Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

One heck of a New Years suprise (and a lil' story about myself)...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nothere
thanks for improving the gene pool. good people should have children.
Thanks alot for the compliment. I agree, there's some people out there that shouldnt have kids.

Originally Posted by sexktten
I was just going to post this!! Congrats.

Just an fyi for all the guys out there pregnancy tests can register false positives alot. For better results she should be takin first thing in the morning when she wakes up.
Yeah, thats why we followed up the next day early in the morning. The first two were taken at night, the next two early in the day. She is showing alot of symptoms of pregnancy, so were positive we've got one in the oven. She's battling symptoms as well as a flu Im just now getting over that she caught. I feel bad.

Thanks alot for the compliments and support guys!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

congrats to you sir. Its always good to see someone who really want kids and has the values to raise them right. best of luck to you an your soon to be bride.

side note, get that baby seat! looks bada$$ and better safe than sorry! enjoy
Old Jan 8, 2011, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i feel like you should contact tlc

make a pretty good show

congrats!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats, Derek! I couldn't be happier for you and your fiance! Sounds like 2011 is a great year for you two! From what I know of you, you will be a great dad! It is the most rewarding, and also one of the most trying things in the world!

That Recaro seat is expensive, but I'd be more than happy to chip in. BTW - just cause you're a parent doesn't mean you can't partay! This parent of 3 got home at ~630A on new year's day. Thankfully my parents had the kids.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
thanks for the invite.. i will be there... lol congrats man..
Old Jan 9, 2011, 02:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! And welcome to the club! I'm glad that you are taking the negative of your father/son relationship and turning it into a positive by doing your best to be there for your future child.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats on the new coming!! I basically have the same relation with my father and I promised that I would be alot better then he ever could be when I'm ready to settle down! But again congrats!
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
Congrats, Derek! I couldn't be happier for you and your fiance! Sounds like 2011 is a great year for you two! From what I know of you, you will be a great dad! It is the most rewarding, and also one of the most trying things in the world!

That Recaro seat is expensive, but I'd be more than happy to chip in. BTW - just cause you're a parent doesn't mean you can't partay! This parent of 3 got home at ~630A on new year's day. Thankfully my parents had the kids.
Sounds good! Lets have an EvoM dads/expecting dads party night out!

Thanks alot of the kind words everyone. Im suprised that some people have had similar issues with their dad. I wasnt expecting that much response regarding it. Looks like dead-beat-dad-ism is a spreading disease.

Last edited by D Grade; Jan 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats Man!!! As a father of Four (three boys, one girl) I can tell you that having an EVO & Kids is a TON of fun! So don't be thinkin that you need to dump the pavement eater. Just go with it.

Scott
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

baby mod: +10mph (HOV lane)

Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
You got home the next day, this prooooves beyond a shadow of a doubt that parents cant "partay".
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Congrats & BEST OF LUCK! I am a father of an 11 1/2 year old daughter and she's the best thing that could have ever happened to me! She goes to my car club events & car shows and knows all about Evos! (Hates subies! Lol)

Kids will change your life! Take alot of photos and spends lots of time with them! They will grow-up so fast! Be a POSITIVE force in their life! When my daughter was born, my wife took-off about two months off of work, then I took about three months off of work. It was great! It really helps with 'bonding'...

Make sure your future wife is on the right vitamins and diet! Again, BEST of luck! You are in for a REAL ride!!

PS: Keep the EVO!!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats man! You are going to make me cry...

Mikey
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:36 AM

CONGRATS !!!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by D Grade
Thanks alot for the compliment. I agree, there's some people out there that shouldnt have kids.

Yeah, thats why we followed up the next day early in the morning. The first two were taken at night, the next two early in the day. She is showing alot of symptoms of pregnancy, so were positive we've got one in the oven. She's battling symptoms as well as a flu Im just now getting over that she caught. I feel bad.

Thanks alot for the compliments and support guys!
Prego and the flu... you might want to stop by Costco and pick up some flowers Congrats.

Quick Reply: One heck of a New Years suprise (and a lil' story about myself)...