready as i can...

Quick Reply: English Racing North End Dyno Day