Notices

outlander sport factory radio sub install

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by rjruiz8
Landshark. It is ridiculous. I agree. But it is a fact. disconnect the battery and it looses power so when you connect it again, you will get warning messages. Know by experience. Take it to the dealer if you dont want the hassle. But expect to drop your pants at the register. If not. Keep what you have.
i'm lucky in the fact that my dealer is 2 miles away, but i expect that's not the case for a lot of people. why the hell would they design it that way? i can't imagine they would charge you to reset the airbag warning light. if that's the case, they are gonna have a very loud angry customer in there at some point ....
Old May 23, 2015, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the picture and info I need to be able to utilize both left and right speaker channels so I maybe stuck doing it behind head unit. Also, quick fix for disconnecting your battery there is a little memory/battery backup that you can plug into cigarette lighter plug or you can use a jump pack that has a battery backup feature on it. This way you will never lose power and avoid those pesky airbag lights.
Old May 23, 2015, 02:50 PM

Here is a link for base model w/of amplifier

http://www.eautorepair.net/app/Graph...Fig=62&IMODE=D
Old May 23, 2015, 02:51 PM

Here is part 2 of the diagram
http://www.eautorepair.net/app/Graph...Fig=63&IMODE=D
Old May 23, 2015, 02:57 PM

Talking Everything is working

I got my sub thumping and it sounds great even with the factory head unit. I used a walmart special pioneer sub and a 400 Dual amp with the scosch enclosed they selling and used LOC and bridged the sub and it is all good to go. Also, it took a bit of work but I ran the power wire through the fire wall where the windshield washer fluid line goes to the rear its a little rubber nipper on the passenger side. Mounted the amp under passenger side seat. I couldn't be any happier with the outcome. Thanks everyone for all the help and input.
Old May 23, 2015, 08:17 PM

Old May 23, 2015, 08:18 PM

Old May 27, 2015, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jnoel0384
I got my sub thumping and it sounds great even with the factory head unit. I used a walmart special pioneer sub and a 400 Dual amp with the scosch enclosed they selling and used LOC and bridged the sub and it is all good to go. Also, it took a bit of work but I ran the power wire through the fire wall where the windshield washer fluid line goes to the rear its a little rubber nipper on the passenger side. Mounted the amp under passenger side seat. I couldn't be any happier with the outcome. Thanks everyone for all the help and input.

I want to attempt this, this weekend.

Just saw that you are from Katy? I am in west houston/ katy(parents).
Maybe ill see your car around sometime. - now that i bought my car, i see them everywhere.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

so normally you have to disconnect the battery to be safe...

so do you with this car or not?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 05:56 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I recommend disconnecting the negative anytime working with electrical on a car. If you short something, you have a chance to catch it before it spreads. I have seen multiple fuses blown from a short before, it isn't fun.

Also if you need get into the radio you need to disconnect to be safe with the SRS connection not coming undone. If that comes undone with power, it will require a reset at the factory.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

That's what i was thinking. I have always disconnected the battery (-) and when i read in the first page that you shouldn't, i was confused.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 06:49 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Nah, the only way you will screw something up is if you unplug the SRS plug with the circuit completed.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 04:46 AM

Hey guys I have a 2015 Outlander Sport (Base Model). I was wondering if I bought the correct wiring harness to install my double din. Part # 70-7005

Last question is can someone tell me the wiring diagram for my vehicle. Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
When my battery dies last summer - dead for a couple months - no airbag light came on after jump starting. So I dunno...
Old Sep 19, 2016, 06:26 PM

Yes and no

Originally Posted by rjruiz8
I was installing a sub in my 2015 OS and i got the airbag service message. Is this a dealer only fix? The only thing I did is that when I took out the head unit cover I had to unplugged the airbag warning light plug form the cover. Then I had to move the car befor it started raining an turned it on with that unplugged. Is the dealer going to charge me and ask a lot of questions. I am also worried about the warranty. Any information
Your dealer can fix it or pretty much any other shop with a obd scanner. Not a Bluetooth attachment. My attachment wouldn't clear the code but the plug in diagnostic tool at my school's auto shop had definitions for a 2012 lancer and that defonitoon ended up working on my 2015 OS clearing the codes.
Makes me wonder if AutoZone may have a device similar. They may let you clear it for free.

Be careful! Unplugging any harness under the OS passenger seat will cause a bit of headache.

Quick Reply: outlander sport factory radio sub install