Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

moving from ca to wa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moving from ca to wa

hello my fellow evo enthusiast, the name is steven and i will be moving from ca to seattle wa within the next couple of weeks. i've never been to wa before so i thought i chime in and introduce myself and see what's happening in the pacific northwest forum before the move and ask a couple of car related questions.

- i just passed smog, do i need to smog again once i get to wa? if so, i need some assistance (can't pass, pm me if you can help).

- what octane is the premium in wa?

- i dont' see too many e85 stations, anybody running e85? is it livable with such limited stations?

- ca is notorious for ******* cops and it's no fluff, majority of them are purest of *******s. they're just like the bullies you saw in high school, except with guns and even more power. how bad are wa cops? do i need to worry about my not-so-loud exhaust? do they profile imports?

- when it comes to my car, i try and do everything myself. but some things will require a professional's touch. what performance shop do you guys go to? is there any reputable evo shops in the wa area? nm, apparently english racing is the ****. i will visit them on my drive up to wa.

Last edited by ImEv0; Aug 19, 2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Add us at facebook. Look for Northwest Evo's and you will get more feedback and we are more active there. Welcone to pacific northwest.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Steven,

Depending where in Seattle you are going to be, E85 might not be too bad to obtain. It is rare in WA and fairly rare in OR but not impossible to find.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
stop by ER on the way up and get tuned and you'll be good-to-go for emissions
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome Steven! You will love it, and I agree stop by English Racing when you go by. Premium is 92 octane up here, much better than in Cali. You will have to register your car here 30 days after the move, not sure if you will have to re-smog? My wives A4 did not and we moved from NM which has far easier smog laws than Cali.

George
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

thanks everybody. i will be sure to stop by english racing on my way up. i hope to drive up with no problems.

thanks for the info george. i hope i dont' have to smog again.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:58 PM
Account Disabled

Or live outside seattle metro areas and thus no emissions testing .
Old Sep 29, 2014, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by ImEv0
- i just passed smog, do i need to smog again once i get to wa? if so, i need some assistance (can't pass, pm me if you can help).

Depends on the county you're living in. I'm in Thurston, no emissions for me. I know Pierce requires it, not sure about any others

- what octane is the premium in wa?

92 oct for the most part

- i dont' see too many e85 stations, anybody running e85? is it livable with such limited stations?

I don't see that many stations around, but we have it on JBLM. I'll be making the switch soon

- ca is notorious for ******* cops and it's no fluff, majority of them are purest of *******s. they're just like the bullies you saw in high school, except with guns and even more power. how bad are wa cops? do i need to worry about my not-so-loud exhaust? do they profile imports?

I've had zero issues. Got pulled once for pretending a turn by my house was the corkscrew from Laguna Seca... got let off with a warning. As long as you don't drive like an asshat, you'll be alright.

- when it comes to my car, i try and do everything myself. but some things will require a professional's touch. what performance shop do you guys go to? is there any reputable evo shops in the wa area? nm, apparently english racing is the ****. i will visit them on my drive up to wa.

Yeah bro, you answered your own question here. Both English Racing and ETS are local, and they f'n rule.