Notices

Outlander Sport Mods

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snorkel I got from Mitsubishi parts dot net. It was about $85. It is about 2.5" wider then the stock snorkel. (Lancers do this and TB mod all the time). The TB was $40 on ebay( you will need about 1" longer coolant line( I used stock by just pulling more towards the TB when installing). The triple intake upgrade (intake, TB and snorkle) is a nice boost in passing power and acceleration(it's not a turbo it's an intake so maybe with the combo of all three it's 10-12hp at the fly). Strut bar was a 9g lancer eBay special. I paid $35 but even as cheap as it was it keeps the front planted in turns. No more leaning and sliding like under steer when just making slow (or fast) turns

Last edited by Asxes; Feb 16, 2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:06 PM

There is a huge difference in TB size. You reuse the black part from the factory TB. I don't take credit for the TB or intake snorkel mod as I figured if it fits a lancer then why not the outlander sport. Guess I figured it was worth a shot. Same engine. Strut bar was a $35 gamble. It works (actually works and not just looks)with no modifications necessary for it to fit.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:16 PM

I guess I never did an intro post. Been lurking forever. I've had the vehicle 5 months. Mods have been on about 2-2.5. I haven't posted since I've been TDY twice since I've got the thing and I'm just busy working. It also has Pioneer nav/head unit with the factory backup camera(ordered online and installed myself). Also has LED dome, trunk and reverse lights. Nothing fancy but its an SUV, who cares. I just wanted to clean up the looks a bit and "improve gas mileage".
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

^^ we got the same mod

Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:55 PM

Yeah. That's bound to happen. Lol. Cars have been around a long time. Lol
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:12 PM

I wish your pics worked Axses... :/ I can't see them
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My father in-law came over today and got all the shopping cart marks, door dings, and random scratches all out. He runs a mobile dint n scratch repaint for all the major dealers in our area! car looks factory amazing once again!
Attached Thumbnails Outlander Sport Mods-2013-02-16-12.09.10.jpg  
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Asxes
I guess I never did an intro post. Been lurking forever. I've had the vehicle 5 months. Mods have been on about 2-2.5. I haven't posted since I've been TDY twice since I've got the thing and I'm just busy working. It also has Pioneer nav/head unit with the factory backup camera(ordered online and installed myself). Also has LED dome, trunk and reverse lights. Nothing fancy but its an SUV, who cares. I just wanted to clean up the looks a bit and "improve gas mileage".

well its good to have you in here, and like minded people on the forum.
Thanks so much for the info on the TB and snorkel I will have to check that out. Like you, I have taken a few shots in the dark at the mods just because the motors are the same, luckily they have panned out so far.
The tails look great as well I am not a fan of amber fronts, sides, or rear at all. I changed the front drive lights out to 13 panel LED's and love them! The side markers are next and I plan to tint them as well, the white stands out way to much on the dark blue paint.
I also ordered some dress up stuff for the engine bay I will post up later.

Thanks again for the info!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

what year, make, and model did you get your 4G69 Tb out of and was it the 2.4 Liter rally art Tb? I have read a bunch of people trying different models just wanted to know which one works best with our application. Was the swap hard to do or did everything go pretty smoothly?
Thanks again!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:58 PM

The TB was from a 2.4 eclipse. Combination of the TB and the intake gives the engine a bit of a rumbling growl which gives the impression of a actually sporty outlander but even with the increased throttle response and slight performance gains, its still slow. lol. I still like the modest Hp increase and the sound(it's more aurally pleasing then the factory choke box. You have to swap the black box out with the factory one. It's a few allen screws and then a direct swap. There's info on it in the Lancer section. Surprised no one had done any similar mods. It's the exact same engine. TB, Snorkel, Intake, Header(slight modification to mounting hanger), Strut bar, Pulley and the Ecu tune are Lancer mods that work with our cars. Same engine just bigger body(for the most part)

Last edited by Asxes; Feb 16, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:25 PM

So no TB on eBay but I heard the for sale section sometimes have them. Out of all the mods the TB and intake was what interested me. The car with CVT is sluggish to say the least. The combo added a bit more off the line and it actually adds the little bit more these things needed to pass a car and not just make a lot of noise trying. The best mods so far are the LED park lights, stubby antenna, blacked front emblem, de badged back, red tails, black rear bumper trim(faux diffuser look) and the red rear reflectors painted. Sensing a trend? I think it's slow, might as well look good. Best part is getting 35 mpg going back and forth to Syracuse. $4.00 a gallon is crazy.
Attached Thumbnails Outlander Sport Mods-image.jpg  

Last edited by Asxes; Feb 16, 2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:51 PM

You can see the size difference of snorkels. The inlet is twice the size as factory(not pictured). The TB is split( black piece to the right is what goes on the 4g69.) you can see the black plate on both snorkels. The plate is simply lifted off both strut towers prior to installing the strut bar.
Attached Thumbnails Outlander Sport Mods-image.jpg  

Last edited by Asxes; Feb 16, 2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:53 PM

LED with HID's

Last edited by Asxes; Feb 16, 2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

hey asxes you mentioned eariler that the strut bar from an evo 9? would fit in our cars without modifications? just want to clarify
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by fluxcapacitor
hey asxes you mentioned eariler that the strut bar from an evo 9? would fit in our cars without modifications? just want to clarify
The strut bar is for the 2008 up Lancer. Not a Evo or RA. It's just a universal type bar(tuning pro). Nothing fancy but it did stiffen up the front quite a bit. It will do. It's no Cusco but it's an SUV so its not going autocross.

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport Mods