Notices

Ralliart Turbo set up

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is complete and ready to ship. Jason@SSP will be getting the first one, as he commissioned the project. The second that you see pictures from him show up in this thread, we will start taking orders.

The kit comes with Powerslot front rotors (hub-centric, common part number), custom Brembo calipers (these bolt right on, no brackets or grinding), APE SS lines (custom fit), Brembo pads (this is a part that Brembo already makes), mounting bolts, shims (Brembo direct), and caliper pins/pad retainers. It fits like a glove. There is no pad overlap. The swept area has been measured down to the nearest 0.5 MM.

Again, this kit requires NO BRACKETS. This was designed from the get-go to bolt onto your car the way that it would from the factory. The hydraulic system was taken into account, and this front is perfectly matched to your OEM rear. It took years to research and develop this system, and I know that you guys will enjoy it. I almost wish that I still had an RA to give this bad-boy a try. Again, this was all for you guys. I really hope you like it!
Attached Thumbnails Ralliart Turbo set up-a01bf5d1-e4f1-4511-986d-5e6deb40dd7c-2696-0000033a37c7fa61_zpsba29fa92.jpg  
Old Oct 23, 2014, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

The Powerslots are not Evolution X sized.

Here is where we stand with the rear:

The RA and Evolution X rear hubs are IDENTICAL (as far as we know). That means that the Evolution X rear setup (lines, calipers, and everything) should bolt right on. To verify this, I put a potential Evolution X rear BBK on a RA, and the measurements were the same (dead nuts on). The next step is to actually bolt a setup on. The completion of that will likely happen this weekend. I am not personally doing it, so I have no control over whether or not it will get done in time. Either way, the Evolution X rear is the answer (95% sure). That will work with BOTH the Z06 kit and this one (the balance is perfect). If the Evolution X rear fits, you can buy this front kit and legitimately have a FULL Brembo upgrade for your car. No wonky rotors, no brackets, nothing.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Stock IX Rotors are 320mm
Stock X Rotors are 350mm

I found this too I have a set of oem 2006 brembo evolution IX rotors so I may try and see if the will work with the set up, a lot of questions to answer, but it will just be measure, test, fingers X'ed...type of ordeal... looks like the ralliart guys are finding some success the rears are direct bolt on, with the EVOX rotors and or shims/spacers with the ralliart rotors.

Last edited by TEXAS TRAVISTY; Dec 5, 2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A local shop just started offering a Supercharger system for the 4B11 engine. I saved these awhile back when they posted these on a forum, so these are their photos. I know somebody who had a turbo installed in his Lancer automatic (4B11 engine) and he was forced to remove it after experiencing overheating and unreliability. The supercharger is used with a Unichip and is supposed to be a bolt-on upgrade. I think it's expensive at $5,250, shipping not yet included.

I'm pasting their FAQ here because the forum is a closed group. The grammatical errors are theirs. >:->

Q: What's the difference between Supercharger and turbocharger? Which is better?
A: There are thousands of articles describing the difference between a turbo and supercharger so I'll just let google do the talking on this one. What I can say is that having been doing turbocharging for almost a decade on various cars, we are definitely dropping it and going with supercharging because of the following reasons:
1. Less heat. Being belt driven and not exhaust driven, superchargers run cooler, a lot cooler, by as much as 40 degrees, hence there is no need for an intercooler, unlike a turbo charger.
2. No chance of overboost. One of the worst things that can happen in a turbo system is that boost builds up and is not released, due to a busted waste gate, faulty blow off valve, etc etc which is catastrophic to the engine, and boost changes depending on environmental factors. In a supercharger system since it is belt driven, the boost is constant and is not affected by heat or any other factors. the worst that can happen is when the belt snaps, the supercharger simply provides zero boost.
3. Less piping. Since an intercooler is not needed, the piping length is half that of a turbo setup, which aids in giving better response, and no turbo lag. Less piping and connections also means less sources of leaks.
4. Dedicated oil system. One too many turbos have been destroyed by dirty or wrong engine oil, the Rotrex supercharger has it's own dedicated oil system, separate from the engine, so no cross contamination can occur.
5. Fast installation. How fast? Try 1.5 days fast, as compared to weeks for a turbo setup. Less downtime means more time you enjoy the power.

Q: Which gives better power? Turbo or supercharger?
A: Max power is not determined by which forced induction method you go with, but rather the physical power capability of the engine. In the case of the Lancer, 60-70 over stock is the maximum safe limit the stock engine and transmission can handle.

Q: Does it work for automatic cars?
A: Absolutely. In fact, the CVT is main reason why we went the supercharger route as opposed to a turbo. The CVT doesn't like a sudden surge of power when the boost of a turbo kicks in, triggering the dreaded check engine light which leads to the ECU cutting power and making the car go into limp mode. No such issues with a supercharger set up because the boost delivery is linear and gradual.

Q: Will my fuel economy suffer?
A: If you're after more power, then fuel economy shouldn't be a concern should it? Realistically, it won't be a 50% drop, more like 10% less if you floor it each and every time. Drive below 3000rpm and it will stay the same. Then again, where's the fun in that?

Q: Will it destroy my engine?
A: Kinda pointless for us to offer if does doesn't it?

Q: Do I have to change my clutch?
A: If your clutch already has serious miles like 20,000 or more, we do recommend a fresh clutch. The stock clutch can hold up to 200whp with no problems.

Q: Is this bolt on? What does that mean?
A: Bolt on means that everything installs using bolts and nuts, not cutting or welding will be done to the vehicle. Hence you can put it back to stock anytime you want.

Q: Do I really need the Unichip?
A: Yes you do.

Q: I already have your Power Package, how much will the kit cost?
A: P205,000

Q: Do I need to upgrade my exhaust?
A: Nope, the figures we achieved are on the stock exhaust system. Stock header, stock midpipe, stock muffler

Q: I already have your Power Package, can I reuse the stuff I have already bought?
A: Everything except the air intake will stay as it is. The price includes a new K&N filter, so you can sell of your old intake as a whole set.

Q: Can this be installed on a stock engine?
A: This kit is designed to be installed WITH a stock engine.

Q: Why is it more expensive than a turbo setup?
A: The Rotrex unit itself is $2295 (you can google it, I have and that's the price all over the world) which comes out to P115,000 already, shipping and taxes not included. The Unichip is P30,000, and the rest of the components to make it all works such as the oil cooler, bracket, bearings, piping, injector, bov, etc etc are another P65,000. The fuel pump and upgraded map sensor are P10,000 each

Q: Do you offer discounts?
A: Sure, you get a 50% discount with an SRP P490,000

Q: Is the price all in? No hidden charges?
A: Well, not really. Aside from the aforementioned clutch above for MT vehicles, you might need to a change of sparkplugs. A fresh oil change would be nice also. So I suggest you time if with scheduled PMS since the gastos for that has already been prepared for.

Q: Is there a warranty?
A: Yep the usual one year on parts and worksmanship.
Attached Thumbnails Ralliart Turbo set up-1618190_10152803288629860_554933763104927793_o.jpg   Ralliart Turbo set up-lancersuperchargerkit_zps69bea78d.jpg  
Old Oct 24, 2014, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
This is Fascinating!
I've never really followed the force induction scene, so this is fairly new to me.

But, I'm definitely being swayed to this supercharger setup quite a bit now..

> Simpler layout
> Linear powerband
> Dedicated lube system.

In fact, if I'm reading this right, they actually working on an Electric supercharger/alternator combo. Am I seeing this correctly? LINK >

Old Oct 25, 2014, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty cool!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Q: Do you offer discounts?
A: Sure, you get a 50% discount with an SRP P490,000

what is this?

and I wish they would just sell the supercharger, pully, belt, 3 bar MAF sensor, and the piping. I have everything else already, plus I have the deff. for the tuning also, so I don't need the Unichip programmer.

Super price over 5g's plus shipping, yikes... I can get the 3 bar MAF here in the states, and have the pipeing made just really would need the brackets, pulley, belt, and the supercharger... wounder if they would do a deal on individual parts.... might even be able to get the super charger and pulley from the U.S. and cheaper if I had a part number....
Are they the only ones fabing the brackets to fit the O.S.?

Sorry mid is racing lol.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

looks like it is a Rotex C8-8 supercharger out put 41-75hp incase anyone was wondering

http://www.bulletcars.com/files/Tech...%20V%202.0.pdf
Old Oct 26, 2014, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
looks like it is a Rotex C8-8 supercharger out put 41-75hp incase anyone was wondering

http://www.bulletcars.com/files/Tech...%20V%202.0.pdf

This may be a silly question... But, is there a way to adjust the boost on-the-fly (in realtime) with supercharger setup? For instance - if/when the CVT gets near overheating I can dial it back somewhat.

Or, better yet have it Automatically dialed back depending on CVT temperature...

Last edited by mRVRsport; Oct 26, 2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

the boost is typically adjusted by the belt that you have on it so probably not.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

an AEM digital trans. temp. gauge would be a must though so you can back off if it does heat up
Old Oct 28, 2014, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

the boost is typically adjusted by the belt that you have on it so probably not.
I see..
Well, that was the one way my layman's idea to prevent CVT melt (and still have better than stock horsepower on tap.)

Guess, it's back to the drawing board.

an AEM digital trans. temp. gauge would be a must though so you can back off if it does heat up
So, what bugs me the most is how in the world did that OTHER Japanese car company figured out how to squeeze out 211 HP from their Tiny 1.6L engine AND still get to keep their CVT from burning up!!!???

Here take a look > Nissan Juke Nismo RS specs, LINK
Old Oct 28, 2014, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

upgraded cvt belt
Old Oct 28, 2014, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Hey if anyone is interested in a BBK or Big Brake Kit for the outlander sport please go here and voice your opinion, the guy that makes the BBK for the lancers might be willing to look into making brackets for the Outlander Sport so we can run the Stock EVO Brembo Front & Rear brake Calipers and Rotors.

I picked up a full set front and rear Brembos in excellent condition with new pads for 500.00 shipped to my house, now I just need a set of brackets to retro fit the calipers to the front, the rear should be a direct bolt on with the EVOX Caliper and Rotor.

He has an 2012 outlander sport to test fit but does not want to waste his time if no one is interested at all...

please go to this thread and make you voice hear if you think you would ever in the future want to see a big brake kit for our outlander sports.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...rakes-o-s.html
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was so excited then I realized that it was photo shopped...
I have also located an Evo X intake manifold, Evo X fuel rail (rail has different serieal number than the Outlander sport), injectors, and fuel pump as well. I have already bought an EVO X throttle body to mount up for the NA set up I am going to do regardless.

I am going to install the throttle body and cams and valve springs (when I get ahold of a pair/set) out of an EVO X for sure, as soon as I can figure something out with the tuning of the vehicle. If that goes well I am thinking the next set would and should be the Ralliart Turbo set up, and if that is the case it would be hard to pass up the offer I got....
but at the same time I need the cash for the cams, valve springs, the install, and the tuning... ugh.
Oh and getting the wife on board with the project since it is my daily driver... I have done this once before on my daily drive 1998 Toyota corolla... it was fun but difficult and EVERYTHING was custom on that car...

I figure since the 4B11 motor is for most parts the same as far as bolting the exhaust manifold, intake manifold up (the real reliable parts) well this would make the install go a bit easier...

I so want to pull the trigger on this but am worried about down time of the vehicle and my work schedule, whish I still had my little putt putt s-10 daily beater to take to work for awhile...

I have stock cams, valve springs, retainers and a ralliart turbo if ur interested???

Quick Reply: Ralliart Turbo set up