Notices

New owner Outlander sport 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New owner Outlander sport 2015

Hello,
I just purchased a 2015 Outlander Sport this weekend and am looking to do some basic upgrades. Anybody know what size speakers will fit front and back door as well as the 5th and 6th tweeters? I don't want to rip the door panels of before i order some good speakers. I have done this with my last car(2011 VW Jetta) but Crutchfield does not have any data on this model car yet. Also does anyone have experience with installing a roof rack? Looking for recommendations for a good system.
Thanks,
Old Mar 4, 2015, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I installed my roof rack it was not hard but not for the faint hearted either having to hammer in 8 anchor nuts right next to that glass roof... it just took about 40 minutes to do the install and I thin it looks amazing! it is the ASX Oem roof rack and I got it from a dealer on ebay
Old Mar 12, 2015, 09:51 AM

speaker install rear doors

So I decided to go ahead and take off the rear door panels to examine the speakers. The speaker opening is in the shape of a rounded off triangle and the factory speakers are installed by a sliding pin lock. you have to rotate them about an inch and then pull them out. I purchased some pioneer 6 1/2" inch speakers to go in place. They did not fit flush in the opening due to the triangle shape. I was able to install them by drilling new holes and using some double sided padded tape to insulate against metal to metal form the door to the speaker. They are tightly mounted and i do not see them coming loose anytime soon. I'll try to post some pictures soon. I am hoping to find a better fit for the front speakers.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Here's a sneak peek of what's under the front doors >
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...ec-photos.html
Old Mar 13, 2015, 07:30 AM

front speakers

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Here's a sneak peek of what's under the front doors >
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...ec-photos.html
Thanks!! if i bought some 6.5 component speakers for the front they should fit?

Thanks again.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey i just got a 2015 in March as well i will be looking to do some aftermarket sounds later on, but for now the stocks are sounding ok. I still miss a Subwoofer though.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 06:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wowagorilla
Hello,
I just purchased a 2015 Outlander Sport this weekend and am looking to do some basic upgrades. Anybody know what size speakers will fit front and back door as well as the 5th and 6th tweeters? I don't want to rip the door panels of before i order some good speakers. I have done this with my last car(2011 VW Jetta) but Crutchfield does not have any data on this model car yet. Also does anyone have experience with installing a roof rack? Looking for recommendations for a good system.
Thanks,
OEM fixed point roof rack is nice, pretty easy to install, and is made by Thule. Instructions are straight forward. You can also pair a Thule fairing with as well.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 05:30 PM

I OWN A 15 se. It should have factory anchor points if it's a solid roof. Little black caps that slide off to reveal. I purchased the oem roof racks from eBay from a Mitsubishi dealerbin Florida for 250. Great fit and finish. They also come with locks and are the cheapest you can get at that price. The 15 fits the older models. 2011+ I believe.

Originally Posted by wowagorilla
Hello,
Thanks,
Old May 3, 2015, 08:21 AM

can you tell me which one is the positive wire and which is the negative wire for the passenger door speaker
Old May 3, 2015, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by haystack
OEM fixed point roof rack is nice, pretty easy to install, and is made by Thule. Instructions are straight forward. You can also pair a Thule fairing with as well.
Stoopid question (tm) - does that mean the rack is one 24/7? I am talking about the one that does not use roof rails. Thanks!
Old May 3, 2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Stoopid question (tm) - does that mean the rack is one 24/7? I am talking about the one that does not use roof rails. Thanks!
A fixed point rack bolts onto the top via 4 holes already made for that purpose. Then if you have the factory rails it will bolt around those. These options once you set it up once you can put on and take off in less than 10mins. The universal rack that will fit any car that doesn't have the above squeezes itself against your car. The cheaper versions don't have a lock in option to save your cars position. These can be a little sketchy. I have oem Mitsubishi for fixed point and I take them off after every use. Just 4 bolts into the frame to hold it on. And eBay has them for 250 shipped
Old May 3, 2015, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

SO these http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2014-OEM-Genuine-Mitsubishi-Outlander-Sport-ROOF-RACK-Part-MZ314504-/261862481064?hash=item3cf8385ca8 come on and off easily? I don't have the side roof rails and did not want to get them. (Too much $$)
Old May 3, 2015, 12:22 PM

That is what I have. Good for the money. Have locks on them. On in 10 mins and off in 10. If you have the fixed point roof. These will work. Has the black strip that you remove a spot and you will see the bolt down spot
Old May 3, 2015, 12:25 PM

Old May 3, 2015, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robthezombie
That is what I have. Good for the money. Have locks on them. On in 10 mins and off in 10. If you have the fixed point roof. These will work. Has the black strip that you remove a spot and you will see the bolt down spot
Perfect info! Thanks man!