EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Announcements (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements-235/)
-   -   NEW VENDOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!! 100 CELL RACE CATS, 65mm THROTTLE BODIES and PORTING!!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements/330262-new-vendor-announcement-100-cell-race-cats-65mm-throttle-bodies-porting.html)

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 7, 2008 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by lucky13evo (Post 5380072)
are the cats going to come built so you can bolt them right in or is it a build it yourself deal.

We offer both solutions. Right now the bolt-on units are being fabbed up. Should be available within the next month. DIYers can still order bare race cats :)

Lancerguy'03 Mar 7, 2008 06:40 PM

so being mil.spec do you offer mil.discounts?? =P. i use mil.spec stuff all the time.

Blue Evo 8 Mar 7, 2008 09:47 PM

I'm running a 3" AMS TBE set-up with the 3 bolt flanges.....

can you make me a 100cell cat in stainless with the 3 bolt flanges in the same length as the AMS Test-pipes/hi-flo cats?

bridge Mar 7, 2008 10:19 PM

congrats Aby !

I look forward to getting your products. We need some new blood around here . See you next week for install. Bobby

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 7, 2008 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lancerguy'03 (Post 5380152)
so being mil.spec do you offer mil.discounts?? =P. i use mil.spec stuff all the time.

Well, then you know MIL.SPEC stuff is the best {thumbup}

Right now, we are offering and EvoM discount which we are happy to say you totally qualify for.

Offering a military discount for MIL.SPEC products is a pretty good idea, though :D

Blue Evo 8,

I think the best thing for you to do would be to find a donor test pipe that fits the AMS exhaust, purchase one of our universal cats and then cut the testpipe to fit the cat. That's actually how I made the one that's on my car.

Blue Evo 8 Mar 8, 2008 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5380783)
Blue Evo 8,

I think the best thing for you to do would be to find a donor test pipe that fits the AMS exhaust, purchase one of our universal cats and then cut the testpipe to fit the cat. That's actually how I made the one that's on my car.

cool, I think I will do that then.....can you put me on the list for a 100 cell cat (core)
I'll buy a donor test pipe and have a local shop cut and fit it....

PM me your paypal info...is it $149 shipped?

EVO8LTW Mar 8, 2008 05:55 AM

What sort of longevity testing has been done on the 100 cell cats? I've heard that low cell cats are more prone to failure? Any sort of warranty included?

cpoevo Mar 8, 2008 10:00 AM

Congrats Aby and Erik. I have seen these TB personally and they are top notch. Aby is definitely a genius and one hell of a nice guy.

PS Thanks for returning the exhaust manifolds Aby.

BlackTrack Mar 8, 2008 10:41 AM

Any chance you'd have a 100cell cat for an Evo X?

Blue Evo 8 Mar 8, 2008 11:32 AM

So this 100 cell cat is about 7" long??

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 8, 2008 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by BlackTrack (Post 5381946)
Any chance you'd have a 100cell cat for an Evo X?

We are getting an Evo X cat section next week, and will be making a jig. The Evo X cats should be available in the next 45-60 days but the price will be higher because it's more labor intensive...mandrel bending, more pipe, etc. Have no idea what the price will be, but the AMS testpipe price should give people an idea on ballpark price.

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8 (Post 5382066)
So this 100 cell cat is about 7" long??

Cat is 5.125" long. Actual catalyst length is like 3".

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW (Post 5381194)
What sort of longevity testing has been done on the 100 cell cats? I've heard that low cell cats are more prone to failure? Any sort of warranty included?

These cats have been tested extensively by others. Our manufacturer supplies many other companies with their cores and housings. PM me if you'd like more info.

I would assume (an this is merely my opinion) that 100 cell cats would be less failure prone that 300 cell units since the 100 cell offers less backpressure.

We offer a 1 year limited warranty on the units. If the cat fails, you're covered with our limited warranty. If you hit a log in the road, you're not. With the Do not expect to be able to dump raw fuel into your exhaust and expect any cat to survive. We would suggest anyone doing this not to purchase our cat our anyone else's.

I have been running this cat on my personal vehicle for almost a year with no problems.

Blue Evo 8 Mar 8, 2008 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5382150)
We are getting an Evo X cat section next week, and will be making a jig. The Evo X cats should be available in the next 45-60 days but the price will be higher because it's more labor intensive...mandrel bending, more pipe, etc. Have no idea what the price will be, but the AMS testpipe price should give people an idea on ballpark price.

Cat is 5.125" long. Actual catalyst length is like 3".

These cats have been tested extensively by others. Our manufacturer supplies many other companies with their cores and housings. PM me if you'd like more info.

I would assume (an this is merely my opinion) that 100 cell cats would be less failure prone that 300 cell units since the 100 cell offers less backpressure.

We offer a 1 year limited warranty on the units. If the cat fails, you're covered with our limited warranty. If you hit a log in the road, you're not. With the Do not expect to be able to dump raw fuel into your exhaust and expect any cat to survive. We would suggest anyone doing this not to purchase our cat our anyone else's.

I have been running this cat on my personal vehicle for almost a year with no problems.

Whats the overall diameter of the cat?

I'm thinking of installing this cat on my AMS resonated testpipe.....

so that at least it'll flow almost like a test pipe, be quiet, and not make that
catless smell

steadly2004 Mar 8, 2008 12:19 PM

Whats the outside dimentions of the 3" universal cat?

*edit* nm I just noticed the pics on page 2, thats enough to guestimate

Wicked E Mar 8, 2008 12:59 PM

My price for intake package? :D

rush63 Mar 8, 2008 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5374926)
Should have pics of the TB soon. The race cats are being fabbed up as bolt-on pieces as we speak. There will be a bung option for the Evo 9 :) We are taking pre-orders at the moment. Believe me, they will be purdy :D

Dropped you a PM.