Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
sunken you might get SWIFT lower spring.. they are better than TEIN S tech.. beacsue S tech will saggy and more weak and boucy wrost.. Swift is better and best run at tracks and etc.. so i recommod you get Swift.. talk garret..

or save for Coilover like Stance Gt+ or Tein Mono Flex or Ohlin or Moton coilover

how much do SWIFT lower springs go for?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

i would say 300ish??? but it better than Tein S tech..

handle perfect on swift. i would get it if i have budget.. but im end order tein mono flex coilover
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

lol. me and Garret is good friends.. so Ill talk garret if there an Evom or nw evom price discount if i give pomotor to you.. so or tell garret that Evo chris or deaf chris or Da king chingy sent you to garret.. he know me lol
Hahaha I will. Aww, I bought Tein S. Tech already. Got a good deal for it.

Can you explain why swift is better than tein?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Tein S tech..it dont last longer. and not popular resale, it cause Sag and unbalance something.. i dont remeber, i read some where forum people was debate about s tech springs.. but Cpoilvoer is good!..

Swift is more superiour lower spring and last longer.. most evo owner like Swift on their evo..

but are u plan to get coilover someday.. it good..
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Tein S tech..it dont last longer. and not popular resale, it cause Sag and unbalance something.. i dont remeber, i read some where forum people was debate about s tech springs.. but Cpoilvoer is good!..

Swift is more superiour lower spring and last longer.. most evo owner like Swift on their evo..

but are u plan to get coilover someday.. it good..
Ok. If I have the money I will upgrade the whole coilover that is for sure.

I will try the tein first, I don't really care about resale value thing, I got it for cheap anyway. What should I look for after installing tein to really test it's quality?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

ride u will get more boucy more road noise lol... i donno im deaf.. i guess.. but i know boucy.. but handle little better on curves... so u will love it how it feel on low... but i save alot money to get coilover n wheels.. finally it about time to buy!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by SunKren
Hahaha I will. Aww, I bought Tein S. Tech already. Got a good deal for it.

Can you explain why swift is better than tein?
Search the forums on this. The S Techs drop the car too much and over time on hard roads you can damage the struts. Also they weren't built for handling...but more show as the S (Stylish) implies.

I would say before doing anything though figure out what you are going to do with the car. If your just going to keep it as a daily driver a good set of performance springs like the Swifts or the Tanabe GF210s will be ok. Really should only get coilovers if your going to get serious with auto x/lapping days or similiar but your money so you can spend it how you want
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

^^ +
Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by codgi
Search the forums on this. The S Techs drop the car too much and over time on hard roads you can damage the struts. Also they weren't built for handling...but more show as the S (Stylish) implies.

I would say before doing anything though figure out what you are going to do with the car. If your just going to keep it as a daily driver a good set of performance springs like the Swifts or the Tanabe GF210s will be ok. Really should only get coilovers if your going to get serious with auto x/lapping days or similiar but your money so you can spend it how you want
I did actually. I went to search option and typed Tein S.Tech. Most threads really suggested that users should go for Swift or Tanabe instead of Tein.

Here are the things I am thinking about. I don't know if everyone has tried Tein before to say the quality of it. They may actually listen to "A" guy's bad experience and concluded that Tein is bad. They may fail to conclude that out of 10 items, there should be at least 1 bad product and that "A" guy happened to be the unlucky user to use that piece.

Marketing. You guys should know about marketing and gimmicks, they say this is good that is not good this is better that is poor quality just to earn more money. I don't say all vendors do this but hey we need to make some money and of course we would say our product is better than other products don't we?

Lastly, tein is japan's brand. Is tein's springs that bad, it's japan's brand and one of the leading japan's brand for handling.

Just my opinions guys, not cursing anyone or saying anything bad for someone and something.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by SunKren; Apr 15, 2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its not that they aren't technically a bad product its just the design on those springs are terrible. They lower way too much which is turn totally screws up the suspension geometry and blows the struts. The springrates are actually lower than stock and they ride like crap because you bounce off bumpstops half the time. Swifts work pretty good...I am really happy with mine. I have put a few track events/autox on them and they do quite well. I think if you stay on street tires they do real well. Still a little brake dive and a hint of body roll but its very easy to deal with. Much better than stock imo.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 02:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears87
Its not that they aren't technically a bad product its just the design on those springs are terrible. They lower way too much which is turn totally screws up the suspension geometry and blows the struts. The springrates are actually lower than stock and they ride like crap because you bounce off bumpstops half the time. Swifts work pretty good...I am really happy with mine. I have put a few track events/autox on them and they do quite well. I think if you stay on street tires they do real well. Still a little brake dive and a hint of body roll but its very easy to deal with. Much better than stock imo.
How much you bought the swift for your mr?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

swift it is!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have WORKS springs and love them!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mistaken
I have WORKS springs and love them!
is it slammed?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No its just a mild drop, looks much better over stock tho.

Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***