Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loud fart can make Cops love you and give u fat ticket for loud.. i have good excuse to cop.. ( oh **** i didnt know that was so loud! im sorry u cant blame myself deafness, lol) i did twice... he let me go warning
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^criminal hahaha.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bamboo_08
i think imma have the loudest exhaust out of everyone! YEAH!!!!!!

i dont think so alex, thats why i sold mine to you, jk
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Ramses will have the loudest exhaust! But it isn't the exhaust fumes that will be the problem, wait until freds car is on the dyno and your eyes start burning
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

meth baby!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

mmmm meth, wood alcohol, but does meth will damage motor or gaskets?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

^no
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wshihdnevo
^no
ramses i love you
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

keke
Old Apr 15, 2008, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

werd... boys u need an room? lol
Old Apr 15, 2008, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

unless someone run an open waste gate and open downpipe. I think I would be the loudest from my 38mm tial open waste gate.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I want meth...
Old Apr 15, 2008, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by SunKren
I did actually. I went to search option and typed Tein S.Tech. Most threads really suggested that users should go for Swift or Tanabe instead of Tein.

Here are the things I am thinking about. I don't know if everyone has tried Tein before to say the quality of it. They may actually listen to "A" guy's bad experience and concluded that Tein is bad. They may fail to conclude that out of 10 items, there should be at least 1 bad product and that "A" guy happened to be the unlucky user to use that piece.

Marketing. You guys should know about marketing and gimmicks, they say this is good that is not good this is better that is poor quality just to earn more money. I don't say all vendors do this but hey we need to make some money and of course we would say our product is better than other products don't we?

Lastly, tein is japan's brand. Is tein's springs that bad, it's japan's brand and one of the leading japan's brand for handling.

Just my opinions guys, not cursing anyone or saying anything bad for someone and something.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Not searching deep enough is probably all. I've been on this forum for a while and initially everyone and their granny was running those S Techs 3/4 years ago because back then thats what was cheap and there weren't much options. When the struts started blowing left, right and down the center their tunes started to change.

I run Tein coilovers (invalidates a bunch of your post above ) so its not necessarily a brand thing...but you are going to run a spring rate/ride height that was not initially manufactured for the roads in this country nor evidently properly tested with the KYBs.

YMMV though. I know of at least one local car that ran them for a long time without hurting the struts but the ride height ate through 2 lips during that time though so...

Last edited by codgi; Apr 15, 2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by codgi
Not searching deep enough is probably all. I've been on this forum for a while and initially everyone and their granny was running those S Techs 3/4 years ago because back then thats what was cheap and there weren't much options. When the struts started blowing left, right and down the center their tunes started to change.

I run Tein coilovers (invalidates a bunch of your post above ) so its not necessarily a brand thing...but you are going to run a spring rate/ride height that was not initially manufactured for the roads in this country nor evidently properly tested with the KYBs.

YMMV though. I know of at least one local car that ran them for a long time without hurting the struts but the ride height ate through 2 lips during that time though so...
Your opinion is much appreciated. Thank you.

About the dyno, yeah I am planning to go to meet other members to see NW evo hotness. =)

Anyway, I met with 2 other evos, one is owned by a Taiwanese and the other one who goes to gym @ LA Aurora. Planning to call me to join me to go to the dyno thing.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kevindanger
unless someone run an open waste gate and open downpipe. I think I would be the loudest from my 38mm tial open waste gate.
With your Greddy TI, probably you can win the contest. Yes that thing is loud and has very deep sound.

Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***