Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: EVO for $100!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2004, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am glad to see that they are not making a profit off of it because it will now be sort of legal... It is considered non-licensed gambling and is very illegal... They still need a permit for a non-profit orginization fund-raiser which they cannot get because they are not a non-profit orginization but whatever... I would not post this to many places because you never know who is watching....
Old Jul 7, 2004, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds alright. Ill probley send them 100-200 bucks . Not bad if i did win that evo.
We will see what happens.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Fast Evo - I think you are right. Like I said, when I spoke with them, they said that they are selling the tickets out of their store, and will be holding the raffle at the show. I would imagine that the winner will be somebody at the show, since that is where (I'd guess) most of the tickets will be sold!

Anyways, Here is the list I got from them:

"Thanks for the questions. Like I said, I'd get back to you with the list of what we are auctioning off, so here we go:

1 Evolution
2 Evolution R1 Endurance Front Bumper
2 Lancer Techsport Evo VII Kit
2 Lancer Kenstyle Kit
2 Trunk box setup WITH subs/amp (see site for pics)
1 Ralliart GT kit

We were also looking at Raffling off an 04 Ralliart, but we'll see how the turnout of the Evo Raffle goes. Thanks again for the email!"
Old Jul 7, 2004, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like fund raising for their own EVO.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 08:08 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

Interesting… The picture they have appears to be a RHD Evo MR. They could have at least found a pic of what they were claiming to raffle.

I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot stick. Sounds like bad news.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

"I'll take Internet Scams for $500, Alex..."
Old Jul 8, 2004, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

guys. if ya dont like it. dont post about it. its a reliable company whose worked with accolade for a long time. if youre interested check it out find out the details. if youre gonna bash it, just stay out. easy.

the winner WILL be drawn. all they said was alot of people from the show will buy tickets. if you 350 tickets sold at the show. odds are someone at the show will win. but theres also the other 150.

i talked with Josh from JIVE and he said that the profit on this raffle is going to help with their other raffles, and the rest will be donated.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 09:03 AM
JTB
Evolved Member

If they are going to donate the profit, which is necessary for this to be legit, then tell us what cause it is going towards.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blacklancer03
guys. if ya dont like it. dont post about it. its a reliable company whose worked with accolade for a long time. if youre interested check it out find out the details. if youre gonna bash it, just stay out. easy.

the winner WILL be drawn. all they said was alot of people from the show will buy tickets. if you 350 tickets sold at the show. odds are someone at the show will win. but theres also the other 150.

i talked with Josh from JIVE and he said that the profit on this raffle is going to help with their other raffles, and the rest will be donated.
Is that your LANCER in the Feature Car Section? Vendor doesnt even post its address on the site.

Since you are posting in EVOm, you know you will succumb to critisim. If this is legit, post all the details of this raffle.

If this raffle isnt for profit, why not just sell enough raffles to the cost of an EVO. Also , why dont you state that proceeds will go to charity on the site?

Last edited by EvoJimbo; Jul 8, 2004 at 09:43 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

no, that lancer is the owner's of JIVE. check my ride profile (in my sig) for mine.

im just helping jive with this. theyre helping me get a carbon fiber GT hood... so i wanted to do somethin for them to let em know im not some lil punk biotch that just takes handouts.

i will definitly ask josh where all the extra is being donated to. and post all the answers.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

i actually like this, i think i might do it, sounds legit, n i don't care if they are making a profit. i'll take my chances
Old Jul 8, 2004, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Viciouz
i actually like this, i think i might do it, sounds legit, n i don't care if they are making a profit. i'll take my chances
I care, but yeah, you do kinda have a point! I emailed asking about the donation location. No word yet
Old Jul 12, 2004, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

the answers

ok haha i guess im the JiVE spokesperson. haha. its all good.
josh and i were talking last night and i informed him of all your questions..
he would have signed up and talked to you all directly, but didnt want any trouble with the whole vendor status thang.. but i am here. haha

Q: about the car show winner...
A: the winner of the Hottest Import Ride will DRAW the winner of the raffle, not actually win the raffle him/herself.

Qrofit.. donations...
A: JiVE is also giving away several other items in this same raffle. part is going to pay for those items, and donations will most likely go to a local church who is renovating and need the money. the exact answer from josh was (direct quote): "JiVE isnt making a penny off this.. we're taking the money for the kits we're buying to auction and the rest is going to be donated"

the other items were posted earlier i think.. so you can check those out. so there will not only be one winner. there will in fact be winners for all the items from this one raffle. no other tickets or anything. but the main prize is the new EVO.

any other questions... ask and ill get your answers for ya.
guys this is legit. im not even with them and im helping them. theyre a respectable company that has had many successful and happy buyers!
think about it like this.. how bad would it suck for the nerdy kid down the street from you to win the EVO just because you were thinkin it too much of a scam to buy a ticket!
Old Jul 12, 2004, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can call my house a church if you all are going to donate 20k to help me renovate it.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

yea if youre a greedy biotch.. haha. dude its goin to a good cause. ease up