Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Pah, no one is that hardcore up here with an EVO X.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mclaren
Juluy 30th, Alki Beach @6pm. Justin started the thread this morning
Thanks man! I'll be there. I'll try and find the thread and post. My APR lip just got done over at Illtech Auto Salon. Hopefully have it back on by the time of the meet.

Originally Posted by BellyD
I had sent that to him before because I was looking at a black IX , but they were sold out. Just found others though.

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/2...nd-sound-.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/2...n-IX-1-12.html

Wow! Didn't know there was a IX as well. Someone has got to make an X.. somewhere!!

Originally Posted by jid2
Pah, no one is that hardcore up here with an EVO X.
Not speaking for everyone, but most of us with the X's, bought them for the road course and time attack events. But yea, I have to agree. I haven't seen anyone with an X that's hardcare into drag using 305's (Jeez that's wide)
Old Jul 20, 2011, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tye1

Not speaking for everyone, but most of us with the X's, bought them for the road course and time attack events. But yea, I have to agree. I haven't seen anyone with an X that's hardcare into drag using 305's (Jeez that's wide)
The 305's he's talking about are road racing tires. I haven't seen any "time attack" EVO X's at the track around here, Brad with the EVO X MR seemed to be the most active and he's selling his car now.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 07:44 AM

Yea. I tried to convince him to keep it.lol I have an entire season of SCCA under my belt myself. But that was in my old car. I've only tracked this once this year at BMP. I've been trying to get it tuned and finish off the exhaust (exhaust is now complete) and get a fmic (hopefully next month) before I hit the track again. I'm looking to get more into PGP this time around. So once it's tuned and I have an upgraded intercooler, I'll be heading to the track a lot more often. Currently working with English to figure out my tune. That's a story in itself.

Last edited by Tye1; Jul 20, 2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: .
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Question

This is out of blue but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm looking to get my timing belt replace and I'm looking for a reputable shop in the southend around Tacoma, Puyallup, Auburn area that doesn't over charge. I'm looking to get the kit off mitsubishiparts.net. If there is a better kit please let me know. Thanks for any help.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

If I'd say anyone in that area I would go with the Drift Office, but not sure how much Evo work they do. I would definitely recommend English Racing, but they are down close to Vancouver, WA and not sure if you want to go that far.

I hear it is relatively easy if you have an extra pair of hands, but I haven't done mine so I can't say out of personal experience.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bora
This is out of blue but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm looking to get my timing belt replace and I'm looking for a reputable shop in the southend around Tacoma, Puyallup, Auburn area that doesn't over charge. I'm looking to get the kit off mitsubishiparts.net. If there is a better kit please let me know. Thanks for any help.
I can get a pretty good deal on the Gates belt for our car, it wont come with the kit but maybe you can purchase that separately. I have never done a timing belt change on an evo but I have on a few other cars. I know its not the hardest thing to do...its just a good idea to take your time and make sure everything is correct as you go. I would be willing to help you do it for some Mens Room Red

I'll let you know what price I can get you a belt for...hopefully by tomorrow.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Yea I wish I could go to English just to far at the moment. I'm going to run by drift office tomorrow see their experence changing them.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mclaren
I can get a pretty good deal on the Gates belt for our car, it wont come with the kit but maybe you can purchase that separately. I have never done a timing belt change on an evo but I have on a few other cars. I know its not the hardest thing to do...its just a good idea to take your time and make sure everything is correct as you go. I would be willing to help you do it for some Mens Room Red

I'll let you know what price I can get you a belt for...hopefully by tomorrow.
I'm not sure I want to go with a gates at this point. My car is still a DD and from what I've been reading the gates are too stiff and prematurly wear out your pulleys.

Also from the DIY threads the timing belt change on evo is time comsuming and not as easy as some other cars so figured I'd have it done by a shop.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

^I have to mention your idiot proof sig. Is the mistake on purpose?

In other news - Captain America was pretty good. Could have been better, but pretty good. Also, stick around after the credits and you get to see the first Avengers trailer (which will likely be online by the time you read this).
Old Jul 22, 2011, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bora
I'm not sure I want to go with a gates at this point. My car is still a DD and from what I've been reading the gates are too stiff and prematurly wear out your pulleys.

Also from the DIY threads the timing belt change on evo is time comsuming and not as easy as some other cars so figured I'd have it done by a shop.
I changed the timing belt, etc on my GF's IX a few months back (by myself). It is time consuming, but it's not very difficult at all. Only tricky part is holding the cams at the correct angle (cause they are spring loaded) while you tighten the belt. I could also swing by and help with that part if you needed it.

I would highly recommend the Gates belts as they are better than stock and not too much more $. The belt is only as stiff as how tight you install it, and you're suppose to change 3 pulleys anyway. You can get them from Russell at Mitsu in Olympia, or get this kit from MAP.

http://www.maperformance.com/map-tim...p-tbk-evo.html

Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Bremerton Summer BrewFest - Saturday

Bremerton Summer BrewFest
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Noon – 9pm

http://www.washingtonbeer.com/essent...mmer-brewfest/

Anyone else looking for an excuse to drink beer in public? It's just a ferry ride across the sound from Seattle and stumbling distance from the ferry terminal. All the great breweries on the peninsula are supposed to make a showing.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

we need an excuse to drink beer in public?

Sigh, I miss the Vegas days when you could walk around with a fifth of your favorite wodka and nobody hastled you (except for wanting a drink).
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8Monster
I changed the timing belt, etc on my GF's IX a few months back (by myself). It is time consuming, but it's not very difficult at all. Only tricky part is holding the cams at the correct angle (cause they are spring loaded) while you tighten the belt. I could also swing by and help with that part if you needed it.

I would highly recommend the Gates belts as they are better than stock and not too much more $. The belt is only as stiff as how tight you install it, and you're suppose to change 3 pulleys anyway. You can get them from Russell at Mitsu in Olympia, or get this kit from MAP.
I really wanted to get the gates belt when I first started looking but after reading a number of posts about the belt shorting the life of the new pulleys and freying I was wondering if I really should. Maybe it is just an over tightning issue with the people posting.

I'd like to do it myself just don't have the location (live in a condo can't work on car on site), and time.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

^Yeah, it's probably just from people over tightening them.

Don't know of a shop for you, other than ER, but you said that's too far.

Sometimes there are Mod Parties, where peeps get together and help people mod their rides. Andrew (FORSAKEN) will sometimes do that, tho we all just drank last time. If someone else does this in the near future, you could probably get a bit of help at someone's house. It only takes a couple hours if it's just the belts, pulleys and water pump.

Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***