EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   FP HTA Green Stock Block 93 Octane & E85 - Tuned by TSCOMPUSA/VR-Speed (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/571545-fp-hta-green-stock-block-93-octane-e85-tuned-tscompusa-vr-speed.html)

tscompusa Sep 27, 2011 04:08 PM

i should really explain the 2 graphs here.. the lime green graph is what his car made the way i normally tune a evo semi conservative on e85.. it had a 33-34psi spike and it was capable of about 480tq but i keep the tq low on stock blocks to avoid catastrophic failures unless the owner tells me to push it.

so the green line would be the final outcome and you can see it is a much funner tq curve in general.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL157.../398662769.jpg
------------------

now the yellow line that looks odd is because we removed all the torque and delayed it until way further out in the RPM range.. the further out you delay the big tq the safer it is on the stock internals. so you see this car has a very unique torque curve and that is specifically due to the ecu boost 3 port and my timing. (removed boost spike & increased boost at upper rpm) this car hauls.. i can tell that by just seeing the curves it was producing..

theres another 30whp in this car easy, but this cars for Dans son and he doesnt want him having it at full power until he gets used to it.. i dont even know if he wants it anymore period because its a stock block and they would like the engine to last a while..

I believe his goals mid/low 11's and i dont see why it wont happen with the curve i gave them. at one point in the tuning process i had the car holding 450tq from 4k to redline and i said you see this is the curve that will get you the best times but its very dangerous on the stock block.. so he does have roms that he can flash that have a good bit of tq but we both agreed to keep it subtle and safe.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL157.../398662920.jpg

for anyone else wondering what the car COULD max out at it would be around 530ish and 480tq.

the 93oct tune is however maxed out.. just not the e85. - hope i helped make better sense of the graphs :)

YogSaahoth Sep 27, 2011 04:17 PM

Amazing results for both the pump and ethanol. I may have to jump on the tscomp wagon here soon, looks like he's really got a hold of this tuning process he uses. My green performs pretty well but I know it can be better and it seems like Tom takes the time get it right, rather than working hastily so the next customer can get on the dyno...

evobjcj Sep 27, 2011 05:47 PM

nice numbers and i like the air filter setup

drb Sep 27, 2011 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by YogSaahoth (Post 9633495)
Amazing results for both the pump and ethanol. I may have to jump on the tscomp wagon here soon, looks like he's really got a hold of this tuning process he uses. My green performs pretty well but I know it can be better and it seems like Tom takes the time get it right, rather than working hastily so the next customer can get on the dyno...

Tom definitely knows what he is doing and is very much able to customize the tune to match whatever goals you have for the car. He isn't satisfied until the car is done right, and the customer is happy. He spend a lot of time on this tune and it shows in the results.

Dan (drb)

sparky Sep 27, 2011 10:25 PM

To each his own. I don't know why anyone would use such a torque happy turbo like the HTA Green and then try to limit torque in the first place. To me it just seems counterproductive. Just kinda defeats the intent and purpose of that particular turbo. If you don't want to produce torque then why get an HTA Green in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, but I am just trying to figure out where you are coming from? If you wanted less midrange torque than the HTA Green produces then wouldn't it have been easier to pick a different turbo from the beginning?

Why not choose the FP Red, or even the FP Black instead? Either of these two turbos would put out less midrange torque than the Green while producing more power up top. I guess I don't see much logic in detuning.

Sure, I do understand the logic in limiting torque on the stock bottom end. But, that just begs the question doesn't it?

forc3 f3d Sep 27, 2011 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 9634295)
To each his own. I don't know why anyone would use such a torque happy turbo like the HTA Green and then try to limit torque in the first place. To me it just seems counterproductive. Just kinda defeats the intent and purpose of that particular turbo. If you don't want to produce torque then why get an HTA Green in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, but I am just trying to figure out where you are coming from? If you wanted less midrange torque than the HTA Green produces then wouldn't it have been easier to pick a different turbo from the beginning?

Why not choose the FP Red, or even the FP Black instead? Either of these two turbos would put out less midrange torque than the Green while producing more power up top. I guess I don't see much logic in detuning.

Sure, I do understand the logic in limiting torque on the stock bottom end. But, that just begs the question doesn't it?

I'm gonna guess how fast it spools up compared to the red and black.

I definitely get what you're saying though. This is the exact reason why I've decided to build the motor before putting on the green!

sparky Sep 27, 2011 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by forc3 f3d (Post 9634308)
I'm gonna guess how fast it spools up....

Well yeah, this is exactly what I am getting at. What makes this turbo such a beast on the street is that it is a fast spooler which helps it produce a lot of midrange torque. But, in this particular state of tune it is not optimizing spool up. To the contrary it was tuned to minimize quick spool up and reduce mid range torque.

sparky Sep 27, 2011 11:01 PM

I didn't mean to hate. As the tuner and the OP make clear, they just want the engine to hold together until the OP's son gets used to the power. Then they'll rebuild the bottom end to be able to withstand the torque.:)

drb Sep 27, 2011 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 9634345)
I didn't mean to hate. As the tuner and the OP make clear, they just want the engine to hold together until the OP's son gets used to the power. Then they'll rebuild the bottom end to be able to withstand the torque.:)

No problem sparky, it's a legitimate question. The truth is that I really didn't know how much torque that this turbo would produce with my setup, especially on E-85. There is no doubt that you are leaving a lot on the table with this turbo with a stock bottom end. To really take advantage of it you need a built motor.

My dilemma at this point is deciding if I want to leave the tune as is or have Tom make some more tweaks. I've read several posts about people blowing stock motors with too much torque, to soon, but how much is to much, and how soon is to soon? I've also read several posts about people that run this turbo on stock bottom ends with around 500 HP and 425 - 450 ft. lbs. of torque (at around 4500 RPM) without any problems.

zeus1 Sep 28, 2011 08:14 AM

love e85!! wish NH would get some stations:(

jDOTc Sep 28, 2011 02:06 PM

good looking car and great numbers...thinking about getting a hta green recently

tsidrift1 Sep 28, 2011 02:21 PM

Im in the same boat as the OP. I have the green and yet its tuned to limit some of the tq brought on by it. Im also out of fuel which is killing my tune. Hence why I am looking for a built block. The green on a built bottom end is just gonna be plain SICK!!! :D

420a-t Sep 28, 2011 05:25 PM

This looks pretty close to what I did on my green with a close setup:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-bolt-ons.html

Great job to you guys that looks like a fun combo

drb Sep 28, 2011 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by 420a-t (Post 9636467)
This looks pretty close to what I did on my green with a close setup:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-bolt-ons.html

Great job to you guys that looks like a fun combo

I'm just curious, are you still running 450+ ft lbs of torque at 4200 RPM, or have you retuned since that post?

Dan (drb)

Playap07 Sep 28, 2011 07:21 PM

Thats Badass!!!!!!!!! nice #s!

Im in the same situation. As the OP state, I too am curious as to what tq level actually blows the block. Is it just the situation where people drive in 4th or 5th gear at a low rpm n then floor the gas pedal or is it the legit situation of just driving correctly, getting on her the right way then KABOOM rods go due to too much tq power in general and not the "HIGH LOAD" i have been reading about? Sorry if this is a thread jack question... just curious like you "DRP". Other wise your numbers are pretty damn good!