EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How Tos / Installations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations-82/)
-   -   How to video: fixing stuck heater control knob (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations/582010-how-video-fixing-stuck-heater-control-knob.html)

1000hpgsx Mar 26, 2012 09:17 AM

Perfect vid man, thanks. I bought my Evo with this problem. To the person that was asking for a place to buy the parts, I just ordered mine from eBay. All you have to do is put the part #'s in the search box.
The person that I bought the car from actually tried to turn the knob so hard they broke the shaft behind the knob. I read somewhere that you can take the whole control unit apart and replace just the shaft (which I also found on ebay) I'm sure I can figure it out but does anyone know of a video or how to on this? I've got a week before the parts get here and then I'll probably just tackle it myself anyway. but even so, someone might look at this thread later on so if anyone has the vid just go ahead and post it no matter when it is. Thanks again for the great video!

Sylhety Mar 26, 2012 11:01 PM

Cool!

Mike Nguyen Apr 15, 2012 07:02 PM

nice diy

DontStopMe May 7, 2012 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by 1000hpgsx (Post 10059500)
I read somewhere that you can take the whole control unit apart and replace just the shaft (which I also found on ebay) I'm sure I can figure it out but does anyone know of a video or how to on this?

Any luck with this? I've had other people ask me if its possible.

1000hpgsx May 10, 2012 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by DontStopMe (Post 10147250)
Any luck with this? I've had other people ask me if its possible.

I don't know of any video but I bought that shaft on ebay and was able to replace just that part in about an hour. It's straight forward. Take that whole unit right out of the car. It's been a month since I did it now and I'm trying to think of some tips but it's slipping my memory. I know you have to pretty much take that whole unit apart and make sure to look at the alignment of that shaft before you rip into it. There is a piece that connects to the shaft behind the circuit board, that I believe only goes on one way so that will help you get it back on right. If you look at the back of the circuit board then you'll be able to see what position that other piece needs to be in.
Hope this helped a little.

DontStopMe May 10, 2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by 1000hpgsx (Post 10154343)
I don't know of any video but I bought that shaft on ebay and was able to replace just that part in about an hour. It's straight forward..

Great, thanks, I just wanted to know it was possible.

peterbhoang May 17, 2012 07:39 AM

Was getting ready to do this, but then I found out that Mitsubishi would replace mine on my '03 for free!

EvoSeanzie May 20, 2012 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by peterbhoang (Post 10168817)
Was getting ready to do this, but then I found out that Mitsubishi would replace mine on my '03 for free!

What? How? I'm pissed now! :-(

CrazyLilPunk May 21, 2012 11:00 AM

Just what I was looking for, thankyou!

Calicab May 23, 2012 08:21 AM

does anyone know of a relativley easy fix for the blend door? ive relpaced gear and everything else, and the blend door is my finally problem...is there any way to clean the tracks without removing the whole dash and CC?

GaBe511 May 24, 2012 06:37 AM

^^^ Thats whats im waiting for, i refuse to take the whole dash apart due to mitsu's design mistake.

DontStopMe Jun 15, 2012 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyLilPunk (Post 10176318)
Just what I was looking for, thankyou!

You're welcome. Good luck with the repair!

EdSales Jun 15, 2012 02:23 PM

I got lucky with mine just being a bent cable and not the blender door.

vmrevo9 Jun 24, 2012 03:56 PM

i just did this to my friends evo 8. i guess the cable was slightly bent.

thanks for posting!

Dirty Dave Jul 7, 2012 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by EdSales (Post 10225112)
I got lucky with mine just being a bent cable and not the blender door.

That's what mine is. The cable is bent right where is attaches to the box.