Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Can't decide!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't decide!

Okay so I've been deciding on what I want to do to my evo lately and I can't decide!

I thought about upgrading my turbo but at 82k miles, I feel my car is too old to upgrade the turbo without upgrading more of the engine components.

I want to change how my car looks from the rear right now tho!

I currently have a JDM rear bumper with a Voltex rear diffuser. I have a Seibon CF trunk w/ an APR GT200 wing with s2k side plates and a 2" riser.

Should I get a Voltex wing or ditch the wing and get a CF do luck trunk?

I've been thinking about this for the past couple weeks and my friends don't help much so I turn to you guys!

I'll add pictures tomorrow, I can't find any on my computer right now and it's too dark to take a picture at the moment.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Personally not a big fan of the big wings unless tracked but I would get go fast bits ... What are your exact goals for the car?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

I have 1050cc injectors and Work 269 cams in my closet, I'd love 400whp, but not a big issue as I don't track or race, I'd just love to have the power lol

Right now, I just want to change the looks a bit, I've had the same look for the past 3-4 years. I thought about getting new rims (Advan RS's) or at least something more aggressive than my current rims.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Throw those cams in the garbage and get a set of GSC S2's and valvetrain. If your car has been religiously taken care of, dont be afraid to throw some power mods at it. 82k is still really low miles, but then again as I said, it could have been a really rough 82K at the same time. If you want 400whp, toss those injectors in and run E85 and you're pretty much there with your basic mods and a good set of cams.

As for the looks, I would go with the Do Luck trunk over the erector set wing. However Im sure both would look good.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

All show / no go. = lame
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:08 AM

All show / no go. = lame
I second that, fuXX any mods u are planning on doing, invest 200 buckaroos in a track day and learn how your car is meant to be driven or get something else.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah man. I'd ditch the wing and go do luck trunk. Do the new wheels too.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might take the wing off your hands for track days.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

If you want to make the Evo look nice and all, that's great, but something that would look aggressive would and should have the horsepower to back it up as well.

An Evo's bite should be as worse as its bark.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by D Grade
Throw those cams in the garbage and get a set of GSC S2's and valvetrain. If your car has been religiously taken care of, dont be afraid to throw some power mods at it. 82k is still really low miles, but then again as I said, it could have been a really rough 82K at the same time. If you want 400whp, toss those injectors in and run E85 and you're pretty much there with your basic mods and a good set of cams.

As for the looks, I would go with the Do Luck trunk over the erector set wing. However Im sure both would look good.
Words of a wise man. my car has 150K on it and has been making well over 500hp for quite sometime. If your gonna do cams, do it once. Not three times like some other people
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

82k is nothing compared to that one Evo with over 280k miles on it. That thing still runs like a charm. Any car will last if you take care of it.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Go before show...
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

I plan on keeping the cams since I picked those up for 100 bucks last year unless I find a good deal on another set of cams.

Current mods are ETS licp, 3" tb exhaust, epm o2 dump, ams fmic, mbc, and dc sports dp/cat delete. I've done pretty much all the bolt on stuff I can. I thought about e85 before but there's no place nearby (shoreline) to fill up so I held off on that.

I've been keeping an eye out for a turbo upgrade.

Considering my current mods, what would be a good upgrade for under 2 grand that'll get me to 400+ whp?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

Well I've been checking out my options since my last post

I'll probably go with some GSC S2's, just gotta keep an eye out for em in the FS section.

And gotta keep an eye out for an fp black/red/green evo 8 turbo kit haha
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NWEvoViii
Well I've been checking out my options since my last post

I'll probably go with some GSC S2's, just gotta keep an eye out for em in the FS section.

And gotta keep an eye out for an fp black/red/green evo 8 turbo kit haha
Definitely go with the GSC S2 and valvetrain plus a meth injection kit and SD conversion, I used a Bucshur V.2 kit and used 100% Denatured alcohol and it put me at 390 @ 27psi on pump, and with the SD conversion will probably put you close to 400awhp, oh, you'll probaby want to get some ARP headstuds if you go that route when you go over 25psi. There are different ways but I found this route the easiest without relying on E85.
Hope you find a route your looking for

Quick Reply: Can't decide!