EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Cobb AccessPORT (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/cobb-accessport-340/)
-   -   Cobb AP: ?s on product, features, and various maps incl Perrin maps go here [merge] (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/cobb-accessport/401137-cobb-ap-s-product-features-various-maps-incl-perrin-maps-go-here-merge.html)

06evors Mar 25, 2009 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by dek0026 (Post 6853694)
i thought about it several times but yesterday i had a IX on my bumper. good thing i wasn't using the econo mode.

edit: after reading the thread about the blue evo that was obliterated and the driver killed (not that i drive like that), i am now inspired to try the econo map. expect results around 5pm today.

Wasn't me. Dek is your X GG? I think I saw u on Germantwn pk but was too tired/dead to the world to react.

EVOXTIMES Mar 25, 2009 09:06 AM

NEGATIVES about Cobb AP?

Hi I'm interested in purchasing a Cobb AP. Would anyone care to sound off about any negative things anyone has seen with this unit.

And with stage 1.....do you have to keep the whole car stock?

Has anybody's warranty been voided?

Has anyone had difficulty with a dealer because they suspected all was not right with the ECU?

Ive heard a lot of good things about this product. And Ive heard of a few codes being thrown. But I havent really heard anything really bad. So if anyone has something to say.....any remarks would be greatly appreciated!!

mrMTB Mar 25, 2009 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by EVOXTIMES (Post 6854272)
Hi I'm interested in purchasing a Cobb AP. Would anyone care to sound off about any negative things anyone has seen with this unit.

In this day of having EcuFlash working on the X, only the initial cost.

And with stage 1.....do you have to keep the whole car stock?

Per the notes on the stage 1 flash, stock intake system and filter and stock or cat-back exhaust.

Has anybody's warranty been voided?

Never heard of an X being denied warranty claim for having an AP installed. FWIW, most dealerships probably would not think to look, and would only notice if you took it in for an issue with one of the staged maps installed ("wow, this Evo is sure peppy!").

Ive heard a lot of good things about this product. And Ive heard of a few codes being thrown. But I havent really heard anything really bad. So if anyone has something to say.....any remarks would be greatly appreciated!!

I think the only people I've seen throwing codes with the AP installed had modifications that were outside of the parameters of the staged map. If you're planning on running things outside of the staged maps, either invest in custom tuning on the AP, or go with EcuFlash (and custom tuning).

dek0026 Mar 25, 2009 09:23 AM

no mine is ww.

the gg x is most likely catalystgod. i see him everywhere.

i have never seen a rr ix rs around ever.

dek0026 Mar 25, 2009 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by mrMTB (Post 6854328)
FWIW, most dealerships probably would not think to look, and would only notice if you took it in for an issue with one of the staged maps installed ("wow, this Evo is sure peppy!").

i highly doubt a tech would know the difference between how it feels stock versus aftermarket tune. they don't daily drive them like we do and they expect them to be fast.

goofygrin Mar 25, 2009 09:31 AM

one of the techs I like to use used to drive an Evo. However, most techs don't get on the car.

mrMTB Mar 25, 2009 09:31 AM

Good point, Dek.

You would have more to worry about by leaving on aftermarket hard parts (MBC, exhaust, intake, etc); they can't see the flash unless they have some reason specifically to read out the ECU.

Rob@cobbtuning Mar 25, 2009 09:35 AM

Here is the max readable boost level fix:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...sdm-evo-x.html

or

Get the maps here:
http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/.../EVOXMaps.html

Firmware and tuners were held up due to a couple of bug found in the world market side. We will be releasing new firmware and AccessTuner Race/Pro today! We'll keep you updated.

Thanks,
Rob

EVOXTIMES Mar 25, 2009 09:37 AM

thanks for the input......should purchase soon....just want to see if anyone had probs.

EvoGame Mar 25, 2009 09:42 AM

anybody have any problems loading the stage 1 maps while using an aftermarket intake even though it says to you stock? I loaded the map about 2 weeks ago and im yet to have a problem.

Rob@cobbtuning Mar 25, 2009 09:47 AM

Inside Info: Try the one click updater. ;)

scarryy Mar 25, 2009 09:53 AM

Hey Rob,
were there any performance changes to v 1.01 or just the boost reading, etc? The map notes for the revisions aren't very specific...

Rob@cobbtuning Mar 25, 2009 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by scarryy (Post 6854464)
Hey Rob,
were there any performance changes to v 1.01 or just the boost reading, etc? The map notes for the revisions aren't very specific...

No performance changes at this time as the maps seem to be working very well.

Cheers,

CatalystGod Mar 25, 2009 10:56 AM

I was not on Germantown Pike Today. I know for sure there's another guy with a GG X in the area. I posted about it in the philly thread too, dunno who it is. I have special plates on mine and I have already scraped off the rubber liner in the front under my front Air Dam (part of the Aero Kit).

CatalystGod Mar 25, 2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by dek0026 (Post 6854342)
no mine is ww.

the gg x is most likely catalystgod. i see him everywhere.

i have never seen a rr ix rs around ever.

:lol: I do like to take the X out a lot. I am whole different person when I drive it, or so my wife thinks. But I live near the Mall off the trooper rd exit on 422, most of my driving is confined between 422 & ridge pk/main st AND Trooper Rd & Dekalb Pk.