EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums-257/)
-   -   Archiebabes EVO X Mapped By Tuning Technologies (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums/357587-archiebabes-evo-x-mapped-tuning-technologies.html)

Dyno4mance Jul 16, 2008 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by ArchieBabes (Post 5890176)
Is their dyno where you take off the wheels and attach it to the Dyno Dynamic Dyno?

I belive this is the high reading Dyno Dynamics Dyno?

Am I correct?

The most common dyno that attaches to the wheel hub is a Dynapak. They cannot measure whp since there are no wheels. DynoDynamics do read low if they are not corrected to read higher, way lower than dynojet, a little lower than most mustangs.

Great results on the tune {thumbup} , that is right where I would expect to see the car with 100% meth. Do you know what size nozzle you are using?

ArchieBabes Jul 16, 2008 05:56 AM

I am using the biggest nozzle that comes with the AEM kit.

550 nozzle size I belive.

The tune is awesome, there is instant power everywhere on the powerband.

Mivec settings were also changed, with that it helped the turbo to spool even sooner.

Jooyoung99 Jul 16, 2008 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Joe's Evo X (Post 5893036)
Aweseom gains. But who makes fuel pumps. Cuz ill have a lot more then archiebabes and i will also be running meth on an aquamist system. I was thinking i wouldnt need a bigger fuel pump as the meth will act like a fuel source. DTM guys testing that dominator turbo up grade and with a base line on a MD got 370 easly with out even touching mivec ect. Nick said there was a lot of fuel left and should easly go to 30psi.

I no vivid racing is selling the modd fuel pump but they want over $300 dollars for it. So ill keep on looking.

Wow!! I can't believe they are charging $300 for a modded 255 lph walbro pump. I'm getting it done through Road Race Engineering, and I'm not paying any where near that.

Also, I guess meth will act like an additional fuel source. I'm just speculating because the IDC is past 95% at 350 whp@7,000 rpm. There's plenty of fuel at lower rpm, but it does seem to run out at higher RPM.

Joe's Evo X Jul 16, 2008 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99 (Post 5894554)
Wow!! I can't believe they are charging $300 for a modded 255 lph walbro pump. I'm getting it done through Road Race Engineering, and I'm not paying any where near that.

Also, I guess meth will act like an additional fuel source. I'm just speculating because the IDC is past 95% at 350 whp@7,000 rpm. There's plenty of fuel at lower rpm, but it does seem to run out at higher RPM.

Right you are. I talked to Nick at DTM and he said with the new turbo he can only get 24psi and i am going to need more then the meth to help me out. He is going to be making so modded fuel pumps so he will be sending me one as well, along with the turbo upgrade and a FMIC. Cant wait. I am hoping to get 30 psi with the meth kit should get over 400 in a MD but will see.

Mightygnu Jul 16, 2008 10:00 AM

I want to see another option besides the Whinebro 255 lol.

DC_TypeR Jul 16, 2008 10:33 AM

^ you will be waiting a while my friend.

-Archie, VERY nice numbers. can't wait to see what you put down at MOD.

Your car is one of the cleanest looking and fastest X's in SoCal.

-Chris

Mightygnu Jul 16, 2008 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by DC_TypeR (Post 5895031)

-Chris

I know, and I would think that companies would be getting these in production asap, but apparently not.

ArchieBabes Jul 16, 2008 11:07 AM

-Archie, VERY nice numbers. can't wait to see what you put down at MOD.

Your car is one of the cleanest looking and fastest X's in SoCal.

-Chris

Thanks Chris. How is the Project X coming along?

It must be a beast by now.

It would be awesome if we can do a Fuel Pump upgrade and a ECUTECK retune at MOD. Compare the gains Vs Stock Fuel pump.

Maybe we can prove the larger fuel pump upgade is a must to boost higher and gains more HP and Torque.

ryan78 Jul 16, 2008 01:47 PM

great numbers archie. now more reasons to see your car up close. hehe

DC_TypeR Jul 16, 2008 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by ArchieBabes (Post 5895188)
Thanks Chris. How is the Project X coming along?

It must be a beast by now.

It would be awesome if we can do a Fuel Pump upgrade and a ECUTECK retune at MOD. Compare the gains Vs Stock Fuel pump.

Maybe we can prove the larger fuel pump upgade is a must to boost higher and gains more HP and Torque.

It's coming along great so far, we are on schedule for SEMA, slowly but surely the days are closing in.

Talk to Mike, to see if he can make that happen. He might be able to.

-Chris

hova00 Jul 16, 2008 08:39 PM

What do cars with those #'s on that dyno run at the track? I think the numbers seem a little low especially for having meth. By the way that is a very nice X that you have.

ArchieBabes Jul 17, 2008 09:02 AM

Bad News guys...

My car cannot make it for the Dyno Run this weekend.

My AEM Water/Methanol pump is leaking, and it will take about 3 business days for the AEM tech guys to inspect and repair the unit.

If only I can repair the unit my self.

I will try and disasmeble the pump today, maybe I can put it special seals round the top of the pump where its leaking.

Do you guys know if there are any speical quick seals that you can buy at auto parts store for methanol?

Thanks.

Mightygnu Jul 17, 2008 09:15 AM

You can try using Goop which can be bought at Home Depot, or just some RTV Silicone.

Jooyoung99 Jul 17, 2008 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by ArchieBabes (Post 5898903)
Bad News guys...

My car cannot make it for the Dyno Run this weekend.

My AEM Water/Methanol pump is leaking, and it will take about 3 business days for the AEM tech guys to inspect and repair the unit.

If only I can repair the unit my self.

I will try and disasmeble the pump today, maybe I can put it special seals round the top of the pump where its leaking.

Do you guys know if there are any speical quick seals that you can buy at auto parts store for methanol?

Thanks.

Oh man! That's a bad news. I was really looking forward to seeing your car this Saturday. Well, good luck with fixing your problem.

{offtopic} Anyone interested in going Kart Racing after MOD? If we get 6 or more people, I can make a reservation at K1.

Noize Jul 17, 2008 10:16 AM

This makes me sad.