EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Is it just me or has Evo prices gone up? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/675415-just-me-has-evo-prices-gone-up.html)

Nebraskafandb Nov 14, 2013 10:20 AM

I don't think it has to do with kids becoming owners and thinking they all of a sudden have a car made out of gold. I think it has to do with the fact that there are less and less out there that have been unmolested by 17 year old's with their daddy's money. I have always wanted an evo and growing up I remember seeing evo 8's with low miles go for 16k and that was 5 or 6 years ago and I was surprised to see that now the people are trying to get the same amount with more miles and after the car has been ran through hell and back. I took my time and found an evo 8 1 owner for 11,500 with 110k on it. I can't tell you how many evo's I found owned by a 17 year old that dumped 15k into it with the help of their parents and completely ruined the car and they want 35k for the car

Ang Wen Yan Nov 15, 2013 08:33 PM

IMO strong resale value of VIII and IX is helped by the fact that they are some of the last 4G63 powered car

blowngasket Nov 15, 2013 09:12 PM

Got my IX standard for 20k two years ago with 48k on it. It needed work and I had to talk the dealer down from his asking price of 25k, talked him down because the alternator was over charging, the acd tcase was jacked and it has a carbon fiber front end... I wanted stock and the carbon fiber was/is faded. This to me is about average for what a evo ix goes for in this area from a PP. I have 60k miles on it now, a built stage 3 tcase, built trans, and rear end, if I finished the body work (front end carbon crap) I could see about 22-24 for it, in this market, in this area.
I've also worked and worked to bring this car back to "tasteful" shape. Not all the way done but is it ever? I don't think id sell it thou ever.

InitialE Nov 16, 2013 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by blowngasket (Post 11023988)
Got my IX standard for 20k two years ago with 48k on it. It needed work and I had to talk the dealer down from his asking price of 25k, talked him down because the alternator was over charging, the acd tcase was jacked and it has a carbon fiber front end... I wanted stock and the carbon fiber was/is faded. This to me is about average for what a evo ix goes for in this area from a PP. I have 60k miles on it now, a built stage 3 tcase, built trans, and rear end, if I finished the body work (front end carbon crap) I could see about 22-24 for it, in this market, in this area.
I've also worked and worked to bring this car back to "tasteful" shape. Not all the way done but is it ever? I don't think id sell it thou ever.

Nice. Just don't have it stolen. That is happening a lot in the Chicago area.

blowngasket Nov 16, 2013 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by InitialE (Post 11024089)
Nice. Just don't have it stolen. That is happening a lot in the Chicago area.

I have a thread on that, its a sticky on these forums, The thiefs Failed due to lack of electrical knowledge. Now i also have it behind a locked gate, and a revelco and a removable steering wheel With a hub lock, since ive done all this and a couple of other things aint nobody ****ing with it.

InitialE Nov 17, 2013 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by blowngasket (Post 11024448)
I have a thread on that, its a sticky on these forums, The thiefs Failed due to lack of electrical knowledge. Now i also have it behind a locked gate, and a revelco and a removable steering wheel With a hub lock, since ive done all this and a couple of other things aint nobody ****ing with it.

Damn straight! :thumbup: