EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Announcements (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements-235/)
-   -   NEW VENDOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!! 100 CELL RACE CATS, 65mm THROTTLE BODIES and PORTING!!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements/330262-new-vendor-announcement-100-cell-race-cats-65mm-throttle-bodies-porting.html)

fostytou Mar 26, 2008 09:19 AM

Man I really wish you had the bolt on unit here a couple of months ago. Best of luck!

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 26, 2008 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by fostytou (Post 5458693)
Man I really wish you had the bolt on unit here a couple of months ago. Best of luck!

Bolt-on units will be ready in 2 weeks or less. I have the test fit piece in my car and it looks good.

I guess I can put an announcement in my signature :lol:

dbsears Mar 26, 2008 06:03 PM

Any pics of the bolt on units yet?

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 26, 2008 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by dbsears87 (Post 5461197)
Any pics of the bolt on units yet?

I have the test-fit piece in my hot little hands, however I'm loathe to post pics since it isn't in its full stage of "PIMPNESS."

I will try and post pics tomorrow for those interested, however there are some things that will change between this piece and the final units. For example, The inlet/outlet of the cats is 3.125" while the piping is 3". My fabricator is getting some custom tooling done up so we can expand the ends of the piping so it butts up perfectly with the cat.

The TIG welds can't be laid down as cleanly as we'd like without this tooling addition.

dbsears Mar 27, 2008 07:01 PM

That works for me. I can wait for somebody that takes pride in being a perfectionist. Because I now I am about as picky as they come :lol:

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 27, 2008 10:34 PM

Got busy at work today. Hopefully I'll have time to take pics tomorrow.

Wicked E Apr 2, 2008 10:40 PM

Received my ported intake manifold. Thing looks like stock. Hidden power = me likey!!

Thanks again guys! I'm saving up pennies for the tb portion of my order. A+ in my book.

Cheers-
E

TRUE-GRIT Apr 3, 2008 03:01 PM

Erik, I maybe interested in the 100 Cell "bolt-on.cat". Could you please post a Picture on the Catback; what it really looks like? Also is there a Bung for a O2 sensor (Evo IX)? Is it a direct replacement for the OEM Catback? Will it pass smog inspection? Thanks.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Apr 3, 2008 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by TRUE-GRIT (Post 5495652)
Erik, I maybe interested in the 100 Cell "bolt-on.cat". Could you please post a Picture on the Catback; what it really looks like? Also is there a Bung for a O2 sensor (Evo IX)? Is it a direct replacement for the OEM Catback? Will it pass smog inspection? Thanks.

I will post a pic soon. There will be an 02 bung for all Evo 9's. It is a replacement for the OEM cat, not the cat-back section.

Passing smog is dependent on so many factors in addition to the cat. I have recommended to every person, just keep your OEM unit in case you need it for smog purposes. I still have mine.

-Erik

For everyone else interested, we had to get some additional tooling made so the release was pushed back a bit. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks :)

vboy425 Apr 3, 2008 04:20 PM

i saw this in person. Great quality. People who know my shop, know that i don't whore out anything that have ****ty job. Definitely one quality piece.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Apr 3, 2008 04:23 PM

Thanks Charlie. TIG welds, done right, look über pimp :D

TRUE-GRIT Apr 3, 2008 06:02 PM

Erik, what does it look like? Will it pass for a OEM Cat? Will it be built to last? How much, if any; extra hp for stock Evo IX? Will it make the exhaust system sound a little louder?

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5495811)
I will post a pic soon. There will be an 02 bung for all Evo 9's. It is a replacement for the OEM cat, not the cat-back section.

Passing smog is dependent on so many factors in addition to the cat. I have recommended to every person, just keep your OEM unit in case you need it for smog purposes. I still have mine.

-Erik

For everyone else interested, we had to get some additional tooling made so the release was pushed back a bit. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks :)

Erik@MIL.SPEC Apr 3, 2008 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by TRUE-GRIT (Post 5496460)
Erik, what does it look like? Will it pass for a OEM Cat? Will it be built to last? How much, if any; extra hp for stock Evo IX? Will it make the exhaust system sound a little louder?

It looks like this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...8&postcount=29

It looks like a bullet cat, not an OEM unit.

I offer a 1 year warranty on the units.

It has made 14 more whp than a 3" HFC ceramic cat. About 5whp less than a test pipe (due to the TP being able to run more boost with less knock).

It is quieter than a testpipe, but louder than a normal cat.

RazorLab Apr 3, 2008 06:52 PM

I've tuned about 5 evos with this cat on so far and I can honestly say it's the first cat that has made me think about swapping out my Test Pipe for. ;)

TRUE-GRIT Apr 3, 2008 07:39 PM

Erik, I must not be understanding this.

What is: "EVO 8/9 BOLT-ON RACE CATS SPECIAL: $259"?

If it is a "Bullet cat": (1) Where would a bung be install (For Evo IX)?
(2) Would it be welded onto the pipes?

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5496627)
It looks like this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...8&postcount=29

It looks like a bullet cat, not an OEM unit.

I offer a 1 year warranty on the units.

It has made 14 more whp than a 3" HFC ceramic cat. About 5whp less than a test pipe (due to the TP being able to run more boost with less knock).

It is quieter than a testpipe, but louder than a normal cat.