EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Is it just me or has Evo prices gone up? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/675415-just-me-has-evo-prices-gone-up.html)

wjamyers Nov 13, 2013 01:13 PM

lol at the concept of "kids" driving up prices.

Let me help you with that ... read this:
Economics Basics: Supply and Demand

:D

EvoLLBlue8 Nov 13, 2013 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 (Post 11021265)
^ Plus even with a less-than-perfect interior, it doesn't exactly affect how it works (as opposed to having a powertrain that is a 4/10), and you can always swap out for newer parts, as people do sell full interiors from time to time.

My thoughts exactly

kanovic Nov 13, 2013 02:18 PM

Once again I understand supply and demand I'm not debating that at all. A good condition Evo with low miles is a premium. I don't get the 100k beat to hell evos at 23k but it's all good one will come around I have a daily and I'm not on a rush.

kanovic Nov 13, 2013 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 4bangn (Post 11021288)
lol, i love this thread, gotta pay to play:lol::lol::lol:

Not really. I got the money it would be different if I never owned a Evo but why pay 23k for a 100k ragged out Evo? I rather but get a X for 23k+ and have under 50k. This thread has nothing to do with what I can afford

4bangn Nov 13, 2013 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by kanovic (Post 11021353)
Not really. I got the money it would be different if I never owned a Evo but why pay 23k for a 100k ragged out Evo? I rather but get a X for 23k+ and have under 50k. This thread has nothing to do with what I can afford

well, at the end of the day, all that matters is how bad you want it and how much your willing to pay for it and how much the seller is motivated to sell, but I think we can all agree it's more of a sellers market for the evo right now, seeing as most who own one of these "know what they have"(i would hope) and the demand for them

kanovic Nov 13, 2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by 4bangn (Post 11021363)
well, at the end of the day, all that matters is how bad you want it and how much your willing to pay for it and how much the seller is motivated to sell, but I think we can all agree it's more of a sellers market for the evo right now, seeing as most who own one of these "know what they have"(i would hope) and the demand for them

Yup. I agree with that I'm not in a rush at all, would love to pick one up tomorrow but I'm not going to pay a premium for a ragged Evo so il wait and make sure I get the right one at the right price.

Magrud3r Nov 13, 2013 04:08 PM

I've noticed a fluctuation during my time in the Evo game. I just hope if I ever do sell mine I can come out close to even, if not, profiting.

Viegasjuice Nov 13, 2013 04:15 PM

There's a reason the X isn't holding value. One it's still being produced, two it's been around loner were the 8/9 was only 03-06, three the 4g63 and ct9a have a long history of success and when the average person thinks evo they picture a 7-9 not an x. I feel like down the road the 8/9 will be remembered and a collector car where as the X is gonna be forgotten. Look how many people crave to own a IV V or VI. Btw I have no idea where people are seeing Evos with over 100k sell for 20+ I bought my 2005 SSL WITH 102k bolt on stock turbo for only 14.7

kanovic Nov 13, 2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Viegasjuice (Post 11021507)
There's a reason the X isn't holding value. One it's still being produced, two it's been around loner were the 8/9 was only 03-06, three the 4g63 and ct9a have a long history of success and when the average person thinks evo they picture a 7-9 not an x. I feel like down the road the 8/9 will be remembered and a collector car where as the X is gonna be forgotten. Look how many people crave to own a IV V or VI. Btw I have no idea where people are seeing Evos with over 100k sell for 20+ I bought my 2005 SSL WITH 102k bolt on stock turbo for only 14.7

true but i dont think the evo 8/9 will become a collectors car but i could be wrong. I see what your are saying about a proven platform though and with that i agree 100%.. One thing though is how many people want the IV V or VI in japan and such where they actually have them? or do we just crave them because we never had them here?

turbotboz Nov 13, 2013 05:36 PM

I just picked up my IX with 104k miles for 16.9k. It was more than I wanted to pay. But with certain work done to it (rebuilt trans, tcase, 60k maint, etc) and the color I wanted (Electric Blue)- I feel I got a fair deal.

I looked all over the place for a IX. The choices were VERY slim, and VERY expensive.

spjestevz Nov 13, 2013 05:40 PM

there are going up man,i just bougth a evo 9 with a broken engine buscher edition for 12000

Viegasjuice Nov 13, 2013 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by kanovic (Post 11021559)
true but i dont think the evo 8/9 will become a collectors car but i could be wrong. I see what your are saying about a proven platform though and with that i agree 100%.. One thing though is how many people want the IV V or VI in japan and such where they actually have them? or do we just crave them because we never had them here?

I haven't been in the evo game nearly long enough to know, but from what I see those cars are very respected in Japan and constantly being mentioned in the same names as the skylines/rx7. To me it's a proven car that can do anything and deserves respect amongst all cars. I don't see it in the same way I see a skyline or rx7 or NSX obviously but the fact that it has dominated says a lot. Time will tell.

DeeezNuuuts83 Nov 13, 2013 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by kanovic (Post 11021559)
One thing though is how many people want the IV V or VI in japan and such where they actually have them? or do we just crave them because we never had them here?

It's both, but part of the allure is because they weren't sold here and are only available as gray market vehicles, for the most part. It's kind of like how people still really want the older Skyline GT-Rs just for the sake of being unique (which I personally think is a stupid reason considering the hurdles), even though they're not much faster (if at all) than an Evo while being an even bigger pain the ass, particularly when it comes to insurance, maintenance, getting one here that is legal to own, dealing with RHD, etc.

But handling wise, most people who have driven both seem to have the same opinion of it as we do of the CT9A compared to today's model... where the more recent model clearly handles better (as evident from various publications' test results), while the older model makes the driver feel more connected. So it does have those credentials to its name, as the Evo VI (particularly the VI TME, though the V may be lumped in) has generally been regarded as the rawest handling Evo.

silver9mr Nov 13, 2013 06:33 PM

damn after reading this i should put my car for sale for like 35k lol

Viegasjuice Nov 13, 2013 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 (Post 11021626)
It's both, but part of the allure is because they weren't sold here and are only available as gray market vehicles, for the most part. It's kind of like how people still really want the older Skyline GT-Rs just for the sake of being unique (which I personally think is a stupid reason considering the hurdles), even though they're not much faster (if at all) than an Evo while being an even bigger pain the ass, particularly when it comes to insurance, maintenance, getting one here that is legal to own, dealing with RHD, etc.

But handling wise, most people who have driven both seem to have the same opinion of it as we do of the CT9A compared to today's model... where the more recent model clearly handles better (as evident from various publications' test results), while the older model makes the driver feel more connected. So it does have those credentials to its name, as the Evo VI (particularly the VI TME, though the V may be lumped in) has generally been regarded as the rawest handling Evo.

This too, gotta love a car with less electronics. Driving an evo, while it is AWD and has an active center diff just feels so connected and point and shoot and the feeling of EVERY pebble on the road being felt in your ass while driving is something else. Nothing against the X or the New GTR but I prefer the older gens. On a side nite the Nissan GTR is gonna have a LONG streak of being king in my opinion.