EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Cobb AccessPORT (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/cobb-accessport-340/)
-   -   Cobb AP: ?s on product, features, and various maps incl Perrin maps go here [merge] (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/cobb-accessport/401137-cobb-ap-s-product-features-various-maps-incl-perrin-maps-go-here-merge.html)

sohcpunk Mar 25, 2009 11:15 AM

I'm interesting with the results of the economy mode. How much miles per tank can you squeeze? Also, would having mods and running the econ map work?

mrMTB Mar 25, 2009 12:11 PM

Many aftermarket intakes create turbulence that impacts the MAF readings and its linearity. This can cause the extreme lean spots during operation. They are currently beating on their tuners to build additional maps with a few different intakes; I'd expect to see them within a month.

lowkey Mar 25, 2009 12:30 PM

Negatives? Only the $700 price. It's a stretch to come up with anything bad to say about the AP. And when you sell the car you can flash it back to stock and sell the AP on eBay.

dek0026 Mar 25, 2009 01:02 PM

i decided not to flash to the econo map today after work. i worry about running too lean if i need to stomp on it to get around something in my travels.

i didnt buy an evo to save gas or find ways of saving gas. so i am just happy with my 20mpg commute each day. i can get up to 25 mpg on the perrin map but what's the fun in that?

wado Mar 25, 2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Methodical4u (Post 6841062)
Ok guys, little update on fuel... I went all over the place yesterday running errands.. A LOT of stop and go town driving, pulling in parking lots and running in and out, etc. I would say 65/35 highway/city, and around 75 miles total. Stage 1 still on car, average fuel ( from the computer ) 23.8 mpg, shifting at 2500 rpm and running 60 mph on the highway ( speed limit here is 55 ) I got on the car once REALLY hard, but other than that, it was easy driving.

After this tankful is out, I will flash to econ mode and reset the mileage and let you know the average.

Also did my first oil change yesterday at 1281 miles.

Shifting at 2500 RPM ? WTF the car doesn't even start to breath before about 3000 RPM not sure that lugging the car around actually helps the gas mileage.

dek0026 Mar 25, 2009 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by wado (Post 6855623)
Shifting at 2500 RPM ? WTF the car doesn't even start to breath before about 3000 RPM not sure that lugging the car around actually helps the gas mileage.

i already commented on that. apparently i don't know how to shift. i couldn't find a big enough eye roll icon for my reply. the wrong people are driving X's

amrock88 Mar 25, 2009 02:07 PM

from what ive seen i got 24mpg on the highway with the economy map....ran it with sf intake, downpipe and testpipe....sometimes would see 23.6mpg too....

Q15H Mar 25, 2009 03:19 PM

It's a stretch to come up with anything bad to say about the AP.
It has a very limited color selection. Silver is the only color, iirc. That's a negative. Designed colors to match my cellphone would be kewl.

UT_Evo Mar 25, 2009 03:32 PM

Yep, really the $700 price tag is the only negative considering the "cost" of EcuFlash and logging tools for a laptop. Course, if you don't have a laptop you can get AP for less than a new laptop.

With the amount of tuners out there and people who know what they are doing with EcuFlash, I'd just go with it if someone reputable is in your area that can do it. If not (as in my case with the STi now) than the AP is a great choice. And like someone said, since you get to keep it and get all the basic maps for free, if you sell the car and sell it, you may make up a bit of the price.

Clark_Kent Mar 25, 2009 04:19 PM

The only negative I can conjure up is the price. The AP is overpriced IMO.

raytrix Mar 25, 2009 05:13 PM

What if I ran K&N Drop-in Air filter, HKS Exhaust, and hard UPIC pipe on stage 1 maps. Would I run into any issues?

dek0026 Mar 25, 2009 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by raytrix (Post 6856598)
What if I ran K&N Drop-in Air filter, HKS Exhaust, and hard UPIC pipe on stage 1 maps. Would I run into any issues?

read their site.

DonMitsu Mar 25, 2009 06:46 PM

The AP is a great tool, and will help you read your check engine light error codes. We have several customers with APs and I think they have for the most part been happy. The early flashes could throw codes, but I think the current flashes seem to work well.

John83 Mar 25, 2009 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by raytrix (Post 6856598)

also look at perrin...

trexxx8739 Mar 25, 2009 07:32 PM

With the weather warming up and my 45 min drive to work I see 23.5 mpg on my stock X with K&N filter. I was curious if the econo mode would do any better.