Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

Buschur Racing's Project 1g, complete!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice and clean, good luck in achieving the goals you have for the car. Btw its good to see some people don't care about a little wire loom in the engine bay.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We've been busy as hell.

The car is ready to make some passes and we plan to go tonight if this rain stops.

Below is a picture of the new shift set up we put on the car, works awesome.

If you'd like to see a video of it, stop by our FB page and check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Busch..._type=bookmark
Attached Thumbnails Buschur Racing's Project 1g, complete!-safe_image.php.jpeg  
Old Dec 17, 2014, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

This car is now for sale. Pictures posted on the BR Facebook page. Here is a description:

Well.....I'm thinking about a new project and I am going to put a few things up for sale to start on the new one.

First up is our absolutely gorgeous 1991 Eagle Talon. The car has been rebuilt from the ground up. I don't think I can even list everything that's been done but I'm going to attempt it:

Completely repainted, to perfection, by Elvin Rivera. Every inch of the car was painted and the bottom side is as beautiful as the top.

The car has a high compression Buschur Racing 2.0 in it, aluminum rods. BR Stage 3 head, BF272 cams. BR header with an FP HTA86 turbo and Tial V-band .82 turbine housing. BR Race FMIC. The i/c pipes are all custom built, 2.5" stainless steel. Tial waste gate. The car has a Nytrex dry single fogger nozzle nitrous kit on it, wired into and activated/controlled by the ECU. FIC2000 cc injectors, -8 feed and return lines on the fuel side. JM fab bolt in fuel cell with BR twin in tank fuel pumps and JM Fab intake manifold. The throttle body is a BR ported 65mm EVO unit. BR built 2g trans with Kiggly adapter plate and flexplate, BR stock 2g restalled converter. The car has run a 1.31 sixty foot with no burn out on M&H 26x8.5x17" slicks. The wheels are Rota look-a-like CE28n's powder coated in white. The car has Wilwood calipers and rotors all the way around with custom Brakeman pads. The car also has power brakes with a vacuum pump for staging. The rear end is a 3000GT with a custom built subframe from Gary Reese Chassis along with the complete cage being built by Reese Chassis, it is NHRA legal but has not been inspected. The axles are custom built ridiculously strong pieces from the DSS as well as the aluminum driveshaft being from them. The transfer case is a billet 300m unit from English Racing and the transfer case has Jeff Bush's brace on it. The radiator is a half width custom Fluidyne unit we had built and the car has a B&M trans cooler on it. Shifter is a B&M also. The trans is shifted with a Forced Four shift box, push button up/down on the steering wheel. The car has Autometer gauges, tach, water temp, oil pressure and an AEM wide band gauge. The car uses an AEM Series one ECU. Suspension is Megan Racing on all four corners and Jay Racing anti-toe in bushings are also TIG welded in the rear. Gary Reese also did the custom parachute mount, cables etc. and the car has a Stroud Chute on it. Kirky Pro Drag race seat. The factory dash has been retained. The hood and hatch are fiberglass, the rest of the car is all steel and we did no cutting on any of it to lighten it, I wanted a nice car. The car has door panels and rear panels all built by Reese chassis and they are powder coated in wrinkle black. The front, door and rear quarter glass is all new OEM glass and the driver side and passenger side windows do roll up and down with the manual cranks.

I don't believe there is a more perfect 1g on the planet. The car has run a best of 9.1 at 148 mph, that was at 30 psi on a 75 shot of nitrous. Obviously the car is capable of much quicker/faster times with more boost and or a turbo swap/jet swap. The goal was not to build the quickest or fastest anything, the goal was to build a beautiful 1g that we could run at a lot of races without breaking and targeting 8.90's. We spent most of this last year just sorting the car out and now it's ready to go racing. The car has less than 15 passes on it and less than a dozen dyno pulls.

I'm asking $25,000 but am open to reasonable offers.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the car running good issue free now?

I talked to you on Facebook a few days ago, I am still considering getting this if no other clean 1g dsm's pop up soon. maybe we can workout a deal?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by V8EAT3R
Is the car running good issue free now?

I talked to you on Facebook a few days ago, I am still considering getting this if no other clean 1g dsm's pop up soon. maybe we can workout a deal?
Yes, the car is ready to run and is issue free.