EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Announcements (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements-235/)
-   -   NEW VENDOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!! 100 CELL RACE CATS, 65mm THROTTLE BODIES and PORTING!!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements/330262-new-vendor-announcement-100-cell-race-cats-65mm-throttle-bodies-porting.html)

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 8, 2008 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8 (Post 5382160)
Whats the overall diameter of the cat?

I'm thinking of installing this cat on my AMS resonated testpipe.....

I do not think this would work on a resonated test pipe. You would need a straight, non-resonated pipe.

Originally Posted by steadly2004 (Post 5382196)
Whats the outside dimentions of the 3" universal cat?

I think it's 4", but I have the engineering schematic on my other computer. I can verify for you on Monday.

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5382318)
My price for intake package? :D

Intake package? Do you mean throttle body? If so, please PM Aby. If I am not understanding you correctly, pm me :)

Originally Posted by rush63 (Post 5382324)
Dropped you a PM.

PM replied to {thumbup}

Wicked E Mar 8, 2008 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5376332)
Gonna do intake manifolds?? If so, whats ur package price for IM/TB?

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC (Post 5376898)
Yes. This will be done on an exchange basis @ $75-. All ported intake manifolds will feature gasket matched runners & the inlet manifold entrance will be bored to 65mm as well{thumbup}
That price will be finalized later today.

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5383438)

Intake package? Do you mean throttle body? If so, please PM Aby. If I am not understanding you correctly, pm me :)

This... {thumbup} :beer:

Blue Evo 8 Mar 8, 2008 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5383438)
I do not think this would work on a resonated
test pipe. You would need a straight, non-resonated pipe.

I beg to differ for now ....but I will check and see for other peoples opinions

below is a pic of my AMS Resonated testipe. I want to weld in the 100 cell cat onto the longer side of the piping on the test pipe....in the section right before it empties into the catback...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...23abc/AMS2.jpg

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 8, 2008 07:28 PM

Actually, it looks like it would totally work. I have never seen a resonated test pipe like that before :D

I stand corrected. Please accept my humble apologies and buy one of my cats ;)

Blue Evo 8 Mar 8, 2008 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5383580)
Actually, it looks like it would totally work. I have never seen a resonated test pipe like that before :D

I stand corrected. Please accept my humble apologies and buy one of my cats ;)

:lol: no problem man.... I was looking at my resonated TP today and saw that theres plenty of room back there to weld in a 4"-5" long 100 cell cat.....
I'll just have to go to a reputable shop that can weld it in properly and neatly.....

clearance should not be an issue either as the "resonator" is actually the widest point of the entire "Test-Pipe" unit...

so this way, I win 3 ways by gaining:

1) a quieter exhaust note
2) by being "green" not having to deal with the "no cat" smell
3) will flow almost like a test-pipe.

so with that being said and done I'd like to see what the flow and power differences are in full test-pipe vs. 100 cell cat

if the difference is 1-2 horsepower, I'd be willing to do this...

Before I plunk down my hard earned money, let me check with my muffler guy if he'd be willing to do this for me.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 8, 2008 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5383514)
This... {thumbup} :beer:

PM Aby. He will help you out. :)

Wicked E Mar 8, 2008 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5383632)
PM Aby. He will help you out. :)

Done... {thumbup}

evo8dad Mar 10, 2008 08:27 AM

Just wanted to give my opinion on these cats. I've run nearly all the HFCs out there on either my car or customer cars. Ever since MIL.SPEC and I have been working together I have been using these cats with outstanding results. They are truly the highest flowing cat on the market along with one of the lighest, which is an important factory for us racers.

Great products, great guys!!!! What else can you ask for?

rush63 Mar 10, 2008 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by evo8dad (Post 5388551)
Great products, great guys!!!! What else can you ask for?

I wanna ask for a free shipping :lol:

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 10, 2008 10:53 AM

The bare cat weighs less than 2 pounds. We're already giving you guys Priority Mail included in the bare cat price :D

FullOutPwr Mar 10, 2008 04:49 PM

E-mail sent to Aby on hotside porting. {thumbup}

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 10, 2008 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by FullOutPwr (Post 5390954)
E-mail sent to Aby on hotside porting. {thumbup}

If Aby can make Indy cars faster, I am positive he can make yours faster as well {thumbup}

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 11, 2008 08:30 PM

Check out these picks of our TB's for sale:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=331371

We also offer an intake manifold w/ porting exchange program. Installs can also be done locally if you're in SoCal. PM Aby for all the delicious details.

James Reese Mar 12, 2008 02:48 PM

I would like to put in my 2 cents. I am no more than a third pary and am here to state facts.

Last night I tuned a FPGreen on Cosworth cams. It did end up picking up over 25 whp after the install of the TB. I will be posting the Dyno plots when time permits.

James Reese

RazorLab Mar 12, 2008 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8 (Post 5383567)

below is a pic of my AMS Resonated testipe.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...23abc/AMS2.jpg

I would say at that point that would be considered a small Muffler and not a resonator. haha