Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1967 mercury cougar xr7

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2004, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1967 mercury cougar xr7

I have to sell my baby to make room for another mitsu in my driveway , so here it

67 cougar xr7
-302 cid 5.0L (swapped the 289 out)
-edlebrock performer setup (intake, cam, and 600cfm carb)
-crager wheels (skinnies and fatties)
-hurst shifter (quarter-stick)
-3spd auto tranny
-vdo 3ich Tach
-sunopro oil press, water temp, and volts gauges

Details:
Motor and tranny have less than 5k on them. Tranny has a bm shift kit, with a slightly higher than stock stall.

Interior needs sum attention but it no horrible. The front leather seats were replaced (supposed to be temprorary, until i replaced them) w/ cloth seats (still from a cougar) because the leather was really torn up when i bought the vehicle. Rear seat is perfect. Door pannels need a little attn as well.

Exterior ....There is a little rust on the bottom of the front and rear quarterpanels on both sides of the car, but that is it. Undercarriage is find.

Electrical...the sequential signals just went out this week (i was pissed). THe control box that controls the sequentials controls all turn signal functions. So basically the car has no turn signals right now.

This car is very reliable. I primarily use it for a weekend cruiser/toy , but i have driven it daily on occasion w/ out a hiccup.

Pics can be seen on my cardomain page
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/347967/5
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/347967/8

Thanks very much for looking. Pm me w/ offers if interested. Im not tryin to get rich off this thing..im just done working on it. It could be a great restoration project for someone , or a good weekend warrior. Even thought it isnt in Pristine condition i get looks and waves everywhere i go. Some one help me get my new toy by buying this one.

I will drive up to 100 miles or so to deliver, anything after that the buyer and i will have to arrange something.

THanks again
Old Nov 18, 2004, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

nice, buddy of mine had one in high school long ago with a 427 in it, thing was a beast. good luck selling, did you get yourself an evo?
Old Dec 30, 2004, 05:24 PM

no unfortunately not...didnt work out financially oh well...but this car IS still for sale...bump for a winter project 2k or best offer ...whaddaya say
Old Jan 2, 2005, 03:50 PM

not that anyone on here cares but the cougar was sold yesterday...this post can be closed/deleted