EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Is it just me or has Evo prices gone up? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/675415-just-me-has-evo-prices-gone-up.html)

meckert Nov 12, 2013 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 (Post 11020482)
While the timing coincided, it wasn't completely a result of being the star car of the movie that made its sale price increase. It helped, but the Supra still would have been similarly popular. It just decreased in value at first as expected, but the market responded, especially when the Supra got more coverage not necessarily as Paul Walker's car but just as a beast since its block was so strong... it was around the same time as when the car was getting even more attention for its aftermarket capabilities when .wmv files were always shared in 2001-2002, like the one of the red Supra on the dyno or the white Supra owned by Marko. They didn't need the movie to know that the engine was insane.

We saw something similar with the Evo. Yes, when it was no longer produced, its value decreased as expected, but the market again responded and drove up the prices, since most people just liked it better not only more than the Evo X but also most other similar cars (STI, R32/Golf R, etc.). That's why in 2008, a dealership offered me $21k, then in 2009, another dealership offered me $23k (despite obviously having more miles), and at my most recent oil change, that same dealership said that they'd probably give me $25k if I felt like selling it (again despite having more miles). Bone stock Evo IX SE.

I get the dealer inquires as well, but you have to put it in context, if they have a 35 k car they want to sell you and you'll take 25k on your car, guess what-- your purchase is now 40k and the interest on your note for 7 yrs.... believe me you car didnt appreciate a penny. You can thank "cash for cars" for the inflated prices of ALL used car these past few year---its not new news-- the cost of a used cars went up 30%. so again, it isnt an EVO thing , its a market thing and we all are paying more for the same crap years later.. hate to bust the bubble but the truth is the truth... Your going to pay more for ANY used car today over a few years ago, and your dealer isnt going to give you a premium price on trade in without making a buck on your a$$-- just the facts.

DeeezNuuuts83 Nov 12, 2013 08:54 PM

It wasn't an offer on a trade in. They wanted to buy my car.

vr4gasmtt Nov 12, 2013 11:34 PM

Speaking of these prices, has anyone actually paid the amount people are asking? For example: 25k for a 100k mile evo? I'm sure theyre some, they just don't want to post.

100K miles isn't that much miles, but $25K is a bit steep. Yah there is a supply and demand issue, but the prices are sure inflated, anyone else noticing STi prices are cheaper than Evo's now? Used to be the otherway around, well from my searches anyways.

GSX 911 Nov 12, 2013 11:39 PM

Can someone just put up a stickie explaining the concept of "SUPPLY AND DEMAND."

These posts of "how much is my evo worth" or "Evo value going up" are getting repetitive.

jhoganusaf Nov 12, 2013 11:42 PM

this is awesome. i bought my 03 evo 2 years ago for 14k. damn near stock. still on un-scuffed oem enkei wheels.

kanovic Nov 13, 2013 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by GSX 911 (Post 11020667)
Can someone just put up a stickie explaining the concept of "SUPPLY AND DEMAND."

These posts of "how much is my evo worth" or "Evo value going up" are getting repetitive.

If it's bothering you don't click on the thread or post in it. Its that simple.

Clintosaraus Nov 13, 2013 05:35 AM

just picked up my lightly modded 9 mr with 81k for 17k. can't seem to find em around here for less that 16 unless there salvaged or reconstructed title. subarus go for 17k even with salvage titles around here and there with 100k on them

steven121 Nov 13, 2013 07:00 AM

I paid 15k for an evo clean title 50k miles on it, pretty much a steal.

But now its worth 18k thought about selling it to make the profit and buy a higher milage evo for 13k so its paid off. But prices are going up because of the younger generation crashing them that all I hear about

Ang Wen Yan Nov 13, 2013 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by kanovic (Post 11020219)
2years ago I bought a 9mr with 59k I paid 17k for it. It had good amount of bolt ons. I invested a good amount myself bought a built 5speed did a tune and just kept up with maintenance. Well I sold the car 2months ago for 19k which I thought was a good price it had 72k when I sold it. Now I want another evo and I have looked everywhere and I swear some people think these cars are gold. It is impossible to fine a 9 under 70k for under 23k I don't know if it's just more kids are owning these cars and are raising the price because they think they have the best car around or what but it's getting really annoying. Example is a kid close to me has a 06 eb with less mods then what I had, has the cheapest xxr wheels you can get with 76k and won't budge under 26k???? Wtfffff is it just that there are no good deals to be had or have the prices gone up. Sorry for the rant just literally have looked from the east coast to the mid states for 5weeks and have not found one car that is in good condition at a reasonable price.

Why would you sell a car you actually want and look for one 2 months later:confused:

kanovic Nov 13, 2013 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan (Post 11020853)
Why would you sell a car you actually want and look for one 2 months later:confused:

I had it for 2 years and was starting to get bored. I came from the BMW world to the Evo world and thought I wanted a 335i but after I sold it and drove a couple 335i I miss the Evo and I want another. And another reason was that mine was silver and I can't stand silver cars but it was a good deal so I didn't mind but the longer I had it the more I felt I just did not connect with the car idk weird reason to sell it but why have something you are not 100% happy with.

Ev0ikon Nov 13, 2013 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan (Post 11020853)

Because once you drove a well-sorted Evo any other car just suck. :lol:

kanovic Nov 13, 2013 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon (Post 11020943)
Because once you drove a well-sorted Evo any other car just suck. :lol:

That is actually very true. When I drove the 335i it was very comfy but it was very meh I was like fuuuuuuuuuu

EvoLLBlue8 Nov 13, 2013 12:03 PM

i just recently bought my 2003 vIII and i paid 10k for it. interior was 4/10 but as i go through this car (all original) it was pretty taken care of. officially owned the car for 3 months now.

DeeezNuuuts83 Nov 13, 2013 12:58 PM

^ Plus even with a less-than-perfect interior, it doesn't exactly affect how it works (as opposed to having a powertrain that is a 4/10), and you can always swap out for newer parts, as people do sell full interiors from time to time.

4bangn Nov 13, 2013 01:12 PM

lol, i love this thread, gotta pay to play:lol::lol::lol: