Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Got pulled over - no front plate

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey i have the brand new oem holder including the bracket. ill sell it to you :P

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-mount-bc.html
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

ive been pulled over numerous times for this too...i keep my plate on the side of my drivers seat and i keep a couple zip ties in my glovebox so whenever i get pulled over i tell the cop i jus had my front bumper off the other day and hadnt had a chance to put the plate back on but if he would like i can get out and zip tie it to my grill...almost every time they tell me to just do it once i get home but this one time the officer actually asked me to do it so i did and then a couple miles down the road i pulled over and cut it back off
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Check your regestration I'll bet he wrote something on it to identify you the next time you get stopped. It will be his intials and todays date or something so that if he stops you again he will know that he has already stopped you before and you will get a ticket then!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03Evo8DTC
unless ur registration is changed, which you can have that done. Take it to your local state patrol office they will inspect it and without holesin the bumper they will change to no front plate needed. its a long process but worth it if you dont wanna screw up the bumper or mess with the OEM holder thats 80$
I tried that and they told me a front plate can still be attached. Basically there can't be any place to mount a front plate on the front bumper of the vehicle. There is plenty of room to attach, ie drill holes, in the front of the Evo bumper. Sux.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
I tried that and they told me a front plate can still be attached. Basically there can't be any place to mount a front plate on the front bumper of the vehicle. There is plenty of room to attach, ie drill holes, in the front of the Evo bumper. Sux.
Yea I kinda figured they would insist that it can be attached. In my case I already have a hole in the front bumper so they would definitely tell me there is no excuse.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

I think I have one or two of the plate holders lying around. They were in the trunk of both of my Evos when I purchased them and I am pretty sure I held on to them. Not positive though, would have to look.

I have received a no front plate ticket before and went to the judge who still upheld it. It is a gamble. I have a carbon lower lip, and when I have been pulled over for it since then; I tell them I just replaced the lip (it's unpainted) and that is where it is mounted, and I have ordered the kit from Mitsu. That usually suffices.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Ive had my front plate off for over two years and driven past and with hundreds of cops and only been hassled by one cop about the front plate. It was a Mountlake Terrace cop and he just wanted to hassle me about anything he could. He also gave me grief about my exhaust saying that he couldn't hear himself think and how he couldn't carry on a normal conversation....I thought to ask him then how come we were able to talk, but figured that would rile the **** feathers... In the end he told me to fix it or he would give me a ticket next time. I guess I'll run that chance.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:24 AM

i got a ticket for not having one on my integra while i was parked for $40 so i paid it...later i got pulled over for no front plate and it was over $100. sent in a letter asking if they could down grade the ticket from traffic to non-traffic and also that my bumper was going to get fixed in a couple days and that i would make sure they drill holes for a plate and it got dismissed. couple months ago i got pulled over for not having one on my IX for over $100 and i sent in a letter sayin the same thing and they down graded it to $40.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

It just sucks because they notice you don't have a front plate then they're like oh yea you have modified exhaust too huh, ya what else isn't legal on this car bla bla. Meanwhile, while your being harassed, someone else is actually committing a crime..
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Meanwhile, while your being harassed, someone else is actually committing a crime..
This is so true. They should make having no front plate a secondary offense so they can't pull people over for it so they can spend their time stopping real criminals.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Just pay the fine if it ever comes to that. In my mind I'd put it in the same expense category as modifications....well worth it!

I've been driving since 16 in OR with no front plate so almost 13 years now (whoa...) and yet to pay the fine. If I end up spending $90 for the ticket it's been worth all these years of having a clean looking front and unobstructed FMIC in aftermarket bumpers of years past. The judge told me the next time I show up with that ticket in court I'll be paying the fine, so that saves me the trip there for the next one

Tom
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by savagejay1
This is so true. They should make having no front plate a secondary offense so they can't pull people over for it so they can spend their time stopping real criminals.
Unfortunately though it works as it gives them a reason to pull people over and most often they find something else that IS worth the stop. i.e. about 50% of driver's in the state of Washington don't carry valid insurance while operating a motor vehicle. Most cops are using it to look for something else, but if you're really polite about it and have a good excuse they let you go. I know a few officers and they have told me that's the biggest reason they use it, to find something else. Perhaps you have drugs in your car, etc.

I agree though that even though it is a hassle, it makes the car look much better not having it up there.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

There is one cop in Bothell that especially loves to do this....A couple years ago he pulled me over 3 times in 2 weeks! Gave me a warning the first time then the second time I told him you haven't given me enough time, I've been waiting for the bracket. Third time he said "oh you again, alright you better get that taken care of now"
Old Feb 23, 2011, 06:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
$80?!? How about no... I just bought my OEM Evo 8 holder from Russell at Mitsubishiparts.net with all of the items needed for less than $50! Just go to Russell and get the OEM piece. Nothing looks better and you don't have to drill the bumper on an 8 to install it.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aznfballer79
There is one cop in Bothell that especially loves to do this....A couple years ago he pulled me over 3 times in 2 weeks! Gave me a warning the first time then the second time I told him you haven't given me enough time, I've been waiting for the bracket. Third time he said "oh you again, alright you better get that taken care of now"
Lol dang.. good excuse though, I wouldn't have been able to think of that in time

Quick Reply: Got pulled over - no front plate