EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   P0401 EGR Flow Insufficient fix? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/364161-p0401-egr-flow-insufficient-fix.html)

PandaIX Jan 26, 2010 03:47 PM

took it into the shop for p0401, and they concluded it was the EGR Solenoid...When I asked how they knew, their reasoning was that the lines were hooked up and intact. I'm going to see if I can investigate for myself before I allow them to pop a new $70 part in. Glad I found this thread

PandaIX Jan 26, 2010 03:52 PM

if the EGR port is clogged yet I disable the EGR, will it effect performance?

ElectricBlueIX Jan 26, 2010 07:21 PM

I just had my clutch and tranny replaced and got the EGR insufficient flow code. I'm gonna look at it tomm and check for loose lines. Hopefully that's all it is. I may just eliminate the EGR system. It won't affect performance anyway. My car is running perfectly fine with the SES light on.

SmurfZilla Jan 26, 2010 08:57 PM

Eliminate it in the ECU, remove the system when you have time (THats the last thing for me to do).

DesertEvolution Jan 30, 2010 10:12 PM

any easy way to reach the EGR valve?

distant_02 Apr 11, 2010 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by DesertEvolution (Post 7941998)
any easy way to reach the EGR valve?

Thats what im wondering also... my service engine soon light came on this morning, checked the code and p0401 is what came up. {thumbdwn}

NJ_evoIXgsr Apr 14, 2010 06:08 PM

this code is quite ANNOYING. i have to fix it again. i should have just tip tied it or like everyone else just did the egr elimination. i'll do it this summer when i actually have time. not working tremendous amount of overtime.

NJ_evoIXgsr Apr 15, 2010 07:18 PM

i can't find the hose for the vaccuum. anyone know where it should be coming from?

9evolution Jul 23, 2010 02:54 PM

Had same code today. went to Autozone they gave me a reader, looked it up on evom= easy and fixed. Thanks

MinusPrevious Feb 14, 2011 06:12 PM

Same code. Thought for sure it was test pipe related.

Did the deep reach around on the throttle body & sure enough the hose dangle was found.

Great thread:D

dzuest Jul 1, 2011 06:57 AM

Just got this code as well... Found this thread and fixed. The diagram is great since you're just feeling around back there and not able to see. great thread!

inkmywholebody Apr 11, 2013 09:25 PM

My CEL just came on as well, thought it was my test pipe as someone mentioned before. Come to find out I already put the non fouler on, reset the battery and the light went off. Looked back on the previous owners trip to firestone and sure enough it was the EGR valve code. ANNOYING! but simple and easy fix just ridiculous !

ablan029 Oct 29, 2013 12:36 PM

This just happened to me after a clutch install. Just found out that the nipples broke off the EGR solenoid. Damn $70 part!!

Joe Huang May 11, 2014 04:21 PM

I have a same problem. Can block the EGR? Is it work?