EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   FP HTA Green Stock Block 93 Octane & E85 - Tuned by TSCOMPUSA/VR-Speed (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/571545-fp-hta-green-stock-block-93-octane-e85-tuned-tscompusa-vr-speed.html)

420a-t Sep 28, 2011 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by drb (Post 9636641)
I'm just curious, are you still running 450+ ft lbs of torque at 4200 RPM, or have you retuned since that post?

Dan (drb)

Just barely retuned it a little lower. But I ran it like that for three months with no side effects.

-Evo Aaron- Sep 29, 2011 11:28 AM

Nice graph, that Ecu controlled boost is great. Ive been wanting to switch to that over my MBC for a while now.

tscompusa Sep 29, 2011 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 9634320)
Well yeah, this is exactly what I am getting at. What makes this turbo such a beast on the street is that it is a fast spooler which helps it produce a lot of midrange torque. But, in this particular state of tune it is not optimizing spool up. To the contrary it was tuned to minimize quick spool up and reduce mid range torque.

i didnt lag the spool.. what i did was lower the boost at lower rpm then ramp it up towards the top thats why you see the hill tq curve. it doesn't take away the spoolup response of the car though.. rather makes it feel like its pulling constantly till redline.. i would imagine it hits smooth instead of hard tho.. personally i don't like that, but the stock rods definitely do.

safety over power in this situation. he wants the car to last. even a fp black without holding back tq would hurt the engine also. i usually hold back tq on every stock block car i tune unless told otherwise by the customer.. i always let the customer tell me what they want and go from there.

if you compare the graphs you will see all i did was reduce boost at lower rpm and ramp it up as opposed to a mild spike. cool thing about ecu boost is you can mimic whatever boost situation you want.

future adjustments will be raise the low end boost alittle more to flatten the curve to make the tq curve alittle more lined up flat then extract the remaining power out the top it has.. it should hit 530 without a problem based on the tuning it has on it now and the power it produced.

Manny1020 Sep 29, 2011 04:33 PM

Amazing looking car. Must be a blast to drive.

j255c Sep 29, 2011 07:07 PM

Tom & I will be running a BB Green on my car by the end of the winter, cant wait to have the perfect street beast.

drb Sep 29, 2011 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 9638797)
i didnt lag the spool.. what i did was lower the boost at lower rpm then ramp it up towards the top thats why you see the hill tq curve. it doesn't take away the spoolup response of the car though.. rather makes it feel like its pulling constantly till redline.. i would imagine it hits smooth instead of hard tho.. personally i don't like that, but the stock rods definitely do.

safety over power in this situation. he wants the car to last. even a fp black without holding back tq would hurt the engine also. i usually hold back tq on every stock block car i tune unless told otherwise by the customer.. i always let the customer tell me what they want and go from there.

if you compare the graphs you will see all i did was reduce boost at lower rpm and ramp it up as opposed to a mild spike. cool thing about ecu boost is you can mimic whatever boost situation you want.

future adjustments will be raise the low end boost alittle more to flatten the curve to make the tq curve alittle more lined up flat then extract the remaining power out the top it has.. it should hit 530 without a problem based on the tuning it has on it now and the power it produced.

Tom is exactly right, the spool up is still very good. It definitely does not feel laggy. The torque "hit" is more subtle than it is with a tune that has a boost spike. While the hard hitting boost spike fells great, it's not so great for the stock rods.

tdubbz Sep 30, 2011 01:12 PM

maybe I missed it but are you running stock cams on your setup?

drb Sep 30, 2011 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by tdubbz (Post 9640713)
maybe I missed it but are you running stock cams on your setup?

HKS 280/280 Cams

drb Oct 1, 2011 12:16 PM

The car is out of fuel at this point, so I need to figure out what to do about a fuel pump / fuel system. If anyone has any idea's let me know. I would like to avoid the expense of a double pumper if possible.

BluEVOIX Oct 1, 2011 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by drb (Post 9642391)
The car is out of fuel at this point, so I need to figure out what to do about a fuel pump / fuel system. If anyone has any idea's let me know. I would like to avoid the expense of a double pumper if possible.

Same boat as you. I'm just waiting to see what options open up especially with the new walboro 400 lph .

BigDaddyCain Oct 1, 2011 01:55 PM

Tom can really tune the crap out of these cars. can't wait to get tuned by him!

tsidrift1 Oct 1, 2011 02:25 PM

haha, I think all us hta green guys are out of fuel lol. I think I am gonna just go with some 1450s and a dw 300. Seems like the walbro 400 is either out of the question, or a lot of work to install in the evo 8/9 successfully. So I am gonna try the dw300, better than the 255, right? lol

YogSaahoth Oct 1, 2011 02:57 PM

Yea according to dave buschur the 400lph wont fit in the 8/9 tank. MAP's testing showed the dw301 was good for over 600whp, 33psi, 1500cc on e85 of course (2.3L 6262 test vehicle).

tsidrift1 Oct 1, 2011 03:07 PM

Yup, I think I am gonna give it a shot. I want to avoid the cost of the double pumper for now. :)

jwdp54 Oct 1, 2011 03:34 PM

just get a dw 300 pump. i have one with 1450's and i'm no where near outta fuel on my hta green