Notices

Recommend a Mits Dealer in MT, ID or WA?

Old May 2, 2016, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Recommend a Mits Dealer in MT, ID or WA?

Like the title says, anyone have a good dealer in the Pacific NW? For service.
Old May 2, 2016, 07:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd offer to install the new abs unit for free for you but I'm a little more south . in Oregon . I'll try to check if the new brake modulator really needs to be programmed .
Old May 2, 2016, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Appreciate the offer Dave. Oregon is a bit of a jaunt from me. I did have an independent import service guy (likely one of the best in the province) confirm that today. The dealer only wants about 65 USD to do the program; it is the art cost that is the killer. Any info greatly appreciated. (Of course I am still hoping Mits Canada actually calls me back to say they will step up).
Old May 2, 2016, 07:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
have you done most of your servicing with the dealer ? if you have then sometimes they will ask for a goodwill replacement from Mitsubishi . looking at the part number you posted online I see it for about 1087 usd . sounds like you need to find 1 on a rental lot that you can get the parts swapped from it to yours lol. that's the way lots of people used to get new tires for there cars in Hawaii back in the early 80's lol
Old May 2, 2016, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, but the car was not originally bought there. They do not give a rat's behind. The service writer said his hands were tied, hence me contacting Mits Canada directly. I have found several reputable Mits dealers in the USA that will ship me the part - for as little as (975 US ( about $1200 CAD - compared to the over $3700 CAD with tax the Mits dealer here is offering. ) What a f'ing joke!

Any way. plan C is to go to a decent US dealer and get them to do the whole repair. My gas and a night or two in the US will cost about 500 bucks tops. I will take my mountain bike and fly rod and make it an adventure. And save a couple thousand bucks! At least.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
only one I know of in Montana is in Billings. I would not recommend them I've used the one in Spokane Washington and they seem to more than helpful.��
The following users liked this post:
CottageLifer (May 3, 2016)
Old May 3, 2016, 03:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Yeah, but the car was not originally bought there. They do not give a rat's behind. The service writer said his hands were tied, hence me contacting Mits Canada directly. I have found several reputable Mits dealers in the USA that will ship me the part - for as little as (975 US ( about $1200 CAD - compared to the over $3700 CAD with tax the Mits dealer here is offering. ) What a f'ing joke!

Any way. plan C is to go to a decent US dealer and get them to do the whole repair. My gas and a night or two in the US will cost about 500 bucks tops. I will take my mountain bike and fly rod and make it an adventure. And save a couple thousand bucks! At least.
Too bad you're that far up north..
I'd offer for you to stay at our other house (that's vacant at the moment) for the night. There's Plenty of bike trails and good fishing places here in TX.

And, on top of that the dealer I've been going to has taken care of every little thing I've ever brought my vehicle in for.

Last edited by mRVRsport; May 3, 2016 at 03:36 AM.
Old May 3, 2016, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by desmvp
only one I know of in Montana is in Billings. I would not recommend them I've used the one in Spokane Washington and they seem to more than helpful.��
Spokane is about 650 kms driving - 7 hrs which is really manageable. I might give them a call. Autonation Mits I assume?
Old May 3, 2016, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Too bad you're that far up north..
I'd offer for you to stay at our other house (that's vacant at the moment) for the night. There's Plenty of bike trails and good fishing places here in TX.

And, on top of that the dealer I've been going to has taken care of every little thing I've ever brought my vehicle in for.
I appreciate the offer, but it is a drive! LOL Funny thing is that the part I need can be had from the DFW area for the aforementioned fraction of what the Canadian dealer wants.
Old May 3, 2016, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
yeah, no problem.
Yes it would be a drive!

& DFW is a major hub for auto parts for the rest of the U.S.