Notices

Manual to Automatic AC control unit -> Outlander Sport 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manual to Automatic AC control unit -> Outlander Sport 2015

I'm a little anoyed by my manual AC control unit.
Anyone know if it's possible to change the manual heater/a.condition control unit for the automatic one?
How would this be done in the outlander sport? what parts are needed (if its doable)?
Thanks!
Old May 10, 2017, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
You would need to replace the A/C control unit (cost?) and would need to install an internal temperature sensor (cost). Please see the attached images for location and steps for installation. Both require the removal of the instrument console (image attached).

I do not see anywhere that the ETACS should be programmed to manual or automatic A/C. It is highly unlikely but remotely possible that the A/C-ECU (found under the glove box, see location in the attached image) is different for manual and automatic air conditioning. If so this would add to the cost. If not, your biggest investment is the control unit.
You need to research this and the cost associated with the replacement of the A/C control unit. I would check junk yards first to save on this item.

Should the A/C-ECU be different in the manual and automatic A/C versions you should receive DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) like B10XX. The most likely one would be B1000: Control panel communication error. This would indicate an incompatibility between the A/C-ECU and the A/C control panel.

I do not think anyone did this modification in our community, so you would be a pioneer if you decide to do so. Let us know what you learned.
Attached Thumbnails Manual to Automatic AC control unit -> Outlander Sport 2015-ac_control-unit.jpg   Manual to Automatic AC control unit -> Outlander Sport 2015-interior_temp_sensor.jpg   Manual to Automatic AC control unit -> Outlander Sport 2015-instrument_center_panel.jpg   Manual to Automatic AC control unit -> Outlander Sport 2015-ac_ecu.jpg  

Last edited by AWCAWD; May 10, 2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: UPDATE
The following users liked this post:
ASX15 (May 11, 2017)