Notices

2014 Outlander Sport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:04 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Outlander Sport

Am I the only one who didn't know about this?!

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport: What's Changed?
  • Most significant changes: All models get improved sound insulation, while audio and tech features, as well as interior materials, are upgraded on different trim levels.
  • Price change: $300 increase across ES and SE trims
  • On sale: This week
  • Which should you buy, 2013 or 2014? Upgrades to tech and comfort come at a nominal cost, making the 2014 the better value.

Updates last year to Mitsubishi's best-selling model, the Outlander Sport, emphasized what was on the outside as well as under the hood. For 2014 the five-passenger crossover sports new tech and interior touches.

A new audio head unit comes on the ES trim level, while all models get a redesigned steering wheel with audio controls, and the SE trim gets HD Radio. A new engine balancer shaft is standard on all models with a continuously variable transmission, while all models receive improved sound insulation materials. New tech features include a 6.1-inch touch-screen with a backup camera on the SE trim; and a new navigation system with a 7-inch touch-screen, voice command, 3D mapping, point-of-interest info and real-time traffic with the SE Touring Package. The SE Touring Package also includes new black-leather seating.

In addition, the new SE Premium Package features a 710-watt Rockford Fosgate premium sound system with nine speakers, including a 10-inch subwoofer. The package also boasts a new power adjustable driver seat and an auto-dimming rearview mirror. In addition, the new LED Daytime Running Lamps Package bundles LED running lights with special front corner extensions.

The returning powertrain is a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine good for 148 horsepower, 145 pounds-feet of torque and an estimated fuel economy of 24/31 mpg city/highway on the front-wheel-drive version with a continuously variable automatic transmission. The Outlander Sport is also available with all-wheel drive, as well as with a five-speed manual transmission.

Arriving at dealerships this week, the 2014 Outlander Sport increases in price by $300 across the ES and SE trim levels, starting at $20,295 (including an $825 destination charge). The SE with all-wheel drive and a continuously variable transmission starts at $24,820, including destination.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Eng
Am I the only one who didn't know about this?!
Apparantly!

In addition, the new LED Daytime Running Lamps Package bundles LED running lights with special front corner extensions.
However, I didn't know about this..
Nice.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wonder how different the LEDs and corner extensions are from the 2013?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

just looked on mitsu's site and it lists them but they lok just like the 2013 in the pic
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe the corner extensions and LED lights were an option on 2013 Japanes RVR's. A nice touch for sure!
Old Sep 26, 2013, 01:44 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm kinda worried about the price continuing to climb, even though it is accompanied by additional options.

I feel like they are going to price it out of reach for many buyers. I bought my 2011 for $21,500 plus tax/title/licence. That was for an SE AWC.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but I don't think I'd be willing to pay an extra $3000 for it.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 01:57 PM
Account Disabled

What I really want to know is if it's any quieter! They claimed to have reduced the noise for the 2013, but it's still plenty noisy to me! Though I haven't driven any of the ones prior to 2013.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wesley Eng
What I really want to know is if it's any quieter! They claimed to have reduced the noise for the 2013, but it's still plenty noisy to me! Though I haven't driven any of the ones prior to 2013.
Why wait!?
Or, pay extra $$$ for "reduced noise"...?

I carry a box of these in the center armrest >

Simple, Easy and Effective in muffling out noises - from any source!

(UNLESS they're voices "in your head"... )
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:51 PM

New tires will help!
Old Sep 26, 2013, 07:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by XSTeknique
New tires will help!
I don't have any issues with road noise, only under acceleration.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by infected
I believe the corner extensions and LED lights were an option on 2013 Japanes RVR's. A nice touch for sure!
Mine is a US model that has the appearance package so they came with it and look just like the photo for the DRL LED accessory for the 2014 option.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Not only did I not know about this,,,, but I didn't even care.
What am I gonna do, take back the 2 month old 13 for the 14???
It's not like they dropped in a turbo or V6 option that's got a minimum of 275 HP. Heck I could make it a whole lot cooler for that $3000 spending it on my own tastes.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

WHEN Will Mitsu Learn!!!??? >

Give us Options that We want - Like Engine choices!!!

1. 2.5L Base
2. 2.0L Turbo
3. 2.5L Turbo @ $3,000 add, that's quarantee WIN!!!

Leave off all the other non-sense, like noise reduction...
Old Sep 29, 2013, 02:17 AM

Do you really want those options? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you all buy the Outlander Sport with the 2.0L 4-cylinder it has now? Even though those "dream" engines weren't available? And aren't all of you guys STILL driving it (In fact, as I recall, one member had his totaled and HE BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE!)? Out of ALL the small CUV's available in the US right now, and there are too many to count, you all picked the (according to you guys) the slowest, nosiest, thirstiest one of them all? Sounds like the problem isn't Mitsubishi, at all...

And where are y'all getting this $3,000 price increase from?!?! The price of an AWC SE DID NOT jump $3,000. Burton, just because your paid $21,500 does not mean that was that models MSRP (a 2011 SE AWC started at $23,845 BTW). That reflects a $975 difference spread over 3 model years, with $300 of that total being added just this model year!

Last edited by Outie11; Sep 29, 2013 at 02:19 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 03:26 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Outie11
Do you really want those options? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you all buy the Outlander Sport with the 2.0L 4-cylinder it has now? Even though those "dream" engines weren't available? And aren't all of you guys STILL driving it (In fact, as I recall, one member had his totaled and HE BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE!)? Out of ALL the small CUV's available in the US right now, and there are too many to count, you all picked the (according to you guys) the slowest, nosiest, thirstiest one of them all? Sounds like the problem isn't Mitsubishi, at all...

And where are y'all getting this $3,000 price increase from?!?! The price of an AWC SE DID NOT jump $3,000. Burton, just because your paid $21,500 does not mean that was that models MSRP (a 2011 SE AWC started at $23,845 BTW). That reflects a $975 difference spread over 3 model years, with $300 of that total being added just this model year!
Yes, we did all pick this car, and no one in this thread is complaining about THEIR model. What we're saying is that although overall the Outlander Sport is a good car, a better range of power train offerings would be nice. Bottom line is the car was slow when they built it, slow when we bought it, and still slow today. Why would ignore that? The model is selling well, but honestly if I wrecked mine today I would not even go test drive a new Outlander Sport with a 2.0L. It was what I wanted at the time, and yes, I'm happy with it, but the competition has upped their game and is stuck on stupid. It's pathetic. They have better engines, yet they are only offering the bottom of the barrel in the OS.

I'm sorry I didn't look up what the MSRP was in 2011 . When shopping for mine every dealer I went to was right around $22k, so perhaps there were some incentives or something.

Anyways, I'm glad you like your car. As I said, I like mine as well, but I stand by my opinion. is foolish in not offering a better engine in this model. Just because those of us in this thread liked the OS better than the competition, doesn't mean that we are 100% satisfied with every single aspect of it.

Quick Reply: 2014 Outlander Sport