Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Sea-Auto

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have personally just gone after them for some money back, letting them know exactly why I wasn't going to let them do any more work on the car.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

I bought my evo from a friggin mitsu dealer (beaverton Mitsu) used a few years back. They did all their inspections and changed all the fluids and the 30k service early on the car. I get home and realize later that the a/c doesn't work! The dealer is a good 3 hours from me one way! They played enough games with me just buying the car....

I take it to younker cause it's right down the street from me. I insist they do a full leak down on it cause it wasn't holding charge. They couldn't find a leak and charged me 250 for a recharge and leak down. Works for about a week after I install a bunch of parts voiding my warranty.

So I have no a/c still and am thinking of just taking it out all together! I haven't had it in over 2 years!

Long story short...doesn't matter what dealership you get it from, even a mitsu dealer can screw you. Regardless of what you check for, there can still be something wrong or not right with the car...take your time, have someone with you who knows something about the car (Aaron), and DONT BUY FROM RUSSIANS! or mexicans for that matter- lol

I guess this is why used car salesmen have such crummy reputations...and the fact that they are a used car salesmen! lol
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
The difference is this dealership is trying to make sure they dont have that reputation. I dont think nationality has anything to do with it as I have been consistently screwed by "Americans" way more than anyone else I have dealt with.

Anything is buyer beware, but I think its cool they took the initiative to give the best used product that they can and called in outside resources to help guarantee that.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xceler8rob
...So I have no a/c still and am thinking of just taking it out all together! I haven't had it in over 2 years!...
Seriously? You have to think about that??? That som' batch would be ripped out and I'd be rockin' a buhdass Eric open dump!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

I have a dump and my AC works great....

Originally Posted by yahu
Seriously? You have to think about that??? That som' batch would be ripped out and I'd be rockin' a buhdass Eric open dump!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

^you mean you can do both???

what I meant was Eric has sold two that he had already built for relatively cheap, but they were for non-AC setups.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
First off the comments about the Russians are out of line.

You can't blame the dealership for not knowing what the previous owner did to your vehicle. They haven't been driving that car for the past 30k miles... they haven't put it through the abuse. It's deceitful owners trading in their Evo's with known issues for whatever unethical reason.

Ultimately YOU are responsible for making sure you're not being taken advantage of. No one else will save you. Aaron is offering HIS services to give a vehicle a clean bill of health prior to your purchase of an Evo.

He wants to do nothing but make sure your Evo owning experience goes well.

Not many people can say they've been on both sides of the coin when it comes to buying and selling vehicles... but some of your expectations of dealerships is simply unrealistic... especially for used car dealers.

Again YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND PURCHASES. you probably noticed the AS IS statement on the window.

They're going to do their best to buy vehicles that aren't broken.... the people selling them to the dealers (probably the same ones who think dealerships lie about the condition of cars) try to play dumb to the vehicles issues and dump them on a dealer. Then when an innocent customer and an innocent dealer who missed a fine detail on the inspection makes a deal... its now the dealers fault and they're terrible people and should never get any business and should be berated on Fox news.

That's not the dealers fault even though you'd love to paint them as the scape goat. Its people LIKE you (Built s13) that trade in crap vehicles to dealers only to hurt someone else down stream.

Like I said before. You're responsible for your purchase... and Aaron is there to help new Evo owners out.

And I'm really sorry... but if you guys are complaining about pad wear or clutch life... those are wear items... welcome to owning performance vehicles.

Last edited by R/TErnie; Dec 23, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

I like you man, but you are straight wrong on almost everything here, when used in the context of this thread.

Your statements are only correct when pertaining to new/used car dealers that will actually actively sell trade-ins. The dealers in question are primarily used car lots that get 90% of their cars from auction or whole-salers, and they do no safety or mechanical checks on them what so ever.

As for the statement about the Russians, no, it wasn't out of line. They do the same **** as everyone else, but one step worse. They buy wrecked cars, and repair them in their own shops, then sell them for ~85% of retail value.

They look good, and they appear fairly priced, but unless you know exactly what to look for, there is a very very good chance of getting ripped off.

I will allow that it is 100% the buyers responsibility to check the car over, but not everyone knows what to look for, and too many people have too high of expectations when it comes to purchasing things, too high of a level of trust. Until they get burned that first time, and it sours them to car salesmen.

And just IMO, you ought to stay out of these types of threads Eric, because they just degenerate into pissing contests where you tell people they don't know $hit, and how you know the real deal. This may be true, but youre discredited every time one of these threads pops....so about once every six months?

Originally Posted by R/TErnie

You can't blame the dealership for not knowing what the previous owner did to your vehicle. They haven't been driving that car for the past 30k miles... they haven't put it through the abuse. It's deceitful owners trading in their Evo's with known issues for whatever unethical reason.

Ultimately YOU are responsible for making sure you're not being taken advantage of. No one else will save you. Aaron is offering HIS services to give a vehicle a clean bill of health prior to your purchase of an Evo.

Not many people can say they've been on both sides of the coin when it comes to buying and selling vehicles... but some of your expectations of dealerships is simply unrealistic... especially for used car dealers.

Again YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND PURCHASES. you probably noticed the AS IS statement on the window.

They're going to do their best to buy vehicles that aren't broken.... the people selling them to the dealers (probably the same ones who think dealerships lie about the condition of cars) try to play dumb to the vehicles issues and dump them on a dealer. Then when an innocent customer and an innocent dealer who missed a fine detail on the inspection makes a deal... its now the dealers fault and they're terrible people and should never get any business and should be berated on Fox news.

That's not the dealers fault even though you'd love to paint them as the scape goat. Its people LIKE you (Built s13) that trade in crap vehicles to dealers only to hurt someone else down stream.

Like I said before. You're responsible for your purchase... and Aaron is there to help new Evo owners out.

And I'm really sorry... but if you guys are complaining about pad wear or clutch life... those are wear items... welcome to owning performance vehicles.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie

It's people like you that come into threads not knowing what the f*** you're talking about. One we didn't trade in a crap vehicle, 2nd owner and a flawless running vehicle that never had ANY issues EVER. So you can take that statement and shove it straight up your a**! Two they buy all their cars from dealer auctions, the best vehicles they have are the ones that honest people like me trade in for a shi* car that was never inspected. I on the other hand had a HUGE drivetrain failure which I wouldn't be suprised if the dealer drained fluid out of the trans themself. 9 days after buying a car the trans locks up and has ZERO fluid, putting me and my gf lives in danger!? Yeahhhh people like me... That's why I work for an honest business that would never tell a customer let alone one that just spent thousands of dollars to go f*** themselfs and hang up on them.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:01 PM

If you buy a used evo make sure get the carfax and get the warranty. I bought my evo8 at detroit autoworks back in 07 it had low miles some mods carfax came clean so i bought it. The first couple months were great with the car. stored in my garage for the summer since im a alaskan fisherman came back 4 months later found out pads were gone calipers toast $1680 brembos and to make matters worse transfercase was toast. Jose at Korum I had my back the whole way fighting national warranty in oregon long story short new brembos, and new transfercase. Only put less than 3000 miles on the car!!!!
Old Dec 23, 2010, 05:29 PM

I dont have a dog in this fight so to speak, except that I did buy my 9 at Sea Auto,, after looking at quite a few evo's they seemed to have the best one for sale.

Anyways my previous car was a 2007 BMW Z4 M coupe, that I bought brand new, " in Oregon", As I began to make friends in the CCA, I met a older gentlemen who traded in his z3 M coupe for a "brand new" Z4 coupe at a local BMW dealership.

After he took delivery of his new $55k M coupe, he thought some of the paint looked off, so he took it to Haury's on Lake City for an inspection. They came back and said, yup this car has been wrecked and repainted. This isn't a internet folklore story, I know the owner personally, and that **** really happened. They sold him a new car that had been wrecked, need less to say, he called them on it, and they traded him out for another one they had.

Moral of the story is buyer beware, and dont buy a used Interlargos Blue 07 M coupe.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

so i'm curious as to how they classify this car is "unmolested" when it clearly has been.

http://clients.automanager.com/01165...521d5e79c50554

Last edited by iseedipp; Dec 23, 2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

That car has been though some S*** I seen that car in the back of the lot AFTER we bought out evo8. They told me it wasn't running right and the whole front end was off the car. They wouldn't let me go back and look at it either. My guess is that its been hit in the front and they were just lying about it not running right. Funny how they wouldn't let me look at it even tho I said I was interested in that color evo for myself.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry about your drivetrain issue man. But maybe you just got one of the bad ones. You really can't put off a dealership as bad or untrusting when it doesn't appear to happen to every car that comes out of there.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RoninVIIIRS
Sorry about your drivetrain issue man. But maybe you just got one of the bad ones. You really can't put off a dealership as bad or untrusting when it doesn't appear to happen to every car that comes out of there.
It's not soo much who's fault it was but more or less how they handled the situation. I was hung up on twice, treated us like they didn't just make profit off us. To top it off we could have been seriously hurt. It's like me buying a used turbo from someone not knowing its blown, not installing it but then selling it to you as a good turbo and you install it and find out its blown and I tell you to go f*** yourself because its not my fault as I bought the turbo used as well. x 100 tho because this is a $20,000 car.

Quick Reply: Sea-Auto