Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Pacific Raceways Road Coarse TNT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4G63pride
Went today it was a blast! Never been on the track it's really laid back go at your own pace You don't even need a instructor your first time out
Was this your first time at Pacific or first time on a road course?

What were the passing zones and passing rules?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Wish I still had my EVO or my STI.
Gotta sell the FJ and get back in one
Good times................
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Spool4Fun
Was this your first time at Pacific or first time on a road course?

What were the passing zones and passing rules?
First time both only have done auto cross and drag racing before . Defiantly gonna go again after dyno day
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
First time both only have done auto cross and drag racing before . Defiantly gonna go again after dyno day
And they let you out without at least verifying how you drive first? I'd think twice about any track day that allows this. You might be a great driver but there are many out there who aren't and need that initial instruction/checking up on bad habits before letting them loose on a track like PR
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:06 PM

There wasn't any fools on the track usually people are pretty cautious due to not wanting to wreck. You don't go on all at once everyone is gapped and can only pass on the straight if someone is slow.
It Was a safe experience. Definatly will go again
Old Nov 13, 2011, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

There wasn't any fools on the track usually people are pretty cautious due to not wanting to wreck. You don't go on all at once everyone is gapped and can only pass on the straight if someone is slow.
It Was a safe experience. Definatly will go again
Sounds really laid back compared to the usual club track days...Glad you had fun last weekend...I'll be out there on the 19th...Anyone have any track times?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:11 PM

OOOhhh might have to see if I can make the Dec 3rd track day... that would be fun! I should have a new FMIC and English tune by then.

Drag raced a few times and used to run dirt circle track but have never had the pleasure of doing a track day... hell, even going, watching and meeting a few of you all would be fun enough to make it worthwhile!

-Ryan
Old Nov 15, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Well sounds like I'm out for this Saturday (Nov. 19th) due to having to work that day...Pisses me off! Hopefully the weather turns out to be shi*ty so I don't have to feel so bad hahaha jkjk I'll be out there on Dec. 3rd...If anyone goes this Saturday post some video up
Old Nov 21, 2011, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry Tim, the weather was good Well, up until the last 2 hours, plus it was COLD all day, maybe mid 30's!
Here's one of my vids with Doug (4wd4me) and I. This was the first time I've have my Evo on this track, was a blast but was fighting an over boost CEL and fuel cut even on a stock map, so I'm thinking its a mechanical problem. As long as I stayed off WOT in 4th and 5th the boost would stay at 20psi (was pegging a 25 psi gauge). Definitely goin back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9e8Pp4bUa4
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Autoxevo
Sorry Tim, the weather was good Well, up until the last 2 hours, plus it was COLD all day, maybe mid 30's!
Here's one of my vids with Doug (4wd4me) and I. This was the first time I've have my Evo on this track, was a blast but was fighting an over boost CEL and fuel cut even on a stock map, so I'm thinking its a mechanical problem. As long as I stayed off WOT in 4th and 5th the boost would stay at 20psi (was pegging a 25 psi gauge). Definitely goin back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9e8Pp4bUa4
Sweet vid man! Yea those cold temps will get the boost goin good for sure! ...I'm going Dec. 3rd...You gonna be out there again?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

We'll see, need to figure out boost issue first.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
^^ probably not mechanical. The stock maps were setup with the stock car in mind. Once you mod the car enough you have to change those tables. Most folks don't run into the issue since they get tuned. The over-boosting can be solved with proper boost control in the ECU but not sure how that could affect your STU classification.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:36 PM

Anyone going tomorrow?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
not me... :/
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking about it as long as I can get off work early enough and have a chance to run up north to fill some gas cans with corn juice...If not tomorrow then I'll be going next Saturday

Quick Reply: Pacific Raceways Road Coarse TNT