EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Cobb AccessPORT (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/cobb-accessport-340/)
-   -   Cobb AP: ?s on product, features, and various maps incl Perrin maps go here [merge] (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/cobb-accessport/401137-cobb-ap-s-product-features-various-maps-incl-perrin-maps-go-here-merge.html)

amrock88 Feb 24, 2009 03:39 PM

sweet again!

jackygor Feb 24, 2009 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by HB Speed (Post 6734549)
IT matched my dyno exactly
(i was the guinea pig)

SWEET! Well worth the money! {thumbup}

EvoX_SA Feb 24, 2009 04:38 PM

so you take abs. pressure and subtract 14.7 to get the real boost?

John83 Feb 24, 2009 04:43 PM

do I need my map updated again?

turizmo01 Feb 24, 2009 08:43 PM

Nice! Can't wait!

dek0026 Feb 25, 2009 06:40 AM

just updated the AP today. it was quite a hefty update. was this just the boost feature or is there more?

Rob@cobbtuning Feb 25, 2009 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by John83 (Post 6734858)
do I need my map updated again?

The change is not quite out yet. That being said, once the update is available, you will need to update your map.

Thanks,

Rob@cobbtuning Feb 25, 2009 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by dek0026 (Post 6737012)
just updated the AP today. it was quite a hefty update. was this just the boost feature or is there more?

There were a few improved features and the boost fix to read above 18psi. The Fix to read above 22-24psi is not quite out yet.

Thanks,

trexxx8739 Feb 25, 2009 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by sohcpunk (Post 6715270)
very interested in what you get with the econ mode. Keep us posted

+1

CmakEVOX Feb 26, 2009 07:02 AM

I am pretty much sold in getting the Cobb AP. I hear lots of good things about it and started a savings fund/jar already.

My question is, can the Cobb AP be bad for newbies to engine tuning/flashing? Can the Cobb AP do major damage to the car if not used properly? Sorry for the newb question, but i just wanted to see what the cons are since there are so many pros.

PlayinWithFire Feb 27, 2009 07:47 AM

cool keep me posted! I am waiting on my cobb test pipe and then its tune time with mr. shafer's assistance.

DRAG Feb 27, 2009 08:54 AM

Thank you Cobb for the continued support. I'm very happy with my AP.

skywalker Feb 27, 2009 09:01 AM

Another AP Install/Review *Perrin Map*

As others have stated the install is a piece of cake. It took maybe 3 mintues total to download factory map to AP and install Perrin Stage 1 map to car's ECU. I have a completely stock X other than an AMS UICP.

Review:

Wow.....comes to mind first. Crazy that in 3 minutes my car feels THIS different. The car is so smooth now, and loves to be redlined now. Before the AP install the upper RPM was very weak IMO on the X. It felt lost basically above 5.5k or so, but that is all gone now oh boy is it gone now. Feels like a completely new car, and I know someone else said that before but it really does feel completely different.

I have been told the Perrin stage one map yields more HP and TQ vs the Cobb stage one map, and hell in a few mintues I can switch and try the Cobb map and decide for myself. I will likely do this once I get some more seat time with the Perrin map.

I know there are a great number of tuning options out there for the X. For those people like me that aren't real close to a shop this is a perfect solution. I highly recommend Perrin as the place to go for the AP, these guys are top notch. Nothing but the best customer service I have ever experienced.

Any questions or comments good or bad I would love to hear them.

Thanks

dek0026 Feb 27, 2009 09:25 AM

i love the perrin stage 1 tune; however, lately i've become used to it and it feels like stock again to me. i guess that is how the mod bug starts. or i could flash back to stock and drive on that for a while to appreciate it again.

skywalker Feb 27, 2009 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by dek0026 (Post 6747230)
i love the perrin stage 1 tune; however, lately i've become used to it and it feels like stock again to me. i guess that is how the mod bug starts. or i could flash back to stock and drive on that for a while to appreciate it again.

Yeah man I certainly understand what that is like, and sadly that is what happens. After a while even 300+ whp would seem slow. Buy hey for now it feels like I have a race car. lol not really but I do really enjoy driving it.