EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums-257/)
-   -   CVN!? Tuners feel free to chime in.. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums/422782-cvn-tuners-feel-free-chime.html)

mantella May 28, 2009 10:18 PM

I messed with the mitsu mutIII scan tool for a while one day trying to find a flash counter and could not find such a thing. You can view which flash is in it but once again you can not go by a sticker on the hood since many techs do not fell out and add the sticker. I will try to find out more on The mut side of what is able to be seen.

Turbo Ghost May 30, 2009 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by mantella (Post 7111136)
I messed with the mitsu mutIII scan tool for a while one day trying to find a flash counter and could not find such a thing. You can view which flash is in it but once again you can not go by a sticker on the hood since many techs do not fell out and add the sticker. I will try to find out more on The mut side of what is able to be seen.

Can you read VIN, CIN and CVN with the mutIII tool to see if anything changes?

NyRsNy May 30, 2009 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering (Post 7111006)
On the Ecutek ECU reflashing on Evo 8-9 there was a license placed on the ecu acknowledging that the ECU was licensed. Even when going back to stock, the license forever remained on the ECU.

If you had an Ecutek reflash, it may be possible that there is extra data on the ECU representing a license and changing the checksum.

NO...Not on the x there is nothing left that the dealer can see!

08gsrevo Jun 10, 2009 11:09 PM

what does ams tunes with??

NyRsNy Jun 11, 2009 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by 08gsrevo (Post 7159016)
what does ams tunes with??

EcuTek

SiC Jun 11, 2009 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by NyRsNy (Post 7116325)
NO...Not on the x there is nothing left that the dealer can see!

Actually it's there on the EvoX too. Vehicle code, shop code, license code, and one more code that we haven't figured out yet.

NyRsNy Jun 11, 2009 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by SiC (Post 7159631)
Actually it's there on the EvoX too. Vehicle code, shop code, license code, and one more code that we haven't figured out yet.

omg how many times are we going to beat the dead horse ???

Ask any shop they will tell you there is no way of finding a flash once it has been restored to stock properly...Take the phone book and call every tuning shop and ask them...you will have your answer!

Once again i have personal experience in this matter! I had my car @ the dealer and the regional rep tore my ecu apart and found no traces! Unless you have the "hidden code evo" they might find it. But i didn't get the special edition evo like you. So please stop talking about this "secret code". THERE IS NONE

If your so worried don't flash it! {thumbup}

SiC Jun 11, 2009 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by NyRsNy (Post 7159718)
omg how many times are we going to beat the dead horse ???

Ask any shop they will tell you there is no way of finding a flash once it has been restored to stock properly...Take the phone book and call every tuning shop and ask them...you will have your answer!

Once again i have personal experience in this matter! I had my car @ the dealer and the regional rep tore my ecu apart and found no traces! Unless you have the "hidden code evo" they might find it. But i didn't get the special edition evo like you. So please stop talking about this "secret code". THERE IS NONE

If your so worried don't flash it! {thumbup}

I don't care what any shop says, it's there. And yes, I do have the code to make the ECUTek license appear in ECUFlash.

There are 4 but I'll just give you part of 1.

<table name="ECUTek Code" category="Misc" address="8100" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Hex8"/>

When you enter this into the xml of ECUFlash (put in evo10base) you will see "ff"on a car that has never had an ECUTek tune. When you use this on a car that has had ECUTek, you will see part of the license number such as "24" or whatever.

NyRsNy, please do not speak before you know the truth...... it really makes you look {thumbdwn}

mdsevo06 Jun 11, 2009 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by NyRsNy (Post 7097353)
I have 1st hand experience on this matter. I had a Regional Rep tear through my ecu which was flashed by AMS same as the OP, but mine came up clean he wasn't so lucky.

You are wrong! It's called "Check Sum", and can be checked by any Mitsubishi dealer. And since your Tuned by AMS (Eric maybe) why not ask them.

NyRsNy Jun 11, 2009 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by SiC (Post 7161606)
I don't care what any shop says, it's there. And yes, I do have the code to make the ECUTek license appear in ECUFlash.

There are 4 but I'll just give you part of 1.

<table name="ECUTek Code" category="Misc" address="8100" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Hex8"/>

When you enter this into the xml of ECUFlash (put in evo10base) you will see "ff"on a car that has never had an ECUTek tune. When you use this on a car that has had ECUTek, you will see part of the license number such as "24" or whatever.

NyRsNy, please do not speak before you know the truth...... it really makes you look {thumbdwn}

Um don't you think that when a shop puts your ecu back to stock the would restore the original mirror image of the factory flash which does not contain any of this at all.

OR

The dealer does not give a shiat about some random code or they cant locate it? I duno nor do i care because the dealer WILL HONOR THE WARRANTY IF FLASHED!

Oh and by the way SIC i do know! I don't sit home and play with code, i actually have hands on experience with Mitsubishi reps who love to void out peoples warranty's. You are not really helping people here, because you don't know for a fact if that will cause a warranty to get voided. So instead of talking about something you read about in a book get some experience, and don't speak before you know the truth... it really makes you look :thumbdown

Thanx for your time

SiC Jun 11, 2009 03:05 PM

You said that the EvoX didn't have an ECUTek license code that remains in the ROM so I proved you wrong. Just admit that you were wrong, it okay :)

Originally Posted by NyRsNy (Post 7161760)
Um don't you think that when a shop puts your ecu back to stock the would restore the original mirror image of the factory flash which does not contain any of this at all.

OR

The dealer does not give a shiat about some random code or they cant locate it? I duno nor do i care because the dealer WILL HONOR THE WARRANTY IF FLASHED!

Oh and by the way SIC i do know! I don't sit home and play with code, i actually have hands on experience with Mitsubishi reps who love to void out peoples warranty's. You are not really helping people here, because you don't know for a fact if that will cause a warranty to get voided. So instead of talking about something you read about in a book get some experience, and don't speak before you know the truth... it really makes you look :thumbdown

Thanx for your time

NyRsNy Jun 11, 2009 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by SiC (Post 7161787)
You said that the EvoX didn't have an ECUTek license code that remains in the ROM so I proved you wrong. Just admit that you were wrong, it okay :)

I could care less what is left behind after a flash, all the op cares about is if it can be detected by mitsu or not.

We don't need tech details, just what will happen if he gets another flash, and clearly i answered his question it cannot be or even if it can be the rep does not care and will authorize all work to be done.

flagg77 Jun 11, 2009 04:15 PM

Thanks for the info SiC.

Its good to know.

SiC Jun 11, 2009 04:44 PM

NyRsNy, this isn't geared towards you so please don't start flaming me.

As you all know, the ECUTek system requires a license for each vehicle and the user will pay for this licensing fee. When you flash your car with ECUTek it writes codes into an unused sector of the ECU. It writes the license code, shop code, vehicle code, and one other sub code. When it is reverted back to the stock maps with ECUTek it leaves this code in the ROM. The more than likely reason for this is so that the user doesn't have to pay for another licensing fee when he decides to tune with ECUTek again.

Now if you make a backup with ECUFlash and revert back to stock with a fresh untouched virgin ROM, there is no code so you should be safe.

Also, I do agree with NyRsNy in the fact that Mitsubishi can't see the left over ECUTek code. From what I've seen, the MUT-III system Mitsu uses can only see the ROM revision and it doesn't do a checksum test or file/hex compare.

ImsoevoX Jun 13, 2009 01:01 AM

Sorry but I'm going to have to agree with NyRsNy on this one..kinda no reason to beat a dead horse. I was told from my tuner that it's a good idea that I bring a thumb drive or blank Cd so he can copy the exact stock map. In the event I have to go back to the dealer they shouldn't be able to tell that the computer was touched. NyRsNy has been flashed back to stock successfully and yeah he's 100% right, the district rep with go through the computer with a fine tooth comb to see if it has been altered. I here what your saying Sic and I do appreciate the info all good points from everyone, but I do have my answer now. I just have to be alot more carefully in the future with these cars and realize you gotta pay to play.