Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Current list of E85 stations in WA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yahu
Spoke to Akash and it sounds like ground breaking will be Nov or Dec, hopefully? Stupid city. Also sounds like there might be another station in Lynnwood? Install shouldn't take long he said, once the city gets out of the way!
Any more info about this station in Lynnwood? Im in edmonds and all the other stations are too far out of the way to make it worth going E85
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sohc-it07
Any more info about this station in Lynnwood? Im in edmonds and all the other stations are too far out of the way to make it worth going E85
Same here.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Hey E85 peeps, not so great of news for you today, but may you feel some honor in finally paying for your own gas without tax subsidies.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ba...ml#post9849761
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
Hey E85 peeps, not so great of news for you today, but may you feel some honor in finally paying for your own gas without tax subsidies.

Eat a Dick. No truely please do.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This will most likely mean the end of commercially available e85. Without the price break to offset its ****-poor miles-per-gallon characteristics, most people who have been using it will stop. (me included) no demand will mean stations will stop offering it.

I've already taken note of the number of torched heads and blocks due to a lean condition caused by gummed up injectors. This will just be the final coffin nail for my daily-driven e85 monster street cars.

If the price of e85 goes up by .45 per gallon -> back to 92 pump for me

John-
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

I'd still run it, but if this means stations will stop before they even start, such as Mill Creek, then I'll obviously remain out of viable options.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

I only posted the info because its something you guys should be aware of. While I am jelous of all the more-awesome-power that can be made with E85, I dont feel that my tax dollar should fill your tank.

Which is simmiliar, I would imagine, to how Eastern Washington feels about all of their tax dollars being spent to build Seattle's infastructure and freeway system.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm interesting...i had a feeling this would happen...if the price actually does jump up $0.45 then ill most likely cut back to running E85 on the weekends on for track days/events...even with the assumed $0.45 it is still wayyyyy cheaper than race gas...we'll just have to see how it goes in the coming weeks and months
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

I only posted the info because its something you guys should be aware of. While I am jelous of all the more-awesome-power that can be made with E85, I dont feel that my tax dollar should fill your tank.

Which is simmiliar, I would imagine, to how Eastern Washington feels about all of their tax dollars being spent to build Seattle's infastructure and freeway system.
My comment was more or less coming from the standpoint that it seems like you are bragging about it and trying to rub it in peoples faces with your post and thread.

So in regards to tax dollars filling someone's tank, I have to ask if you have a child?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by droppinbottom
My comment was more or less coming from the standpoint that it seems like you are bragging about it and trying to rub it in peoples faces with your post and thread.

So in regards to tax dollars filling someone's tank, I have to ask if you have a child?
^dear god no, and you can thank him for that. In fact, we should probably all pitch in some of our tax dollars as thanks for that.

...or, we can pay Andrew a 6-pack to repeatedly kick Ryan in the nutz until he believes the job is done. that'd be like killing two stones...uh, with one stone.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

^
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by droppinbottom

If you feel that having a member of the community give you important information about the pricing of fuel you use and potential impacts to your fiscal health is rude and inhospitable, then yes thats rubbing it in your face. You should make a signature to discourage people from bringing facts to light which may be counter to your delicate sensibilities.

If, however, you feel that it was beneficial to have had somebody post up important information about the fuel you use, and how it could affect your financial picture then you might say "Wow, this guy uses wit and humor to bring some important info to light, this guy is on the up-and-up"

Honestly, I couldnt care less how you feel. Please know thats not from disliking you in ANY way, shape or form (I dont even know you). It is because as many of us know, it is impossible to make everybody happy all the time. Your feelings are your own and you can have ownership of them. pat-on-the-back for you.

Originally Posted by yahu
^dear god no, and you can thank him for that. In fact, we should probably all pitch in some of our tax dollars as thanks for that.

...or, we can pay Andrew a 6-pack to repeatedly kick Ryan in the nutz until he believes the job is done. that'd be like killing two stones...uh, with one stone.
Originally Posted by Evo8Monster
^
I would also chip in to have Andrew repeatedly soak my coark with his foot to prevent any unwanted children from being in this world.

Last edited by Ryan.Kauz; Dec 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:14 PM

I could care less about .45 cents a gallon when E10 costs almost 4 dollars anyways. 45 cents is a 13% increase. That brings just over the cost of Premium. If that is what prevents you from running E85 then you are out to lunch. If it even factors into the equation, you are out to lunch. If you buy the wrong parts, try including the correct fuel injection components in your decision making.

The bad thing is that E10 etc will hold market since its legally forced upon us but E85 which is actually useful beyond destroying fuel mileage might be ruined.

Hoping Mill Creek goes through still. If E85 dies, it just shows that the whole industry is a sham and still requires federal backing to support the E10 and E15 goals of the nation. The stipulation to create more and more ethanol will actually help E85 because they have to do something with it since E15 is experiencing holdups. If they doubled ethanol production and also start importing, we will have much more then needed for E10 or E15. Just takes a little logic. Short term thinkers might not get this. AHH 45 cents, cancel the new tank, etc.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

It's pretty sad that an alternative fuel that has the potential to please "everyone" (meaning environmentalists, government, and car people) hasn't been able to catch on like it should within the fuel market...Not to mention what it has the potential to do for the American economy while also reducing the dependency on foreign oil...It just goes to show that people will really find ANYTHING to b*tch about

Anyways...I tested the Ethanol content from a tank of E85 that I filled on Dec. 23rd and it's currently @ 81.73% Ethanol...Figured I'd post that up...This was from the Snoqualmie station though...I'm planning on doing a test from the Smokey Point station this weekend sometime
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:25 AM

Also, the cost of ethanol is always going to hover around the cost of gasoline. Its not like the cost you pay at the pump is the actual production cost. Ethanol is a gasoline replacement so its cost will always stay similar. This means that if they could make a profit back when gas prices dropped to a dollar something, when gas prices go up to 4 dollars, they make big money thanks to their production costs having nothing to do with the cost of a barrel of oil. This means they probably want gas prices to be super high. Now, do you really want to be super dependent on a fuel that will cost similarly to gasoline regardless of mileage differences and the actual cost to produce? This might also mean we see people supporting measures that intend to increase gas prices (for the fake reason of preventing pollution by stopping people from driving) which ends up creating even more profits for Ethanol.
Cheap ethanol from Brazil = HUGE $$$$$ for someone thanks to the gasoline markup.

That all assumes that Ethanol is profitable at any price we have had the last 5 years. The whole point of the 45 cents was not to make it profitable, but to help their profit margins so they could afford more R&D. The cost of fuel going up has done more for Ethanol than the subsidy. Back in the 80's with sub $1 fuel, subsidies like that would be HUGE, but they sold very little ethanol back then so the total subsidy was not as much. Cellulose based Ethanol from grasses that do not inhabit farmable land is supposed to be too expensive to produce when gas is cheap but at today's market it is more reasonable. The problem is that other less humane (using up the food supply) sources will always be the accountant's choice. Nobody is putting money into making something out of a cheap resource that grows in the wild so the cost will not go down anytime soon for smarter sources of Ethanol. Farmers want to equate the value of their crops with the value of ever inflating gasoline prices and there is big money paying our government to keep that going.

Last edited by Ondonti; Dec 30, 2011 at 03:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Current list of E85 stations in WA