Notices
Other Cars - For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Use this Forum to post your WTB/WTS threads for cars other than Lancer/Evolution and motorcycles as well. All the usual Marketplace rules apply here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 1997 Supra Turbo 6 speed Targa White 16k original miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The only issue I know of is a lot of Supra owners disconnect the mileage reading. It happens more often then you think and my buddy bought a "Low Milage" Supra that had this issue. I am not saying that this is the case but a known about scumbag move in the Supra community to boost sales ratings. At 16K everything should be original, even the tires.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like the ad says everything is original. (minus fluids)

tires are not because they tend to rot and get flat spots after 13 years.

thanks for throwing doubt on my sale. i would like you to show proof of this being rampant in the supra community before you continue to cast doubt on my sale and my integrity.

VIN is provided to verify all facts.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for the cleanest Supra I've ever seen.

If I had $50k, and was in the market for a Supra, this would be it.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
The only issue I know of is a lot of Supra owners disconnect the mileage reading. It happens more often then you think and my buddy bought a "Low Milage" Supra that had this issue. I am not saying that this is the case but a known about scumbag move in the Supra community to boost sales ratings. At 16K everything should be original, even the tires.
Personally I haven't heard anything about Supra guys doing that. A search on Supraforums didn't show anything of that nature, and if "a lot of Supra owners disconnect the mileage reading" as you stated; I'm sure something would be posted about it.

I would think the clean seat bolsters, condition of the original paint, and the cleanliness of the engine bay would show that this is a low mileage car.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 6-speed
Personally I haven't heard anything about Supra guys doing that. A search on Supraforums didn't show anything of that nature, and if "a lot of Supra owners disconnect the mileage reading" as you stated; I'm sure something would be posted about it.

I would think the clean seat bolsters, condition of the original paint, and the cleanliness of the engine bay would show that this is a low mileage car.
Agreed, must be a bunch of tri state scumbags pulling this **** then.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

A clean, original, bone stock Supra,.......I thought these were extinct! Mad props on a super clean Supra!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
How much was this car brand new?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xRoguex
How much was this car brand new?

They started in the 30's and hit the High 40's but don't forget that this was 1998 Money.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:18 PM

if I had 50k I'd be afraid to buy this, afraid to ruin such a beautiful spectacular car... glws.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
They started in the 30's and hit the High 40's but don't forget that this was 1998 Money.
Right. I was just curious.

What makes a car "appreciate" in value?

Like an evo will never be worth 50K even with low miles and no mods.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xRoguex
Right. I was just curious.

What makes a car "appreciate" in value?

Like an evo will never be worth 50K even with low miles and no mods.

I believe that TFATF had something to do with it. I believe the overall quality of the Motor being able to handle 1000WHP stock and a Tranny and Rear that can ALSO handle it, classic good looks, and of course Toyota Quality. It is worth a lot as it is unmolested, an Evo will be close to that unmolested with enough time.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 04:46 AM
Evolving Member

I believe that TFATF had something to do with it. I believe the overall quality of the Motor being able to handle 1000WHP stock and a Tranny and Rear that can ALSO handle it, classic good looks, and of course Toyota Quality. It is worth a lot as it is unmolested, an Evo will be close to that unmolested with enough time.
Ok supras arent good for 1000whp on a stock bottom end as much as I love them thats not true. Most high hp stock bottom end supras are running 700-800rwhp more than that people need to modify the bottom end. Also the rear ends at 1000rwhp you can beleive have been modified normally people get the TRD diffs. Also as far as the trannys most people lately have been going automatic with upgraded internals including the torque converter.

RIght now people who are pushing about 1200 are having issues with the MT even the popular GETRAGs. People are having issues with double and tripple discs lasting long. The power isnt necassarily the issue its the rediculous ungodly torque.

However, your right about one thing supras ability to make rediculous numbers on not alot of mods is and was ahead of its time. I cant even think of a better motor in a production car that gives so much and lasts so long.

Also I highly doubt any evo will ever hold its value like a supra has. Maybe possibly the SE however thats even a far stretch.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Always wanted a supra, that thing is clean from bumper to bumper. Too bad I can't afford that GLWS

Originally Posted by Arkitek
He's not marine. that like chair force or army camos.

And that's WAYYY too much. but hey, there's always a rich sucker out there...maybe. dont be mad when people tell you the truth
OFF TOPIC: You obviously don't know crap about the Air Force, so you have no right to make a comment like that.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

i buy
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

If a clean, stock, 16K mile 6-speed Supra was available for the same price as my brand new Evo when I bought it, I would not have gotten the Evo... people need to STFU and do some research before posting, especially the negative stuff- OP, I beleive you will get around $50K like you are asking, that car is mint